Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I guess it's not really possible for him to go throw rehab games in the minors to work his way back. This certainly isn't the traditional way of doing it and took some out of the box ideas. It will be fascinating to watch this play out.
  2. I'm pretty sure it was just a fun "sleeper" team to pick man. This is "almost" like ripping people for their bold predictions being incorrect.
  3. I'm not sure I agree. He wasn't very good with the Brewers last year. His stats were propped up by a low BABIP and a high LOB%. He isn't very good, which is why he was just traded for Andrew Vaughn
  4. I mean - he's not very good and bitched about losing his rotation spot. He should likely be thrilled to join the White Sox as it's one of the few teams in baseball he can remain a starter for the rest of the year.
  5. Civale to the White Sox for Andrew Vaughn - interesting return! I wonder if a change of scenery will help Vaughn, or if he's a lost cause.
  6. Rob Friedman (@pitchingninja) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 364 likes, 6 comments - pitchingninja on June 13, 2025: "Was he created in a lab to DESTROY hitters? ! tried to sum up... Unreal
  7. I'd be on board with that - simply because it adds rotational depth. I can't imagine he'll cost much. We could do this - and set our sights higher of course...
  8. It was, but I think that criticism is unfair. The A's have a really fun, young core of hitters (Wilson, Butler, Rooker, Kutz, Soderstrom, Langerliers, etc.). Their pitching isn't nearly as good, but they did spend a bit this year, adding Severino and Leclerc (who's been awful) and of course they have Mason Miller, who's unreal. He was just taking a stab at picking a "wildcard" team to slip into the WC3 spot. He's not a moron for doing so. Jacob Wilson might be the most fascinating player in baseball right now. I want him starting the all-star game at SS.
  9. I have to agree. I used to LOVE watching Chad Green pitch (even if it was for the Yanks). He was unreal for a stretch and I was hopeful he could replicate it with the Jays - but he can't. He needs to go.
  10. Maybe we trade for Sale if the Braves are out of the race...
  11. Those hitting and pitching coaches such have a major impact! Boss Ross strikes again. Just remember that when you want to fire the same people next year or in 2027 when they magically forget how to coach, or bask in their success and fall way behind the rest of the league.
  12. Sounds like baseball to me. How can you not be romantic about this game?
  13. Man - the baseball savant metrics certainly suggest that Bo, Vlad, Barger, Springer and Kirk are all legit this year offensively. Pages are bright red. Some promising metrics for Varsho too (albeit a SSS). A healthy Santander is the cherry we need for this offense.
  14. Really hoping Denzel Clarke finds his footing at the plate. It doesn't get much more exciting in CF defensively these days.
  15. He's a good example of why ERA no longer carries much weigh in evaluating how good a pitcher is.
  16. Yeah - that's all I'd ever expect out of him. He can be a quality utility player on a winning team though IMO. He's a good piece to have under control, making next to nothing.
  17. If he maintains a wRC+ near 100, he's going to be fun to watch for the next 4 years. Quite a find. I also love the speed he brings to the lineup.
  18. You'd have Sandy through 2027 (if you exercise the club option), you'd have Keller through 2028. Both seem like good targets, given the uncertainty and # of upcoming free agents we have in the rotation. What's the cost to land either one?
  19. 100% this. It's time for a trade Ross. What's Mitch Keller cost us?
  20. Yeah I was generally on board with all those options myself. Kelly has been unreal this year.
×
×
  • Create New...