Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. It was a joke about how vegans always go out of the way to tell you they are vegan. Same with people who do crossfit. I'll show myself out.
  2. f*** - and all this time I've been activating the calves like Phil told me to!
  3. Jesus - and here I am, being told (by a vegan) that vegans are the best and the healthiest people on earth (and that the rest of us non-vegans are all scum)
  4. Bunch of sour puss's. I think the HR derby is great and love the new format (time instead of outs). Then again - I have 3 young boys, so it's a fun night for us. I still think it's the best skills competition in any of the 4 major sports and truly is an event that can feature the 'stars' of baseball (as opposed to the dunk competition, which is usually full of a bunch of 11th or 12th guys off the bench who nobody cares about).
  5. 12 straight starts with 1 ER allowed or fewer. MLB record.
  6. Nice to see Groshans get hot. He's up to a 114 wRC+ now 11% BB 22% K
  7. Loved seeing Rahm win - nice redemption. The Barstool guys were talking about this today, which I agree with....it's f***ing awesome to have an an easy 18th hole that you can score on. LO standing on the tee at 18th with a realistic chance at an eagle to tie was awesome. I'd love to see more courses built like this - Par 5 18th's. Also, I know Rahm's wife is nursing, but f*** me - huge tracts of land.
  8. Biggio's at 4.1 WAR over his first 208 ML games. Kevin Smith has lots of good tools, always has, but I think we should be over the moon if he ends up better than Biggio.
  9. I'll say this - enjoy it while it lasts, but my god does baseball need someone like this. It is incredible.
  10. Ohtani had a nice week. Tuesday - HR Wednesday - HR Thursday - 6 IP 1 ER 5K W Friday - 2 HRs Saturday - HR Sunday - HR
  11. If Biggio is your expectation for Kevin Smith - you'll be disappointed. I think the word your looking for is 'ceiling'
  12. Buck, Blair....all those f***ing useless on-air personalities do this on a yearly basis. Rinse and repeat. They are horrible for the game of baseball IMO.
  13. When was the last time a top 10 positional player was dealt at the deadline on an expiring contract? He could make a major impact for a playoff team and hopefully would be worth something very valuable in return (not that I'm saying we should deal him).
  14. That analogy is on point man.
  15. We need Jomboy to investigate. IIRC, rumors came out about the Astros trash can cheating and it was Jomboy who sifted through all the video and provided the very damning evidence. Jomboy is the hero we need.
  16. I've pitched for 30 years and unless it was raining or the ball was wet (because it was raining) - I've never once felt like I had issues gripping the ball and I never used rosin. Then again, I probably topped out at 75-80 MPH
  17. He was struggling to grip the ball early in the game because it was windy? WTF dude.
  18. He never was bad. He just started the season slow and was fighting through an injury.
  19. Grichuk has been a negative defender the past 4 years (although playing 'out of position in CF' hasn't helped). He's in the 20th percentile for Outs Above Average and in the 9th percentile for Outfield Jumps. He's also been awful on the base paths this year. I'm not sure that's going to make up for those long cold stretches where he hits like Ryan Goins. The only reason you really consider it is because of how bad defensively Gurriel has been. I fully expect he'll continue to get lots of playing time - but I don't think he should be locked into the starting lineup once we get Springer back.
  20. Grichuk since May 8th 88 wRC+ 2.2 BB% 25.2 K% Tellez since May 8th 111 wRC+ 9.0 BB% 19.2 K% It will be interesting to see if we cut Grichuk's playing time when Springer returns (assuming he returns and plays CF). Predictably, Grichuk has gone cold and all the adjustments that Buck drools over each night aren't sustainable and/or don't matter. It's like clockwork.
  21. Dude - that's a candidate for worst post of the year. Congrats?
  22. I think it's a fair take. I think there's room for optimism for sure. I clearly remember them talking about how he changed his approach at the plate and that didn't work at all and lead to a horrible year in AA. He clearly has lots of tools (power, speed and very good defense IIRC) and players, more than ever, now have all the information necessary to make tangible adjustments to their swings/approaches to maximize those tools. Let's hope he keeps it up and becomes a player.
  23. This is accurate, but I will say that more often then not, he uses facts and is generally correct. That said, in this case, I'll say I think he's a little off base.
  24. Do you watch every team play? How else do you use the ole eye test to claim they are the worst in baseball? Maybe you could use the ole eye test to know there are plenty of avenues to voice or pile on your disgruntled view on the bullpens performance. A new thread for this is a bad as our bullpen.
×
×
  • Create New...