Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Man, an 8-20 start is ROUGH.
  2. Yeah that's fair that's why I'm leaving room for something like that actually occurring and if that's the case then I can see where the Jays are coming from. But as I said before, I'm skeptical. Also, I've witnessed you committing "sexual misconduct" on this board multiple times before so I'm not sure you should be pointing the finger bud.
  3. This is a pretty slippery slope! Just off the top of my head Kelly Gruber has had quite the colorful past. He's disinvited. Ricky Henderson has been accused of violence against females. He's out too. Paul Molitor did a bunch of coke during his career and cheated on his wife and had a couple of love children. Not sure if he should get the invite. If one went through all of the players I bet you could find dirt on almost half of them. Heck, why stop at baseball. Kyle Lowry was arrested and charged with battery against a female referee in a charity basketball game. That's pretty f***ed up lol. The Raptors knowingly employ him to this day. Should they cut him? At the minimum they should disinvite him in 2 years when they have the championship reunion right?
  4. I've basically agreed with everything you've said so far. We don't really know what he did so it's hard to judge one way or the other. I don't know that I'm willing to give the team or MLB the benefit of the doubt though. Especially after the All Star game ********. I also think it's really rich for the team and MLB to pull this now when everyone knows who Alomar is. Dude has had scandals and a poor reputation chasing him for years but this current regime employed him for 5+ years anyway. I'm actually amazed it took this long for something to happen. Without knowing what happened exactly (without any criminal charges my guess is it isn't anything worse than the other things he's done or been accused of doing before) the best move, IMO, would have been to just let him go but keep his name on the Level of Excellence. Yes, they can have the reunion but he's the only HoFer we have and he had some huge hits, perhaps the biggest in franchise history. It's sort of like having a Rolling Stones concert without Mick Jagger. You could do it but it'd be stupid. And yeah, they can't literally erase him from history because it's impossible. But if they had a time machine I wouldn't put it past them.
  5. So the 30 year reunion of the back to back WS championships is coming up soon. Should we cancel the team reunion and celebrations because one of the key players is a pig?
  6. Imagine employing a known scumbag with numerous on and off field scandals. Then imagine employing him for 6+ years and then he does another scumbag thing and you feign shock and outrage and cancel him from franchise history. I can't believe you delicate flowers are actually sticking up for the Jays brass here.
  7. What Luis Rivera did right there was more egregious than anything Roberto Alomar has done to this franchise. Cancel Rivera please.
  8. Can we leave Alomar on the Level of Excellence but just put an asterisk next to his name?
  9. That’s not great! Shapiro is doing a fine job but if he’s got any blind spots it’s that he gives absolutely zero shits about franchise history.
  10. Is Shapiro going to ask Cooperstown to remove the Jays hat from Alomar's Hall of Fame plaque too?
  11. Vlad Jr. will probably go into the Hall of Fame as a Yankee.
  12. Short of him being charged with a crime, removing him from the Level of Excellence and taking his banner down is over doing it. And Sexual Misconduct is an extremely broad term. That could be anything from an ill-advised joke to something criminal.
  13. Seems like they are trying to get Biggio more time in the OF. If that's the case I could see Panik playing more than we'd like against righties with Biggio kicked out to the OF. If that's the case we'd need Espinal on the bench more than Davis.
  14. As far as Springer goes I hope they are just being cautious and that it's not a setback. If he's not 100% give him another week if he needs no sense in rushing it and risking re-injury. But I don't like the sound of this. It sounded like he was playing full intrasquad games last week. Then they were talking about him playing this past weekend, then DH'ing today, and then all the sudden he's not ready. It just doesn't vibe but hopefully it's nothing.
  15. Biggio playing more and more in RF. When Springer comes back surely he'll be back to 3B but until then it looks like Panik might become a strong side platoon player.
  16. It's an 18 player keeper league. He really needs SP and he's a Giants fan so I might try and sweeten the pot with both Aaron Sanchez and Alex Wood and see if I can get an OF back from him.
  17. 14 team league. I got offered Gleyber Torres for Austin Meadows. If I do this I'll have to expand the deal somewhat so I might come back to that but before I explore this any further I'm wondering if this base deal is good value. Torres' statcast page is pretty scary.
  18. The dude is straight up ass cheeks! His career wRC+ is a full 5 points lower than JP Arencibia's. 73 vs. 78. Option him and make Kirk the full time starter I can't take it anymore.
  19. Watch them get 5 WAR out of Alex Wood, DeScalfani and Sanchez this year before flipping them for prospects at the deadline.
  20. Sanchez' pitch mix is drastically different. He's cut his fastball usage in half and is throwing way more curveballs and sinkers. His fastball was always his worst pitch but like others have said I'm not sure that he can keep this up at this reduced velocity. I also remember that with the Jays it seemed like his curveball would cause him to break a nail. That could be something to watch out for as well.
  21. Wow that's a tough one. I think it's pretty fair either way depending on team needs.
×
×
  • Create New...