Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. 2021 MLB All-Star Game - 8.9 M viewers 2021 NBA All-Star Game - 5.9 M viewers
  2. This is correct isn't it? You can't just say vaccines don't prevent you from getting COVID because they do. A guy who works for me is still only has his first vaccination. Him and his finance flew out Alberta to help move his sister back and somewhere along the way, she picked up the delta variant. They drove his sisters car home back to Ontario, spending 24 hours together (mostly in a car) for days on end and that one dose prevented him from getting COVID. He lives with her and has been caring for her as she's been in and out of hospital and they test him like weekly and he still doesn't have it. Pretty incredible. The vaccines aren't 100% effective (none are - the flu vaccine is only about 60% effective), but they do wonders. Outbreaks like the Yankees just had are likely to pop up from time to time for the foreseeable future. This is likely something we're going to have to get used to. No different then it will happen in work places and other communities. The most people that get double vaccinated, the fewer outbreaks and the less stress on our health care systems. The evidence is pretty clear.
  3. In the US, the 7 day total # of cases is up 67% from the previous 7 day total. Deaths are up 19% over the same time period also. In Canada, we're down 4% for the # of cases and down 23% in deaths. The world averages are up 15% and up 3% FWIW. I have no f***ing idea what that all means though. I kind of think it's to be expected as everyone is going hog wild now that it feels like life is going back to normal.
  4. Must be working out with Brycen
  5. Minor League Baseball (@milb) • Instagram video WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 33K likes, 225 comments - milb on July 14, 2021: "Always here for @batdogrookie".
  6. oh f*** - that was in rookie ball man. We're talking premium A level baseball here son
  7. You mean the 6 SBs that Vlad stole in 71 games in A ball? Orelvis has 2 SBs this year. He must be the equivalent to Kendrys Morales I guess. But yes, I know it's easier to steal in the lower minors and yes I'd forgotten about the rule changes to promote it all. I just doubt anyone thought Veen would be at 4 HRs and 26 SBs in his first season.
  8. I don't know man. The MLB draft, the Home Run Derby and the All-Star Game was a pretty amazing week for me. My 3 boys and I loved every minute of it.
  9. Zac Veen is up to 26 SB's in 56 games. Didn't see that in his game when we were jerking off to his batting practice videos before the draft last year. I think most projected he'd move off CF pretty early as he didn't have great speed. I wonder if that's changed a bit.
  10. No - that's on August 12th and it's the Yankees v. White Sox That should be a special night.
  11. That's because our offense was so good! Jack was like "f*** it" why get people out when I can pitch to the score and give up a f*** ton of runs.
  12. They did last year I believe.
  13. This is kind of cool. Adam Tulloch was drafted in the 17th round by the Dodgers. Big 6'2" lefty who pitched at WV this past year. He has really good stuff. Sits 93-94 with really good spin on his 4 seamer. Good secondary's, but has always battled his command. My wife used to babysit him and his twin brother when they were young. The family had a home in Collingwood Ontario. His Dad knew I was really into baseball so he's always ask if I could go work with him when they were back in Collingwood, so he'd come out to my team's practices (North Dufferin Baseball League) from time to time and he pitched in a couple of tournaments with us when he was like 16/17. Some may remember this story as I probably told it last year when the Jays contacted him during the draft. They wanted to sign him in the 5th round well under slot. They couldn't agree on a number so the Jays passed. His Dad recently popped by and dropped off a bunch of Adam's old gear, including a catchers mitt that my middle son simply won't take off. Pretty amazing stuff. I just spoke with him and he's pretty excited to start his career. Thought I'd share.
  14. Arizona continues to draft HS players ranked in the top 150 today. I think they've taken 3 or 4. If they can sign them all, it could be a huge draft for them.
  15. holy f*** - nevermind Dick.
  16. Commissioner Rob Manfred told reporters at the 2021 MLB All-Star Game on Tuesday that the runner on second extra innings rule and seven-inning doubleheaders are "much less likely to be a part of our permanent landscape" than other recent changes. Manfred added that those rule changes were implemented during the pandemic-shorted 2020 campaign with COVID-19 health and safety reasons in mind and are less likely to remain moving forward. It appears that an avalanche of unearned runs in extra innings and the era of unofficial no-hitters will come to an end at some point in the near future.
  17. Does this give teams more to get tentative deals in place with their picks? Arizona just took Davis Diaz in the 11th round, who's ranked 74th overall. Did the extra time allow them to work out deals so they could draft and sign this guy? That's my only take on why they would stretch this into a 3 day event. Otherwise, I completely agree.
  18. I'd love to know if the Jays went into this draft with a distinct game plan to target pitchers or not. Maybe this is obvious, but it certainly appears they did.
  19. C'mon man - for every Doc Halladay W/L record, there is a King Felix or Jacob deGrom W/L record that doesn't tell you anything about how dominant and amazing they are/were. You must be trolling.
  20. Didn't the Mets coach bean him with one pitch?
  21. I think you forget what the old format looked like. It was guys taking a pitch or two between each swing and there was no drama as you couldn't mount a comeback if you started slow. It was boring as f***. Manfred got it right to change it. The first year was in Cincy I believe and Todd Frasier came from behind won it on home soil. It was incredible to watch. I also thought they got rid of the stupid rule about waiting until the previous ball landed. The broadcast crew even spoke about how Mancini increased the pace because he knew he needed more swings to beat Alonso. The format is great - the TV production failed a bit last night...although overall I still really enjoyed it. My young boys thought it was amazing.
×
×
  • Create New...