Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. That's a good list. I would probably add Clemens to it. Not sure I would put him in necessarily but if the Level is for "recognizing tremendous individual achievement" then his two Cy Young winning seasons merit some consideration at least.
  2. Wilner is a lock.
  3. I would pass on Vernon Wells. I respect the argument and on a talent level he's on par with Joe Carter and George Bell, both of whom I'm okay with being in the LoE. But Carter had one of the biggest hits in MLB history to go along with 5 ASG appearances, 2 World Series titles and 2 silver slugger awards. George Bell won an MVP, 3 silver slugger awards and was apart of the 1985 team which won the AL East and was one game away from the World Series. So Carter had an iconic moment to go along with 2 WS titles and George Bell had some team success to go along with an MVP award. Wells has some individual hardware on par with those two (the GGs probably allow him to surpass Carter but Bell's MVP is more impressive) but zero notable team success and zero iconic moments. So if it were up to me I would draw a line where Bell and Carter are in and Wells is out.
  4. If it were up to me I would quietly add him back in 10 years. No ceremony or anything just put his name back up there.
  5. Bautista is being added on August 12 and he seems like an easy add to me. But in addition to him, who should be in the Level of Excellence and who should be out? Not much criteria is given, other than the organization recognizing "tremendous individual achievement."
  6. The Level of Excellence is an award bestowed by the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club, recognizing tremendous individual achievement. The names and, in some cases, uniform numbers of each of the honourees are displayed on the facing of 500 Level in Rogers Centre. The recipients of this prestigious award are as follows: PAUL BEESTON (April 4, 2008), GEORGE BELL (April 9, 1996), JOE CARTER (July 30, 1999), TOM CHEEK (August 29, 2004), CARLOS DELGADO (July 21, 2013), TONY FERNANDEZ (September 23, 2001), CITO GASTON (July 30, 1999), PAT GILLICK (August 7, 2002), ROY HALLADAY (March 29, 2018) and DAVE STIEB (April 9, 1996). https://www.mlb.com/bluejays/history/records-stats-awards/level-of-excellence
  7. The threshhold for Level of Excellence is an interesting debate. I think I might create a new thread for that.
  8. Pull all extension offers to Vlad Jr. asap before he accepts
  9. He looks a little more thin today than he does in that picture above.
  10. Nunez doesn't really look like a 1B only guy to me but I'm basing that entirely on that video and the fact that he's played some 3B before. Can he really not play LF or RF?
  11. Rainer Nunez with a walkoff wall ball on a 3-2 count with 2 outs and the bases juiced
  12. Lol we got some Varsho haters on the 3rd of March
  13. Old man Scherzer needs to get with the times and speed things up out there.
  14. "Your stool sample appeared to be abnormal. Sorry but you're going to have to pull out of the WBC."
  15. Possibly but I'm sure he's fine
  16. Right knee discomfort for Vlad Jr.
  17. Sounds about right for him.
  18. Bo got his mini-extension so I'm not expecting much there for now. He just seems less likely to sign one to me for some reason as well. But All is Quiet on the Extend Vlad Jr. Front. I wonder if all these 11 year deals has made an extension less desirable for the team? I was hoping an Austin Riley like extension (10 years and 212M) would materialize but prices might have gone up. Devers had one more year of service time and signed for 10 years 313 mil. It would probably take something between the two to get it done right now?
  19. Too much hustling from Kiermaier in a spring game. Needs to tone it down.
  20. This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
  21. Love the aggressive ranking with Orelvis considering this is a fantasy writeup. The bar to be fantasy relevant is so much higher than being big league relevant and he has a chance to be a 30 homer guy with SS eligibility.
  22. He has to be trolling at this point. No way he's that dumb. This was happening all the time under the old rules with the batter calling time up until the very last second.
×
×
  • Create New...