Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. 4 years for Avisail Garcia is crazy IMO. He's far too inconsistent to justify a 4 year commitment (similar to Grichuk).
  2. I'd be surprised if any of them are.
  3. I'd say there's a 95% chance it would yes.
  4. According to Jeff Passan of ESPN, Mark Canha has agreed to a deal with the Mets. The deal is expected to be for two years with an option for a third year and $26.5 million guaranteed. according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post. The 32-year-old would be a solid addition as a versatile high on-base outfielder. Canha posted a .231/.358/.387 slash line last season with 17 home runs and 12 stolen bases over 519 at-bats for the Athletics. The deal is pending a physical.
  5. John Means is also apparently on the block. Smart by the O's as they aren't anywhere near a winning window. Mullins value may never be higher than right now. Cash in.
  6. Agreed - it would be huge if we could fill a portion of our bullpen with home grown talent that costs next to nothing and is under control for 6 years.
  7. Moving J.D. Davis off 3rd base....Betting on the universal DH so they can us Davis and Dom Smith there? Have to think one of those 2 would be on the move. J.D. Davis can't seem to stay healthy, but the man mashes the ball.
  8. I think there's a 1% chance they move Alcantara or Rogers. That leaves Pablo Lopez, who's had a few too many shoulder injuries for my liking (unless that factors into the cost of course). Edward Cabrera, Sixto (shoulder injury), Braxton Garrett - way more risk with these guys - wonder if Miami would consider trading them.
  9. I love the idea of getting Marte. Not sure I am at the cost of Kirk, Biggio and Hoglund though. Change Hoglund with Kloff and I could get on board.
  10. I think you're discounting the growth and development he'll have over the next 2-3 years. Manoah spent half his college career in the arm barn and only had 2 pitches too.
  11. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    That is pretty awesome. They look to have huge sales on most items too. Never heard of them, but assume they are legit.
  12. Can we merge all this guys threads into one?
  13. anyone know what Adrian Hernandez fastball velo is?
  14. Dave Portnoy approves this message.
  15. Would your rather have Rodon for 4 years $60M and Jon Gray for 3 years $45M or Robbie Ray for 6 years $130M? I think Rodon and Gray have enough upside that I'd rather the depth.
  16. What type of contract will it take to land him? 3 year $45M?
  17. Let's not act like agents have absolutely no idea of the range their clients should expect on the open market.
  18. With Matz signing 4 years $44M - Do we think he would have accepted a QO if offered? Does he leave $26M on the table and risk that he'll stay effective and healthy? My guess is he would have accepted the QO. I think an AAV in the $13M+ range (assuming he was getting 4 years) would have been the breaking point.
  19. I think you're discounting the fact that Yates was one of the best (top 5) relievers in baseball in 2018 and 2019. The reward was absolutely massive, but, evidently, there was a lot of risk we wouldn't get much out of him. The risk in terms of $$$'s wasn't prohibitive at all. Yates was a lottery ticket man - nothing more.
  20. Good teams need 8-9 starters each year. Also he provided us with 2.8 WAR last year, which was 46th overall in MLB last year (for pitchers). He finished ahead of Ryu, Bieber, Sonny Gray, Pablo Lopez and just behind Yu Darvish and Ohtani. While he may pencil in as our #5 to start the year, he may spend a portion of the year as our 3rd best starter. He may also finish the year out of the rotation. I'm all for adding Ray or Gausman (or both if we somehow have the cash), but you can't just discount the value of depth in the rotation.
  21. https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/does-one-knee-catching-actually-lead-to-more-wild-pitches/ I don't have access, but I suspect the answer is it doesn't lead to more wild pitches. This video does a good job of explaining why it's done. They explain the traditional stance gives the ump a point of reference, whereas the knee down eliminates that and gives the ump a better view.
  22. Have we all forgotten all the drama around this guy already? It was like 2 weeks ago people. He's a f***ing clown.
  23. I will admit I'm just now learning some of the nuances of catching as my middle son wants to become a catcher - but I think there are lots of catchers who are on 1 knee with runners on base and/or 2 strikes. And I know this because every time it happens, Buck Martinez has to comment on it and complain about what catchers are being taught because it's not the old school approach.
  24. I applaud your aggressiveness.
×
×
  • Create New...