Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Ray isn't first for bWAR...Wade Miley is...which is bizarre!
  2. Holy f***.
  3. Semien just passed Vlad in bWAR (or fWAR - whichever one that Fangraph uses) for the most from a positional player in MLB (positional - so I'm leaving Ohtani out).
  4. Man - I have no idea what you're even talking about. I assume it's people buying digital cards and then being able to sell and trade them? I guess that's where the world is going. People paying millions of dollars for a digital image of a player seems really stupid.
  5. Sorry boys - just saw this now. I was big into fantasy sports for years. Ran my own money leagues and really loved it. But I stepped away like 3-4 years ago now when life just got too busy and to be honest, I haven't missed it a lot and suspect I'd be pretty s***** at it now because I don't have the time to commit to it. Thanks though.
  6. 1st basemen are taught to "expect a bad throw". Vlad definitely had it on cruise control, expecting a normal throw. This is still on Semien, but I agree that Vlad wasn't as prepared as he should have been.
  7. Hit the nail on the head Olerud. Baseball can be a cruel sport to follow at times.
  8. You're not. We all hate Charlie too.
  9. I agree. I think they were hedging their bets. The team just returned to TO and obviously the additions they made creating a ton of hype (as did their play). I suspect they thought they had at least a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs and it's not like they should have expected Springer to go down and Soria wouldn't even pitch before the bullpen and team s*** the bed against some bad teams and fell out of contention. I do expect them to do a much better job evaluating their manager and/or providing him with the support he needs to improve.
  10. They probably should. Merryweather too?
  11. This is exactly what they would say. As I read that I imitated their voices in my head and it was perfect. I sure hope that doesn't happen....all this adding we did sure looks stupid now.
  12. Goose Gossage has entered the chat.
  13. You may want to find a new team to follow.
  14. Interesting. I never even knew that females being terrible at math was a stereotype. This also shows that positive stereotypes are good? I wonder what would happen if you told them things that aren't stereotypes - would you get the same results? Like if you told them asians under the age of 25 are bad at math...would that affect the results? Perhaps anything negative prior to a test will result in worse results. I can't help but think of youth coaches. Often in the pre-game speech they will talk about how the other team is strong and how the players needs to have heightened level of focus and effort tonight (or something like that). Are they better to just say lots of positive things to the player pre-game to get results? Perhaps they are. What about stereotypes that seemingly aren't positive or negative? British people sure love their tea. Chinese eat a lot of rice. Italians like big feasts and lots of pasta. Canadians sure love their hockey. Hockey players are tough. It's all interesting stuff. I'm opening to listening and change, but can't help but think the needle has moved too far. People are so keen to be part of that moment that sometimes I think they'd rather jump down someone's throat and ruin them than to evaluate the situation and make logical judgement. I mean I almost question whether we can even make movies anymore. Almost everything is a representation of a culture or race and displays stereotypes for entertainment.
  15. I guess it falls under the 'unfair treatment of people of a particular race' and by repeating their accent one should always assume it's mocking them. I must say I've never thought of it that way when people say 'eh' or 'aboot' in a Canadian accent or when anyone jokes about poutine or hockey as a Canadian stereotype - but I guess others do. That's really too bad IMO. I don't pay attention, but do TV networks still show movies like Austin Powers? (which mocks all kinds of British stereotypes)
  16. Looks like another box score type of game for me.
  17. I will admit I'm probably a little ignorant on this, but why is impersonating someone's accent racist? Isn't it stereotyping?
  18. We had that guy in Tellez, but he started slow when we needed him to be hot, then had to sit when we brought Springer back (too early) and had to DH him and then we shipped him away because the bullpen sucked. Sometime it just works out that way.
  19. I remember all the talk this spring about how the surgery reinstated a bunch of flexibility for Thornton and he could throw his change up again. So much hope, but he's been pure s***.
  20. I'm sure glad I took my son to a game when they were playing well and Springer was healthy. This team sucks and won't be in the playoffs. I do think we're in a great spot to compete for the division next year, but we still need to add. Sure hope we can extend Berrios and Ray too (or that trade is going to look pretty s*****).
  21. Every team in baseball would be in a better position if they fared better in 1 run games. There are a long list of factors that play into the results of 1 run games and luck is one of the biggest ones. In general, there are very few players who consistently perform better in high pressure situations (where one might call it clutch). It seems to fluctuate year to year....because there's a big element of randomness (or luck) involved.
  22. I agree. People have soured too much on Biggio IMO. He had about a 117 wRC+ over his first 160 games, plus runner and reduced his K% last year. Eliminated the juiced ball has probably hurt him more than most, but I still think there's a solid ball player who can be a key part of this team moving forward. The guy got moved to 3rd (and openly tried to learn a new position instead of complaining) and has been playing hurt most the year. Hope he comes back strong.
  23. I'm not sure Lance did. The 80 yard TD overshadowed a rather poor outing.
  24. I think if you research it, you'll find this isn't necessarily true. In any particular year, you'll find great teams who struggle in 1 run games and you'll find average/s***** teams who manage to win a ton of 1 run games.
×
×
  • Create New...