Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Can minor league ball players "quit" their team and go sign/join another team?
  2. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    I would have thought just a 1st round pick for Toffoli was a great return. I don't know who the other guys are (don't really follow hockey) - but yeah - I like it for Montreal. I did see people suggest Calgary did great, but I don't see it.
  3. Remember the backlash when a fan threw a ball back in and hit an outfielder on a bounce? I wonder if anyone got smoked by a half full tall boy this weekend.
  4. This is simply an incredible scene - awesome for the game of golf. Do we think they should bring this to more courses? Would it help draw in younger fans? Or should it remain unique and one of a kind? Curious what you guys think. Also - while I love seeing this, I do really hate people throwing beers all over the f***ing place. I saw when the 2 players took their shirts off on the green to amp up the crowd that there are beers hitting the green (potentially damaging it). I don't f***ing get that mentality - you can't chuck beers on the field of play in any other sport (thank god). I'm all for the cheering and rowdiness - but that's a little too barbaric for me.
  5. It is...if the Raps collapse and their pick becomes the 12th overall pick, then Spurs don't get it this year and if they suck next year, it becomes 2 second round picks. My point was I suspect the Raps believe they will sustain this success and hope their pick next year is in the 20-24th overall range - which means they are only 'dropping' 8-12 picks (as they are getting Detroit's 2nd rounder in the deal) in the draft - which they probably believe is worthwhile to add Thad Young because it's all a crap shoot when you hit the 20th overall pick anyway. Hopefully Thad Young, if given 20-24 minutes per game can replicate what he did in Chicago last year - as that would be a very solid addition to the rotation.
  6. I think right now they would project to pick 20th and they have been one of the best teams in the NBA since December 1st. I think they hope they are just downgrading the draft pick by 10 spots +/- and honestly, once you get out of the Top 10, it's essentially a crap shoot anyway. Thad was great in Chicago last year. 12 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 4.3 apg and 56% FG in 24 minutes. The Raps could really use that production off the bench. Now that said - nobody is excited for Thad Young - especially when the Cavs got Lavert for Rubio's expiring contract and a protected 1st round pick.
  7. I'm obviously not surprised, but CubFanMike's response was pretty stupid - yours is superior.
  8. How about you go f*** yourself. ****.
  9. I mean you're probably right - but shouldn't the response look at the average return for all MLB teams over some random duration? Cherry picking 1 team for 1 duration is weak.
  10. Completely agree with this. I would suggest that nobody within the public should form ANY opinion about this case as you know sweet f*** all about it. You have like 10-20% of the evidence and information. This is what is wrong with the world IMO - too many people live atop Mount Stupid (dunning kruger) and spew their ******** around the internet. BTW, I do realize and accept that's the premise of this board with a bunch of nobodies debating and opining about what the Jays should do with their team. It is rather ironic - yet I feel it's rather harmless when talking about a sports team, but incredibly damaging to our population when used for politics, court cases, etc.
  11. Brownie19

    NHL Thread

    again? WTF man?
  12. All I can think of is him dancing on the table in Moneyball. RIP
  13. Good god - I feel dumb for not being able to put that together. Even glazed over the RIP and just assumed there was someone named Koby Bryant. Not my finest moment. And yes - decent example.
  14. Honestly, I think Bichette's chase rate is what's holding him back from being a true superstar with a wRC+ >135 or 140. I mean his results are still great, but I think it holds him back a bit for the very reasons that John_Havok notes. I am hoping that with maturity, Bo learns to lay off those bad pitches and focuses on the ones he can truly punish.
  15. Need help - not sure who or what you're referencing and when I google it, I just get pages and page about Kobe Bryant
  16. I don't know what this really means, but I'm posting it https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10026155-report-mlb-stops-testing-for-steroids-after-drug-agreement-with-players-expires
  17. At this pace, they won't have the legs left to even partake in a play-in tournament. NN is running the starting 5 into the ground right now.
  18. Washington Commanders https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-commanders-new-team-name thoughts?
  19. ohhhh....ouch.
  20. I think most see it as rich people arguing with rich people. Most just look at the 'top' players making millions of dollars a year to live out their childhood dream and can't comprehend how they could complain and strike in that situation. To be honest - that's true. Even the minimum contract players make more in a year than most do in 10-15 years at their careers, so it's hard for the general public to relate and sympathize with them. Of course the reality is the Owners typically all make hand over fist also - but their numbers aren't truly public (and if they are, it's all skewed and doesn't really reflect the profit they made) and the general public just doesn't relate to them like they do the players. I don't think that makes people stupid - perhaps just a little short sighted. The exploitation of minor league players is REALLY something the general public could relate to and support. That's something that really pisses me off and I wish there was a way to fix that. And of course, as a fan, I'd love to see a world where neither the owners or the players become become quite as rich so they could lower the price to attend games so the average joe and his family could attend more often.
  21. "and includes texts he alleges are from New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick demonstrating that the Giants conducted an interview with Flores while knowing that they intended to hire Brian Daboll as head coach." I don't get that from the BB text messages included in that yahoo story at all. I get that BB text the wrong guy and inadvertently jammed half his foot down his throat by accident. Terrible look for BB, but nothing to suggest the Giants just interviewed him to meet the Rooney Rules.
  22. We should start our own convoy! [insert Spanky's GIF of the Blue Jays trucks]
  23. That's a pretty compelling argument. One thing I really appreciate about Brady is his ability to absolutely dominant without elite athleticism. Nobody in history has gotten so much out of a rather average body. His preparation and mental game is next level.
  24. That approach assumes the players are actually willing to sit out games too...which they may not be.
×
×
  • Create New...