Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I was thinking about this the other day...wouldn't a healthy Santander essentially replace Bo's offensive production? We have a good offense right now and that's while getting nothing from Tony Taters. They are different types of hitters, but even if we get the 2022/23 version of him, he should replace a lot of Bo's offense alone. I would acknowledge there's a risk there, but it would allow them to focus most of their budget towards the rotation, which seems like the biggest need this offseason. I'm not suggesting we punt offense altogether, but I think the big splashes need to be on the pitching side myself. I think this is lining up to be a good position for the Jays, given the volume of quality starters hitting the FA market this offseason (as you noted).
  2. It's almost like the team has all that information on him and is adjusting when and how frequently he's used based on that information. How shocking.
  3. As a follow up - it was savant who ran the story and you know they have the stats to back it up. He may have holes in his swing and he may not be a perennial MVP candidate, but he can go get it in CF. https://www.mlb.com/news/pete-crow-armstrong-is-already-breaking-records-on-defense
  4. Some stories are starting to circulate asking if PCA is having the best defensive season for an OFer in ML history. I believe his DRS is at 19 right now, where as KK ended 2015 with 38 (a ML record - although I'm not sure they can apply that stat to historical seasons before that stat existed...) Top notch CF defense is simply incredible to watch. We're lucky to have had KK and Varsho recently. Also - Fangraphs turns 20 years old today, which is pretty cool. It's a Top 5 website for me personally.
  5. I think the issue is that Brown doesn't throw with the hybrid windup. His full windup starts facing the batter (and not in a set position). Therefore he doesn't need to declare with a runner on 3rd and therefore the umps got it correct and everyone involve on Boston (Cora, 3rd base coach and the runner on 3rd) need to learn the rules (as I also needed to do).
  6. Is this what Wyatt Langford is? No real advancement/improvements this year. 109 wRC+ in almost 1000 career PA's now. He's still young (this is his age 23 season), but I expected him to develop into a star player (potentially a superstar).
  7. It's kinda fun to go back and read through some of the old iconic threads like this. See what you and others were thinking about 5+ years ago. Maybe that should be something we do more often? Like once a month, bring back a really old active thread and mock each other about all the stupid stuff we used to say.
  8. That makes more sense to me. Thanks for clarifying. I wonder if there's debate if Hunter Brown throws from the set with a windup or not. Maybe that's why they determined it wasn't a balk? Just a guess
  9. Oh that's my bad. I wasn't even watching the game. I get sick of the GDT only knobs that infect those threads with their overreactions and doomsday nonsense. I do hope John doesn't allow Max to call the shots, but I do respect the dog in Scherzer to ask for it. He's certainly earned that right over his career and has been incredibly good as of lately. As a baseball fan, it's been so amazing to watch him in a Jays jersey, shoving like he's 28 again. And you know me, overly protective of the FO and management. Sorry it caused a fight.
  10. Yes. I think he 100% would have gone to get Max if he retired Shaw.
  11. How awesome is it to see Scherzer shoving? Incredible.
  12. If you want to make baseless claims, provide your proof donkey.
  13. That's what I'm talking about. Vlad is en fuego!
  14. 7 IP, 4 hits allowed, 1 ER mAYbE hE SHouLd bEE a cLOseR
  15. I mean - Bo was never shredded and was often considered pudgy when he first came up. Vlad's improved his body since he ballooned into a whale in 2020, but he's still thicker than you'd want him to be - but I do get your point.
  16. I expect someone will pay Bo to play 2nd base next year. He's a very valuable hitter and I would expect he's at least average defensively at 2nd.
  17. I love how the first paragraph talks about a powerful curveball and then he goes on to talk about his pitch arsenal, which doesn't include a curveball. Seems a little fishy...
  18. I wonder why they didn't deem it a balk then? Maybe they didn't ask him to declare (and everyone forgot) and thus they felt they couldn't award a balk because they forgot?
  19. FFS - I was just clarifying the original question, which asked where the line is. Perhaps the line is Ohtani and nobody else? Do you think Vlad is banned from baseball if he did what Ohtani did? Or would the owners save Vlad from the FBI too? Soto? Skenes? Judge?
  20. Jomboy Media (@jomboymedia) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM I assume it is now a rule that you have to declare if you're throwing from the windup or stretch with a runner on 3rd? I'm not sure I was aware of that. I think it's odd personality.
  21. Aaron Rose (@aaronbenrose) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 4,376 likes, 84 comments - aaronbenrose on August 13, 2025: "The #BlueJays have been DOMINANT at home this season... I've seen these before. I'm not surprised the Jays have one. I assume most teams do (all teams do?) I guess it makes sense visiting teams don't get one. I don't think it's the primary reason the Jays aren't as good on the road as this guy suggests. I wonder how valuable they really are!
×
×
  • Create New...