Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,076
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. There's a chance that Kerry Carpenter develops into one of the best hitters in the AL over the next 3 years. He's a stud. I think he takes a big step forward next year.
  2. Great play by Suarez
  3. Holy sh*t!!! What a game. That was crushed. A no doubter. Unreal!!!
  4. Good call. We'll see how this plays out. What a start by Baez!
  5. Here we go. What will Seattle do?
  6. Do they have the depth in the pen to pull him this early? It's risky IMO.
  7. I can't believe they are talking about pulling him personally. Both these guys are absolutely shoving. It's incredible to watch. Hope the Tigers can scratch a couple across and take it - but right now, it's just great baseball.
  8. Eugenio Suárez has had a very good, yet underrated career. Not many players have multiple 49 HR seasons. He still strikes out too much, and he's a little more counting stats over advanced metrics, but outside of 2021, he's been a really consistent player. 3.5 to 4 WAR annually.
  9. I like Orion - I hope this doesn't impact him moving forward. He's human.
  10. I'm aware. It just REALLY seems unlikely the Jays would ever pull Lauer because he's reached his pitch count. It's much more likely he is pulled based on matchups and # of times through the order. Even if Lauer was still "stretched out" and could throw 80-90 pitches - there's literally no chance the Jays would let him do that in the playoffs. The only way they would if if we were down 10 runs and they just need him to soak up innings. I still think if that were the case, he could give you 50-60 pitches again - he'd just be down for 4 days.
  11. I'd never heard those - that's cool, thanks for sharing. But I mean - most people don't need much to hate the Yankees
  12. They said he would have been on the roster if we played the Red Sox - so it's not like the Jays have given up on him at all. I love Max and would love NOTHING more than to see him throw meaningful innings in the next 2 series...
  13. I'm not so sure I agree with this. I suspect he could throw 5 innings if you let him. I think the reason he's being used in much shorter stints is simply because the Jays don't think he'll be effective for 4-5 innings. They only let Bieber go 2 2/3rd. I'd be shocked if they give Bassitt goes more than 4 innings, even if he's pitching well. I think it's a philosophy. Of course I could be wrong, but I don't think he's being pulled because he's out of gas and can't give you more innings because he isn't stretched out. I'm almost sure that's true.
  14. Jays24 has a point. While few claimed he would be the Game 1 starter, but most of us saw him as a playoff starter and one of our Top 3 options. It is wild how he went from that to off the roster in 6 weeks. Too bad really.
  15. IF Bo returns, I think it will be Bruihl for Bo and Nance for Bassitt. The last 2 roster spots comes down to Scherzer, Tony and IKF (I think Straw is safe). Do you give up a power bat or a late inning defensive replacement to carry Scherzer - who's probably the last reliver you'd use? I guess we'll find out soon. I'm actually doubtful that Bo returns, so I think the decision is Max v. Nance. I'd probably rather lose a game with Scherzer pitching than Nance, so Max is my pick. But the Jays have really advanced systems that they will use to calculate who has the best chance to succeed v. whomever team they face. That's going to play a big factor in this whether people like that or not.
  16. He's just making that up and has no idea what's wrong with Max - so don't get too excited.
  17. 3rd: Barger, Clement SS: Gimenez, Clement 2nd: Clement, Schneider 1st: Vlad, Clement, Tony? I think that's plenty of depth myself. They either lose a swing hitting power bat in Tony, or they lose a late inning defensive replacement option in IKF. They could also replace Bruihl for Bo and Nance for Bassitt - keeping both Tony and IKF, while rolling with 1 less bullpen arm.
  18. IT'S TIME TO GIVE JOHN SCHNEIDER AND THIS FO SOME F*CKING RESPECT BOYS.
  19. F*cking light it up boys. This team is SO much fun. How can you not be so happy for guys like Clement and Lukes who carved out major roles so late in their careers. It's so heartwarming.
  20. Let's go boys! What a series. Really, this was utter domination. This team is built different. Bring on Detroit or Seattle - we're ready for them! Enjoy the night boys. Despite all the bickering - I do love this board. We deserve this!
  21. It will take either Trey or Gaus much longer to get ready...
×
×
  • Create New...