Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Tyson said it best. Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it.
  2. Ironically, Vlad is actually ahead of where he was offensively this year v. last year (at the same point in time). Obviously no guarantee he goes off the rest of this season (like he did last year), but it also reminds you that there is still time for him to be an offensive force this year. Time will tell.
  3. As a baseball fan, it's amazing to see this type of season. History in the making really. And while I know he's been a 30+ HR bat for a few years now, this does remind me of the Brady Anderson season - or when Beltre hit 48 HRs. I'm not trying to accuse him of any funny business, but simply comparing the element of surprise and awww that comes with this type of power outburst. I'd love nothing more than to see him finish with 50+
  4. I think the reality is there are different ways to build a winning team. The 2019 Nationals leaned on their starters so much that Strasburg and Corbin essentially died winning that championship. There's no single blue print on how to do this - and that's the beauty of it.
  5. Now that Sale is hurt, I doubt any true ace is moved (even if AA said he wouldn't move him). I think you still try and add and hope that a chance of scenery and/or a playoff run sparks a hot streak from one of the guys you mentioned. Given the Jays current situation, adding someone with some control would be ideal (and costly), but there's really no guarantee they'll be an "upgrade" over Gaus/Berrios/Bassitt. But we do need to remember the following pitchers started game in the World Series last year: Luis Gil, Carlos Roden, Clarke Schmidt, Walker Buehler, Ben Casparius. LA also had Flaherty and Yamamoto and of course NY had Cole. Yamamoto and Cole are aces, but Flaherty isn't. in 2023: Andrew Heaney, Jordan Montgomery, Max Scherzer, Joe Mantiply, Brandon Pfaadt and Merrill Kelly all started WS games. Texas had Eovaldi and Arizona had Gallen as their "top pitchers" that year. Neither were aces. Aces certainly help. I'd love one! But teams are winning the WS without Randy Johnson & Curt Schilling at the top of their rotation. IMO, adding another solid #2/#3 to Gausman/Bassitt/Berrios/Max/Manoah will give us a shot to go deep in the playoffs. It's really about getting them firing on all cylinders at the right time.
  6. I wish I was in SD. I'm in Cincinnati at my kids Perfect Game baseball tournament. We're bringing the whole family and catching a Reds game (we're so busy with ball/sports that this qualifies as the family vacation). I've been to Great American Ball Park before, but it will be the first time for the kids. We'll make the best of it.
  7. Giants option Tyler Fitzgerald to AAA
  8. Reds DFA Jeimer Candelario half way through his $45M deal. What a f*cking mess they are. McLain, Steer and Encarnacion all can't hit now either. Espinal continues to start for them? Gross. I'm going to see the Reds v. Padres on Friday. At least Elly doesn't blow.
  9. Apparently Varsho may start a rehab assignment this week...
  10. I obviously understand that. But I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect a healthy Varsho, Santander and Yimi to fill some holes in the current roster and be significant contributors on this team. Max and Manoah are much less of a sure thing, but it is reassuring to know we're going to have a couple of internal options to help this team. I certainly don't think the team needs to rush out and trade for another CFer, power corner OFer and setup man right now - do you? The most glaring need right now is a top of the rotation starter.
  11. 100% their depth made a HUGE difference. That's why you see all these "super teams" struggling to win - no depth. That analogy isn't the best.
  12. He's going to tell you that you can't rely on any of those things working out and that we need to make enough moves so Manoah and Max can be in AAA as depth starters and Santander can return as our 5th OFer. And while there's some truth to that approach (which he's been preaching since the offseason), it's simply not realistic. I think what you were trying to say is that while we do have some holes right now - we do have some internal options that may soon help fill some of those holes. Will they all succeed and fill those holes? No, but they should fill some of them, which is encouraging. It's certainly better than not having quality internal options set to return soon.
  13. Your probably need to accept that we're still going to have some flaws. Almost every team does.
  14. Ever consider you might not know as much as management? Like even for a couple of seconds?
  15. To be fair, I believe Sale was trying for his first shutout in like 7 years or something. There's probably a good chance that he asked for the opportunity. Yes, the manager has to use his judgement and can overrule a vet, but there is trust and respect and lots of other factors involved. It was a freak injury. It happens. Bad things can happen without them being someones fault.
  16. Given their history over the past 2 seasons, it's really bizarre to suggest the O's know who to give money to and who not to...
  17. You compared him to Bowden Francis. That's a joke. Don't ruin the good discussions with that type of nonsense please.
  18. Some really good discussions there men. Well done.
  19. You aren't giving up Nimmala to get Alcantara. There aren't many signs that Alcantara is anywhere close to returning to his previous form. His statcast page is ice cold.
  20. That's right up there as one of the dumbest things I've heard this year.
  21. I truly hope you're not surprised by this. Doc was a HOF pitcher - the best to wear the Jays uniform (for an extended period). How often do you expect the Jays to have a pitcher as good as Doc on their roster? They call them "generational talents" for a reason right? All that said, Gauman's 2022 was on par with the best seasons Doc had in a Blue Jays uniform, albeit in 50-70 fewer innings pitched.
  22. And last year in 307 PA's v. RHP, he had a 104 wRC+ (only 73 wRC+ v. LHP)
  23. I assumed that was Munenori Kawasaki. Bush party!
×
×
  • Create New...