Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. The Yankees traded for Montas, Efross and Trivino at the 2022 deadline and then signed Rodon and Kahnle this offseason and all 5 of them are hurt lol
  2. Some defectors can play but it's complicated. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/07/sports/baseball/cuba-world-baseball-classic.html
  3. He's in denial about giving a dude with a glass arm 170 million this past offseason. Right on the heels of trading for a guy with a bum shoulder lol.
  4. He'll be back in July of 2024
  5. Yankees pitchers are dropping like flies!
  6. I agree it will be a good game but I'm not sure I'd say that it's one of the most highly anticipated sporting events in all of North America this year lol
  7. Barger has good hair too. His lettuce flows a lot more naturally than Bo's who looks a little bit too manufactured.
  8. Best mental shape of his life
  9. Anybody watching? Yoenis Cespedes is batting cleanup for Cuba this game became a must watch
  10. Someone teach me how to embed videos please
  11. Jackson and Fernandez are both somewhat intriguing. I don't really know Jackson's story. I assume it's some sort of combination of injury history and playing in foreign leagues but he's put up some solid numbers in the minors and bigs the past few years and even projects fairly well. Fernandez just turned 26 and throws 99.
  12. But it seems like he's moved to #6 to me. Thompson's stuff is ass and White's stuff is probably also ass and he's behind schedule too. Ricky is next man up.
  13. Seems like we've got a decent 1-5. I assume Tiddyman will be on an innings limit and we can also manipulate his service time (that's still doable right?) so might as well start him off the minors for now.
  14. Kikuchi then turned to alcohol to numb the pain from his manager berating him in public. We all remember the story about his teammates getting him loaded on the team flights.
  15. Anyone remember how supposed player's manager Charlie Montoyo treated Kikuchi last year? Saying crap like, "Tough to play behind a guy who isn’t throwing strikes." https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/blue-jays-manager-charlie-montoyo-yusei-kikuchi-struggles/tdrpo4crll4seewczv1gxc6k I'm all for some tough love but you've got to apply it to the right players. A soft-spoken guy who is obviously taking his struggles hard isn't the guy you publicly dump on through the media. Now you can't blame Montoyo for Kooch's struggles. But I do think a better work environment can help the mental midgets of the team to a degree.
  16. Agreed. Mods please ban connorp for 12 hours. Thanks.
  17. Yep, he's talking politics mods. That's a time out.
  18. Good points. I'd still consider McGriff though.
  19. I agree. He is going into the HoF with no team cap and the Jays have as much of a claim as any other team.
  20. Here's an interesting stretch from 1991: 8/30: 1 IP 8/31: 1.2 IP 9/1: Got the day off 9/2: 2 IP 9/3: Got the day off 9/4: 2 IP 9/5: Got the day off 9/6: 0.2 IP In those 8 days he threw 7.1 IP with zero runs, 11 Ks, 2 hits, 1 BB and 3 Saves. During that stretch the Jays increased their division lead on the Tigers from 2.5 games to 4. Looks like Henke was dinged up as he didn't pitch during that stretch so Ward stepped up big time. In HoF terms if Billy Wagner is getting consideration for the HoF then Ward should get consideration for the LoE.
  21. I knew Ward was good but not that good. His 1991 season was nuts. He threw 81 games and 107 innings and put up 4.1 WAR. You could count on AT LEAST one inning of elite relief pitching in half of the team's games.
×
×
  • Create New...