Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Options Hoffman - 0 Garcia - 0 Little - 1 Lauer - 0 Varland - 1 Sandlin - 3 Fisher - 3 Nance - 0 Fluharty - 2 Bruhl - 0 Schultz - 2 Macko - 1 Francis - 1 Lazaro - 2 Easton - 1 Bastardo - 0 (Rule 5 guy too)
  2. I'm thinking a horror movie with a cruel and shocking twist at the end where the good guys actually lose
  3. Tyler Rogers would be a wise pickup for the bullpen. He doesn't have any splits and can throw a lot of innings. GB machine who could thrive with our infield defense.
  4. Clemens' write up on Cease was good. The good: High velo and Ks Durable Fastball is great and Slider is elite Could squeeze more juice out of him by adding another pitch The bad: If he doesn't add another pitch he runs the risk of losing velo as he ages and then getting knocked around As for my own analysis (let's face it, that's why you visit the site), it always seemed like slider-heavy pitchers were more prone to TJS. Also, I've always had a hunch that two-pitch guys tend to underperform their peripherals (see: Chris Archer), though I’m not sure how true that is. If the Jays think they can effectively add to his pitch mix, and you know they are watching video to see if he could add a splitter, then I'd be all for signing him. But if not it's a pass.
  5. Bellinger scares me but the defense and positional flexibility is nice. 2017-2020: Superstar 2021-2022: The worst hitter in baseball 2023: Bounceback season but actually wasn't that good under the hood 2024: Very mid 2025: Actual bounce back season but his home/road splits are scary and Yankee Stadium boosted his HR total
  6. What if Bo doesn't come back? Is there anyone else on the Fangraphs Top 50 we should consider outside of Tucker? I'd have interest in Bregman. Torres seems to be underrated to me each year. Grisham in RF might be pretty enticing at that price. Anyone else?
  7. Sure but grouping him with Framber (estimates have him getting $150M) and Ranger ($130M) is generous. Gallen is looking at $36M and is grouped closer to Kelly, Imanaga, Imai, etc. than he is Framber and Ranger.
  8. Yeah and that's despite the slow start. Seems like Popkins got our bat speed up significantly as the year went on so the offense should be pretty good. But I want to overkill the roster additions this offseason. Let's build a damn superteam. Trade and sign stars and improve everywhere possible. I realize we won't have an unlimited budget, so most of that probably goes into the pitching side of things. But if there are opportunities to add to the lineup let's do it.
  9. Random thoughts on the projections: Varsho's defensive projection is puzzling, you could probably add at least another WAR Tony Taters sucks, he was a 2+ WAR player and now he's a 1+ WAR player Bieber exercising his option is huge. 3 WAR pitcher for 16 mil (or 12 mil depending on how you look at it) is a steal and sets us up well this offseason
  10. Varsho's projection is laughable since it assigns him negative value defensively lol
  11. The Steamer projections are in: Hitters Pitchers I kind of prefer the Steamer600 projections for hitters and those are out as well just click on the tab.
  12. The order sucks but the write ups and contract estimates are usually pretty good. As for why Bo is so low, Clemens says he "prefers the seven players listed ahead of [Bo] here. For me, Bichette’s lack of impact defense means that he’s one of the players who WAR overvalues most; sure, he’s a shortstop, but he’s one of the worst defensive shortstops in baseball." He goes on to explain that he doesn't think he'll be any good at 2B either and that he has injury concerns. So Clemens really does think Pete Alonso is a better player than Bo and that Bo is overrated by WAR due to positional adjustments.
  13. Lukes is a great guy to have on the team. Literally just league average across the board but that kind of plays up because he's a left handed bat. Also, please note that I was pumping his tires long before anyone else was. I literally was getting tarred and feathered for wanting to stick him in the starting lineup but once we did the team took off. With that said, I think the original point is that if we want to improve the offense beyond just bringing Bo back we are going to have to trade someone! If we re-sign Bo then it's the same 13 position players heading into next year. That's fine so long as we go wild on the pitching side of things, but if you want to improve the lineup you'll have to trade somebody. That's all.
  14. Why are you on Gallen's nuts so much? I can only assume that you own him on a fantasy team or something given your past behavior
  15. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2026-top-50-mlb-free-agents/ Fangraphs Top 50 FAs article is here
  16. BA predicted 5 years/150 million lol
  17. Yes thank you for doing that thing where you agree with everyone while using an argumentative tone
  18. Almost every team in the league would have use for Lukes, a player with good OBP and pretty much average at everything else while batting from the left side. And he makes almost nothing. He can start in a strong side platoon or he can be a good bench player. Just as an example, he probably would have started for the Mariners and/or Dodgers. For the Yankees he would have been a good bench player. He's not worth a ton but he could fetch a reliever, his infield equivalent, or maybe MLB/AAA starting pitcher depth.
  19. I'd rather bring Bo back but if Bregman is signing short term deals again I think you'd have to keep tabs on him.
  20. I do hope that the extra gear that some of these guys showed in the postseason carries over into the regular season next year. Usually you don’t put too much stock into a small sample like this, but it 18 games against what were probably the three best rotations in baseball; and we absolutely nuked them. Hopefully Vlad found a new level of focus he can sustain. Let’s get those numbers, especially the homers, back up. Maybe Ernie can hit .300 next year. Maybe Addison becomes a .270 guy with 30 bombs. Something to dream on.
  21. YES EXACTLY. Very well said. And I know this is ridiculous (we all do), but when you lose a loved one there's a blueprint. For something like this, because it's so ridiculous, there's really nothing you can do but white knuckle it. If you tell any normies about it they'll think you're a psychopath. So here I am, not being able to sleep and stewing over it for days on end now, and I don't know when I'll get over it. Feels like I never will.
  22. We had so many moments in both Game 7 and the series on the whole that if you combined all of the games/events above, then you probably hit the same level of devastation. This is maybe like the Bills losing 4 Super Bowls in a row? It's almost unprecedented.
  23. I appreciate the sentiment. I am also trying to find ways to cope. But commiserating in how brutal that World Series loss was is not something I am looking forward to. Feels like we are the Buffalo Bills of MLB, and that's not exactly the club I wanted to join.
×
×
  • Create New...