Yeah I’d give Roden and Wagner more rope but you're right to start scrutinizing them.
The margins between the various Buffalo Boys were razor-thin to start the year. I think we chose the guys with the best projections, but if one hits his 60th percentile and another hits his 45th, the former’s better. That's how close they are.
By the end of April we might want to consider the following:
Clase is obviously getting some BABIP luck but his BB/K rates are MUCH improved and he’s an 80-grade runner. No power upside but could be a fine bottom of the order option.
Barger’s got big raw power and has been playing playing the infield more than OF this year. I hated his defense last year but he can't be any worse than Wagner.
Stefanic is a righty infield option with an elite hit tool that has been playing SS.
Then add in Varsho returning and you've got 4 options to replace Roden, Wagner, Lukes and Schneider. The clocks ticking for these guys! Better start hittin' or you can pack your bags for Buffalo!