Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Yeah I agree. The Giants GM knows what he's doing. Probably sees Sanchez as a high upside multi-inning reliever.
  2. So does Kevin Pillar sucks or is he actually kind of ok? 1.7 WAR for the Giants in 2019 and 1.1 in the shortened season last year. $5 Mil seems reasonable for a guy like that but twitter seems to think this deal is a joke.
  3. Terminator

    NHL Thread

    Thank you both for the answer to my question and the random factoid about NFL MVP awards.
  4. Kevin Pillar to the Mets. Looks like it's a 1 year 5M guarantee with some sort of way to get to 2 year 10 mil. I hadn't been keeping tabs on him since he left but he's actually been pretty good.
  5. Terminator

    NHL Thread

    I've got a question for you all. After Brady won his 7th Super Bowl he's getting a lot of greatest of all time in any sport talk. Seems like he and Jordan are the two names that come up most. I don't know s*** about hockey but Wayne Gretzky was every bit as good at hockey as Jordan was at basketball or as Brady is at football right?
  6. Grichuk is a good 4th OF for this team. He's expensive for that role but it will be nice to have a good bench player for once. Plus, if we traded him we'd have to eat some of his contract and then turn around and sign another 4th OF to be our backup CF. By the time we do all that we'll be creeping up on 10M spent anyway.
  7. The key words to my post were Avisail and Garcia. Fisher sucks but Garcia does too. Fisher has the platoon advantage so I could see him forcing his way into a decent share of ABs.
  8. He might actually get some decent playing time. Avisail Garcia is listed as their starting RF right now.
  9. And he'll settle in next to Dan Vogelbach on the bench. Brewers seem to have a thing for our mildly interesting castoffs.
  10. I thought we might be able to get a ham sandwich for him even though he's out of options and sure enough Atkins did. He's good enough to be on a major league roster.
  11. He was a frustrating player. Very good batted ball profile as well as sprint speed but weighed down by inexplicable defense.
  12. He looks pretty good there. Vlad Jr. is looking pretty good here too: Instagram WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM I think it's absolutely KEY that once spring training starts that we keep these two as far away from each other as possible. Abuela makes one round of comfort food for those two fatties and it's game over. All the gains they made this offseason are gone.
  13. That's why we just wait and trade for a rental ace to lead us to the promised land.
  14. I'm all for signing Walker or Odorizzi to one year deals but I don't think it's the end of the world if we don't. Steamer thinks Walker is worse than a lot of our other back of the rotation options like Stripling or Matz. We've also got tons of multi-inning options we can stack that could provide better value than those two. I suppose Odorizzi could be intriguing bc he's not far removed from a 4 WAR season. It's more about adding depth IMO and if that's the case I wouldn't mind if we simply signed someone cheaper like Porcello or even went dumpster diving and signed Brett Anderson, Shoemaker or Rich Hill who might sign minor league deals. Maybe that would even allow for a Rosenthal signing which could prove to be a pretty nifty move.
  15. Yeah I'm not sure that a guy like Walker makes much of a difference compared to a trade deadline acquisition.
  16. The 2006 offseason was a fun one too. Burnett, Glaus and BJ Ryan were big additions.
  17. Your predictions have been pretty accurate. You got Panik right and Phelps instead of Wilson. Now on to the SP.
  18. Buntoyo makes us watch him more than we should have to as well. He was using him like he's Ben Zobrist or something last year.
  19. Only a minor league deal but he probably makes the team as our backup infielder. I was hoping for better but they must not have liked the prices on Marwin and Miller.
  20. We need 40 man spots anyway so dumping Reese for a low level lotto ticket sounds good to me. Surely someone could use him. If I was the GM of a s*** team I'd probably be calling the Jays about him and Fisher.
  21. He's talking about that chart having us projected to have the same exact record but their win percentage is higher. I appreciate the breakdown of the Braves though. Saves me a trip to Roster Resource.
  22. Yeah I think Biggio is smart enough to make adjustments. It is a little concerning though because he's already a .235 to .250ish hitter as is. If that craters due to a drop in homers his bat gets pretty pedestrian pretty quickly.
×
×
  • Create New...