Everyone be on your best behavior tonight. The Blue Jays Message Board cyber police are out in full force tonight. The Cyber Chief (Hurl) seems to be taking the night off too so his minions will only feel more empowered.
That's what I'm saying! In a season and a half Donaldson probably isn't that out-WAR'd that much by Conforto in his 5.5 seasons anyway. For a contender with a talented yet risky pitching staff and a hole at 3B with extra OFers they'd give him up IMO. I can't even remember the last time when a consensus top 5 player was dealt. This is the best player by far that could be had and it isn't even close. Contenders would lineup to add him. Even if you have a 3 WAR player at 3B Donaldson adds 4 WAR on top of it. Every contender will be interested in him and it will only drive up the price.
Gotcha. Well you might be right, maybe Donaldson doesn't net Conforto. But I think he would bring in a massive haul. And the Mets need a 3B and have extra OF. Conforto playing so well maybe puts a dent in that option but someone will pay through the nose for two postseason runs with Donaldson manning 3B. He could be the best player to hit the trade block in a long long time.
They got the #1 overall prospect in Moncada. He's equivalent to if not better than Benitendi. Donaldson has less years of control than Sale obvi but he's better than Sale. When was the last time a top 5 player in baseball was traded? Donaldson will bring a massive haul. Maybe not Conforto but he'll bring in some top prospects for sure.
I'm sure there is someone out there but Navarro isn't that bad. His pitch framing is slightly below average. His defense and bat aren't great but are playable. He's probably a fringe backup slightly better than replacement level but given what I've seen from Salty that's got to be worth at least a 1 WAR improvement.
Maybe they are making it more palatable for the fanbase to buy in to a complete fire sale at the deadline. A lot of those guys make no sense at all. We have better options in AAA.
Sad but true.
Plus he's got vetrin presents in whatever butt buddy status he has going on with Estrada. I also think he's funny and fits in the clubhouse well given some of his past hi-jinks. None of that really matters of course but when compared to Salty it's at least something.
I'd be all for that. Sign Navarro to the major league minimum and just let him catch Estrada. Navarro is better in every facet of the game compared to Salty. Hitting, defense, framing. Should have just brought him back to begin with.
This team is garbage. No depth at all. Russell Martin at 3B. Lol
We are going to get two hits off Wacha and with Latos and Lawrence (The Double L's as I like to call them) up next we are looking at 5-17.