Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,082
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Maybe she takes it in the bum.
  2. You guys are cruel. It's not like Madbum's very good looking either. http://40.media.tumblr.com/5003232134abeff95bbdfb2d658e6efe/tumblr_ng96firP9j1tk1vhyo1_400.jpg
  3. I hope Goose Gossage bought his own AED machine.
  4. Wladimir...WHAT a first inning. Wildest inning since 7th inning Game 5 2015
  5. Holy f***...Yadi.
  6. I suspect your calcs are off, but this puts Trout's 10+ WAR seasons and Babe Ruth's 15 WAR season into perspective a bit...
  7. That s*** is everywhere. I sat behind a guy in Spring Training who was telling his buddy that Goins was a good hitter and complaining the Jays didn't bring in anyone to replace Smoak at 1st base. At least at home I can mute Buck and Tabby!!!
  8. Priorities people....Is Barney OK?
  9. I have no problem with a fringe hitter trying to become more versatile. God knows we all used to rip on guys like Goins because they couldn't lay down a sac bunt.
  10. Records indicate the City of Chicago paid $18.8M in overtime pay as a result of the Cubs world series run. Wow
  11. WARNING: re-watching the Gurriel home run may generate sem to full boner.
  12. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/alan-zinter-on-swing-planes-launch-positions-and-tutoring-young-padres/ I enjoyed this article. You might too.
  13. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-mariners-had-to-love-what-they-just-saw/ Fangraphs is clearly trolling our site and stealing my material!!!
  14. I have stock in Rogers - blackouts for all!!!
  15. I think that woman is gorgeous.
  16. Appreciate the info/feedback. I've always been curious about what premium I pay to watch TV the way I always have. Sounds like it's $25-$40 - which I can justify (mainly because I could figure out how this all works, but teaching the wife would be hell on earth. The kids would be fine I suspect).
  17. Cameron's also made a lot more money than Pompey.
  18. Yeah I phone and complain I'm paying too much about once a year....although I will note that Rogers actually calls me from time to time to see if they can adjust my service and if there's any offers out there that would lower my bills. I think if I remove the home phone, I'm down to about $140 a month - which isn't far off what you're suggesting. What I was really trying to gather is should I make the leap to eliminate cable altogether and stream my TV off the internet like you youngsters. Based on fatcow's breakdown - it looks like I could save some money - but not a significant amount (I was thinking I'd be able to save $60+ a month).
  19. Interesting. When you say you get "sports" through IPTV - what sports? I mean in addition to baseball, I want to watch the NBA, NFL + golf (could do without NHL, soccer, etc.). Under your setup, would I have to get additional sports packages? If so, it's getting a lot closer to a wash (all while I get all channels in HD).
  20. I'm going to ask some dumb dinosaur questions... If you're streaming sports off the internet - do you get it in HD? (I'm assuming Sportsnet NOW and MLB TV both are). I think I pay like $180 a month (taxes incl.). I don't have unlimited internet, but I have 2 young kids and a wife who doesn't have a data on her phone (uses our wifi) and I don't go over monthly. I also have HD/PRV with the VIP package and get damn near ever channel except the movie channels. Finally, in true dinosaur style - we still have a home phone with unlimited long distance calling. I'm trying to convince the wife to dump the home phone (which is like $35-$40 a month I think). Obviously I could get Netflix for $10/month, which would cover most of the sitcoms we watch (+ add some movies), but I can't imagine watching sports in regular def - or having it buffer and lag. I'd go insane. I'd also have to pay more for internet to go to unlimited. I also watch a ton of Food and HGTV shows when I'm just vegging and killing time. No idea if those shows are on Netflix - I assume they are. Anyone want to guess how much $ I'm wasting per month? I kind of thought if I dump the home phone, the bill is down to $140 a month. Unlimited internet might cost $75? Netflix's for $10/month + something like MLB TV or the NFL package for $30/month is like $115.....am I in the ballpark? It's costing me like $25-$30/month to simply watch TV the way I always have? A buck a day?
  21. touché KingKat - touché
  22. Oh yes...couple more DBack pitchers. Either they discovered something major or their guns are hot. Not sure what that says for Zack Grienke though - as his velo is down 0.6 this spring. Ray was throwing 95 at the end of last year...he was just another DBack starter who's velo was up. I'm torn on Mike Minor....always liked the guy and I'd love to root for him making a full comeback - but I hate KC, so screw him for now.
  23. I'm not far into the list, but either the guns are hot in the DBacks camp, or they have to be pleased to see Banda and Bradley throwing 2-3 MHP harder this spring! Edit - Corbin and Robby Ray also throwing harder. Hot gun I'd assume. We really need to trade for Corbin though...C'mon Shatkins
  24. Pompey is out with a concussion. That sucks.
  25. Not that it matters, but a report is out that police have concluded Jose Fernandez was behind the wheel when the boat crashed. Traveling at 65 MPH
×
×
  • Create New...