Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Here's another one. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-the-rays-traded-for-hank-conger-a-catcher-who-cant-throw/
  2. What does 3.9 million get you though? That's less than half a WAR on the current market. I suppose it could get you a reliever but probably not a very good one. But it's not like signing Smoak precludes that from happening anyway.
  3. Woops you're right.
  4. His deal is really backloaded as well which is attractive for this year as he only makes 10 million. I wonder if the Pads would eat any salary.
  5. 5 years, 140 million which he would have laughed at.
  6. Yeah he would have been but I shouldn't have mentioned him as someone who would have came for basically free. Pomeranz isn't bad. Not sure we should have given up a decent reliever like Loup or something for him when we could just bring back Smoak.
  7. Other than Chris Davis there isn't jackshit on the FA market. Doesn't appear that there is much on the trade market either other than the likes of Alvarez, Yonder Alonso, etc. Bringing back Smoak is fine. He at least has an elite skill that can be used in a platoon or as a bench player.
  8. Prior to his lost 2015, Saunders put up 6 WAR in 359 games from 2012-2014. If he's even somewhat healthy he should be tendered.
  9. Rosario is garbage. As uninspiring as it is, we probably should just bring Smoak back unless there is some sort of trade to work out.
  10. Crasnick tweeting that the Jays are looking at Soria. Rosenthal tweeting that Revere and Saunders will be tendered.
  11. I think they probably will be too. They probably have more up their sleeve in addition to the moves already made. So while I don't really fear this Price-to-the-Sox signing, 2016 is a big year for the Jays so Price signing with them is bad news short term. Hopefully we can do enough this offseason to stay out in front of them.
  12. Long term deal aside, are the Sox going to be good next season?
  13. Rosenthal reporting opt out after 3 years.
  14. This isn't sexy but we now have 6 starters. I'd keep my eye on another one and push Chavez to a swing man role or sign a solid swing man and leave Chavez in the rotation. With 6 or 7 capable guys that should keep us in the hunt til the trade deadline at which point we could trade for a top of the rotation type. The AAV for Happ is low enough that we can still keep adding depth. I think this team is a clear favorite in the AL East but with an old team and no depth injuries could ravage us. The depth concerns are already getting cleared up and it isn't even December yet. Just keep hitting singles all offseason instead of going for the home run and I think we will be fine for this season and better off for the future.
  15. He's completely right. At every position other than OF (no coincidence this where we see everyone wanting to trade a pillar-revere-pompey type) do we even have a backup better than replacement level?
  16. I don't love the trade but I don't hate it. We lose some upside in Hendricks who could potentially be a cheap yet elite reliever for 4 years in order to add a much needed starting pitcher for 2016. Can Hendricks keep it going? I think he can probably do similar so it sucks to lose him. But not only did we need to add two starters in the offseason (which we have since done) but that was the minimum. We have very few upper minors guys who could come up and pitch in the big leagues. We need to add a s*** load of starting pitching. In no particular order I could see something like this for 2016: 1. Stroman 2. FA ??? 3. Estrada 4. Dickey 5. Chavez AAA- Hutchison And we probably need to add a couple more options.
  17. I could see Hutchison starting the year in AAA as our #6 SP now.
  18. Holy s***. Why doesn't he tell us how he really feels? lol
  19. Yeah he's a stud. But yet he won't sniff the Hall while an inferior player like Big Papi has a real chance.
  20. Damn, looks like it could be pretty serious. Screws in shoulder and everything.
  21. 3-4 win upgrade?
  22. Did anyone mention Rich Hill yet? Great signing by the A's for a mere one year and 6 million.
  23. Nope. We saw what he was worth at the trade deadline and it wasn't very much.
×
×
  • Create New...