Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I don't think you're the target market. Still - if you love baseball, why wouldn't you tune in to watch at least the first half of the game? I assume most Jays games start at 8:07 for you? Do you watch them? It would be interesting to talk to someone in the know at MLB to see what the data suggests. If I lived in the west coast, I think I'd actually love a 4:07 start time. I would tape the first hour or so while I'm still at work - which would allow me to skip through all the commercials and pitching changes and reduce how long it takes for me to watch the game. That's a win-win all around. I actually do this quite a bit with Jays/Raps games when I'm stuck parenting or at a hockey/baseball game late. The key is keeping your phone or notifications off so you don't end up seeing the score until you're watching.
  2. Nick Groke of The Athletic reports that Jon Gray rejected a late-season contract extension offer from the Rockies of three years and $35-40 million. The Rockies chose to hang on to Gray at the trade deadline, apparently in large part because they intended to ink him to a long-term deal. However, the right-hander is now slated to reach free agency after not biting on an offer which the Rockies extend during their final homestand, per Groke. Colorado does evidently plan to extend Gray a qualifying offer, which he seems likely to reject.
  3. I think this all comes down to how comfortable the Jays are with Biggio. If they think he's a 3.5+ WAR player that he was in 2019 & 2020, then I'm sure they're relatively comfortable with Espinal/Smith at 3rd. If they aren't confident Biggio can be an impact player at 2nd base, then I don't think they'll roll with Espinal/Smith and will look to add a short term fix. Of course if they aren't confident with Biggio at all, they could just add an impact player at 2nd and roll with Esp/Smith at 3rd.
  4. That's an interesting perspective - thanks for sharing. I suspect it truly depends on what you get used to. For me, 5-8 is typically time for stuff with my kids. Often that includes their own hockey/baseball and we're missing the start of the game or listening on the radio during the drive (unless we tape it). Once showers are done, we sit down and watch some baseball until it's time for bed.
  5. I mean the games start at 8 to blend across all time zones. You would think that those on the west coast who aren't off work until 5 would miss the start of a 7 pm EST game, but that does seem like a lesser evil than so many turning the game off to go to bed at 11 pm EST. I'm sure those a lot smarter than us understand this all better. That said - I've always found it crazy to think that people live in areas where football games start at 10 or 11 am - or baseball/hockey games start at 5 pm. I guess it's all what you're accustom to, but that seems so bizarre to me.
  6. Greinke pinch hitting and getting a hit is pretty awesome to see.
  7. Ah you're too harsh. Freeman, Albies, Swanson and Riley is one of the best infields in baseball. They have some OFers on massive heaters and a bunch of electric young arms. I have no problem watching the Braves in the WS. But then again, I love baseball too much to ever really complain - I'll always find the silver lining.
  8. I think we're in for a good one tonight boys.
  9. Isn't this because they traded their prospects for proven players with some/short term control? I mean it's also because they blew their wad on Heyward who sucked tiddies.
  10. This game isn't over - Houston's bats are so dangerous.
  11. Oh s*** - broken leg. That's awful.
  12. Looks like good news for Morton - it's related to the comebacker off his calf. That should be better than a muscle pull, which could end his season. If it's a bruise, he should be back.
  13. Please take the fantasy baseball talk to the appropriate thread boys....this is the World Series and it is glorious. I f***ing love baseball and soon we'll have no baseball to watch
  14. Yikes - huge blow for the Braves - that doesn't look good.
  15. I agree with the first paragraph. But isn't the stuff in bold the responsibility of the Team President? Shouldn't that blame fall on Beeston? Or do I have that wrong? I always thought it was Shapiro who was revamping our facilities and support teams (not Atkins). I mean we shouldn't be surprised that Beeston wasn't up to date on the current needs of athletes and such.
  16. Couple of notes: Ken Griffey Jr joins the Mariners ownership group Bobby Dickerson joins the Phillies coaching staff. I love the Bobby Dickerson infield videos on youtube - I used a lot his content with the kids.
  17. It's super early, but Barnes looks great and Precious looks like that athletic, energetic big we needed. Oh, and Suggs looks like he can't shoot. LaMelo Ball and Ja Morant look like they are about to destroy the league...
  18. His wife is pretty tight
  19. f*** you Ed Rogers. We finally build a sustainable winner and you decide it's time to go batshit crazy and sabotage things? What a ****.
  20. I hope the Jays start accessing the market well before FA starts...
  21. I agree - but there's now also the opportunity to play on a team that has a chance to win the WS. That - combined with the recent success of Pete Walker and the new facilities makes us more appealing than we were 3-4 years ago. Plus then you don't have to face Toronto's lineup
  22. It is all going to depend on the market this year. If it's a hot market and guys like Desclafani and Wood are landing 3 year deals, you have to ask yourself if you'd rather have Matz on a 1 year $18M deal or Desclafani/Wood at 3 years $36M (or something like that). I'd rather have Matz personally. It's all kind of risk/reward evaluations - you'd hate to not qualify Matz and see him leave on a 4 year $60M deal where we missed out on a free compensation piece. Ray, Scherzer, Rodon, Gausman, Stro and ERod are all getting multi year deals....They shouldn't be included in this discussion as we're likely trying to sign one of them already. It's Matz, Pineda, Duffy, Bundy, Cobb, Paxton, Cueto, Martinez, Hill, Desclafani, Wood, Kluber, Gray, Grienke that will be looking at relatively short term deals and there's more than a few them I really have no interest in. If it's a soft market and you can get these guys at 1 year / $12M AND you have to get them to want to sign and play in Toronto (which means you might swing and miss at your top 2-3 options) are you going to lose sleep over the extra $6M you gave Matz when he's more of a known commodity in TO? Oh and if he wants to leave, you get compensation? Syndergaard and Verlander are wild cards - obviously if they want a 1 year pillow deal and want to play in Toronto - then yeah, I want them over Matz. To be honest - I think Gray is the guy you want. I'm happy to let Matz leave if we can get Gray on a 2 or 3 year deal (ideally with a club option).
  23. Dodgers are adding Price to replace Joe Kelly. Curious to see if he has any juice left.
×
×
  • Create New...