Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I would assume the "we're willing to lose games" talk is simply a leverage tactic / negotiation 101 ********. I can't imagine it really means much. As a flipside - if they said "we aren't willing to lose games" then that give the leverage to the PA.
  2. I was telling someone the other day that I don't really appreciate greatness. I'm already sick of hearing about and watching Mahomes and have been long sick of Brady. I stopped watching pre-game shows and analysis for all sports years ago, but I still prefer some fresh new stories each year. I love a good underdog story and the Bengals are a fun new upcoming team so I'd rather them get there than KC. It was the same when Tiger Woods was in his prime and during the baseball playoffs. I don't really want to see the Dodgers and Yankees/Red Sox in the World Series anytime soon. I'd be curious if others feel this way. Maybe I'm weird. It will be interesting if the Jays become an annual contender - we'll see if that changes my views.
  3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the height of the strike zone is determined based on his stature during a typical swing. The question is - what if you never swing?
  4. I don't get it anymore either. I don't pay for s***. I hit 'no thanks' yesterday and it didn't come up again.
  5. and fans will assume we signed Bobby's son.
  6. What I struggle with is the reality that upwards of 75% of the league was also cheating....so it's not like the playing field was skewed significantly.
  7. This. Also, HGH was only banned in 2005 and really I'm not sure any of us know if they were taking HGH or roids or both. And yes, I probably ought to have been more careful and detailed in the words I used my post - but I still find it very ironic. Big Papi failed a PED test and writers still voted for him and not Bonds/Clemens? What on earth is their justification? They either claim Bonds/Clemens hurt the sport more than all other PED users (which was probably 75% of the players) or they felt Bonds and Clemens were *******s, but Papi is a nice guy - and I think that's complete ********.
  8. But did he beat the fan with his own shoe?
  9. It's slightly interesting that Cap Anson is inducted despite openly betting on baseball while playing and managing BEFORE that officially became illegal, but Pete Rose after betting on baseball after it became illegal. YET Bonds, Clemens, etc. are not inducted after (presumably) using PEDs BEFORE they officially became illegal, but David Ortiz is inducted when he was caught using PEDs after they officially became illegal. That's a mind twister!
  10. At least it looks like we're moving towards a world where we eliminate this stupid old school unwritten law. Babe Ruth was part of the first group of people ever inducted and even he didn't get voted in unanimously. Goes to show you there have and will always be morons amongst us.
  11. I've been reading an old Cooperstown book to my youngest son (6). It includes a 2 page summary of players inducted into the baseball HOF and is a great way for me to introduce the history of them game to him. The stories include when the player was induced and often includes what % of the votes he received. What I find baffling is this old school tradition of not voting players in unanimously. Roberto Clemente dies in a plane crash while en route to deliver aid to earthquake victims in Nicaragua - they agree to waive the 5 year waiting period and hold a special vote for him - and he only gets 93% of the votes? 31 *******s vote against inducting him? What a f***ing joke.
  12. Don't be a wet blanket Jim - he was just as good in 2020.
  13. What in the f***ing f*** was that s***? Between the Bills and the Packers - football is now dead to me this year. I'll be cheering for Cincy, but they can't hang with KC. Chiefs/Rams should be solid, but I'm sick of watching KC.
  14. That defensive coordinator is going to have nightmares over his call for a slot blitz - leaving Kupp 1 on 1 v. the safety.
  15. Exactly - let him become the prison bitch until he decides to kill himself. That's the type of suffering he deserves.
  16. Holy f*** - so did I. That's hard to process.
  17. Major League Baseball is expanding its automated strike zone experiment to Triple-A. It's one step closer to the automated zone being implemented in the majors. According to the Associated Press, several Triple-A teams have posted job postings seeking seasonal employees to operate the system. Last year, the "robot umpires" at home plate were used in eight of the nine ballparks in the Low-A Southeast League. It's likely other MiLB leagues will use the system, as well.
  18. Is there any guarantee that Montreal would be a successful location?
  19. According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, the Rays' plan to split their seasons between Tampa Bay and Montreal "has been killed by Major League Baseball officials." Rays ownership has been pumping up this project for more than two years, and Topkin notes that MLB's decision to suddenly put an end to it frustrated and stunned team officials. The organization's focus, per Topkin's sources, will now shift toward building a new permanent home in the Tampa Bay area. There had been chatter about full-on relocation before the wonky split-city concept began to take shape in 2019. The current lease agreement at Tropicana Field is set to expire at the conclusion of the 2027 season.
  20. I think the offer from Lockard is further off than the one that McGrath suggested
  21. Great question - would anyone else have done the research and exposed the Astros?
  22. That was the first time I heard of Jomboy and have been following and loving their s*** every since. I suspect they would have grown without it, but they got a s*** ton of exposure from that breakdown.
  23. Jonathan India and Dylan Cease also joined Boras.
×
×
  • Create New...