Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,079
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. stat-scouting - Carlos Vargas is an interesting prospect. High BB%, low K%. His numbers were dragged down by a low BABIP last year.
  2. Have to speculate whether they were both on PED's and stopped taking that risk as soon as the cashed in.
  3. Here's some more from that chat: A. Reitz 12:51 Explain to me please how Cargo has no trade value...would love to hear you back that up. Since 2010 he's been one of the best offensive OF's in baseball. Steamer projects another 30+ HR's this year w/ a wOBA of 360. Putting him 6th among all OF's. Go ahead... Dave Cameron 12:52 Park effects are a thing. Gonzalez's three year wRC+ numbers: 83, 114, 108. He's not that much better of a hitter than Mark Trumbo at this point, and you can see how much interest Trumbo is generating as a free agent. Craner 12:31 Toronto radio says that Vlad Jr was the start to a Cutch deal. Would you make that move? Dave Cameron 12:31 The Pirates aren't trading McCutchen for a guy who is six years from the big leagues. afnj 12:40 I've been a Jays season ticket holder since 2008. This offseason is making me want to abandon ship through their poor decisions. Would you say it's time for Jays fans to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside? Dave Cameron 12:41 I don't love the Morales signing, but they actually got lucky that Encarnacion turned them down; that deal wasn't going to turn out well. If they end up with Bautista on a discount, they'll be better off. NatsFan 12:04 Two questions: 1) Are the Nats the best possible fit for Chris Coghlan? (Lefthanded insurance for Werth and Zimmerman while also being middle infield depth) 2) Is this the first time you've thought about Chris Coghlan this offseason? Dave Cameron 12:04 I think Seth Smith was the best fit, but Brandon Moss would work too. Not sure you want Coghlan playing 2B much anymore. And yes, I had forgotten he existed until 15 seconds ago.
  4. Holy f*** that's phenomenal.
  5. I tend to agree that the WBC is a waste of time...however, I was at the Canada / USA game at the dome in 2009 and it was phenomenal. I still can't believe Canada didn't finish that comeback though. That was the day I fell in love with Joey Votto... I think the biggest issue now is a lot of the top players are declining the invite. And BTW - who's the powerhouse again? Japan? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Baseball_Classic
  6. I actually read some of the comments you got off reddit and they weren't nearly as bad as I expected.
  7. Sounds like Sanchez may pitch for Mexico in the WBC. He had Taco Bell last week.
  8. I'm game for your plan - except the part where you said Chris Carter is a fallback option... I even think you could add Valbeuna to your plan to complete it. Jose, Pagan, Valbeuna and a couple relievers would complete this offseason....although part of me thinks I'd rather just give Pompey a shot instead of Pagan...
  9. Edmonds is about 10 more WAR than Vlady in about the same # of years. He couldn't even get 5% of the votes... It's kind of funny that Vlady doesn't qualify if you look at advanced metrics - yet he didn't reach many (any?) of the traditional milestones either (500 hr, 200 sb). He had a very strong slash line and obviously was a very good hitter, but he seems to be a product of marketing created by the " Sportcenter highlights" era. He did spectacular things on the baseball field, which would get plastered all over Sportscenter and people would assume he's something he really wasn't. Cespedes might get a little of that these days.
  10. It's amazing how Vlady was/is known as a 5 tool player....yet he was a poor base runner and terrible defender essentially throughout his entire career. He's probably one of the most misconceived players of this past generation. He might be one of the last players to be widely considered a Superstar / HOF player despite what advanced metrics suggested. Brian Giles was basically the same player as Vlady. Larry Walker was a better hitter, better base runner, better defender.
  11. You could probably get Jason Hammel for like 1 year $8M right now. He's projected to provide 1.3 WAR more than Moss is...
  12. Agreed. I love that Bags is getting in. Vlad is on the cusp too. I expected Vlad would get in, but it's crazy to see him getting in on his first try when a superior player like Jim Edmonds got booted off the ballot in his first year and guys like Bonds, Clemens, Schilling and Manny aren't getting enough love to get in. I forgot how stupid this voting really is.
  13. There was some spreadsheet showing the current status going around. It never worked when I opened it and now I've lost interest. Can someone post a link that works?
  14. in 68 PA's. wRC+ of 140 in 332 in AA - I settled on about 145 combined His walk rate spiked last year. He needs to continue that trend and control his K%, but the kid has a bright future. No idea if he's worth Stro straight up, but he's the type of OFer I'd like to get if we're moving Stro....a building block with tons of control. Conforto fits the bill as well.
  15. Got tickets for Jays at Twins and will catch a TB home game while I'm down in FL in early March.
  16. meh - 5 tool prospect, top 10 overall pick, entering his 23 year old season. .963 OPS and a wRC+ around 145 in AA/AAA last year. It's not like there's nothing to like.
  17. The citizenship lines for the WBC are seemingly a joke. I suspect Freeman qualified because he ate some Canadian bacon for breakfast last week.
  18. Our OF is just as bad and there's no help in sight. We should have snagged Ivan Nova when we had the chance.
  19. That's the type of guy I'd consider moving Stro for...although I'd prefer to keep Stro personally.
  20. I kinda hope it's both. Valbuena is the small signing and Blackmon or Puig is the big trade
  21. But what about those scouts who reported the ball "sounds" different coming off his bat?
  22. DH? The only thing he did last year well was play defense!
×
×
  • Create New...