Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,082
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. It might not just be for a month...
  2. What's Alford's best case scenario? Mike Cameron? (looks up Mike Cameron on Fangraphs) Man - Mike Cameron was underrated!
  3. Goes to show you how much the stock of Glasnow and Hutch have fallen... Edit - Williams posted a smooth 7.82 ERA last year. Trevor Williams was drafted in the second round by the Marlins in 2013, in one of the weirder trades in recent history. He was traded for Richard Mitchell, which seemed pretty uneven given Williams' proximity to the majors and his draft pedigree. It turns out that the trade was actually partially compensation for the Marlins added special assistant Jim Benedict to their front office from Pittsburgh.
  4. It appears the Kremlin have removed that from the internet...
  5. Good god that's hilarious pre-Clinton.
  6. I love how he ignores the fake rubber they put in at the front of the mound. Goes right to the top like the big boys!
  7. Matt Boyd makes the Tigers rotation. 21/0 K/BB ratio this spring in 21 innings.
  8. I think the depth we have in the pen is going to be a strength. The more quality arms you have the more likely a couple of them will catch lightning in a bottle. Given how volatile bullpens are - I think that's a good approach.
  9. That's great news. But F you for sending me to a link with a video of Arash and Wilner!
  10. How hard is Loup throwing this spring? Man it's hard not to cringe when I hear his name.
  11. Excellent cherry picking there BB. You pick 4 years to ensure you get Upton's god awful years in Atlanta and so you can capture the 138 wRC+ vs. RHP that Smoak posted in 2013 (his wRC+ is <100 vs. RHP if you only go back 3 years...). What Smoak (and Upton) did in 2013 is completely irrelevant. Upton's wRC+ vs. RHP was 101 in 2015 and Smoak's was 99 last year....see how easy this is!
  12. Trump couldn't be any worse than 50 Cent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FHj53QBHY
  13. pfff. Can he do this? http://i.imgur.com/nkWpjJl.gif
  14. Fair enough. Finding the right swing coach might also do the trick. Obviously he shouldn't listen to the coach who told him to lose 30lbs and to start looking like a vampire.
  15. Do you want welfare to pay for Lawrie's hitting coach right now???
  16. Fair enough. All I'm saying is he should be working with a swing coach to change his swing path. He clearly is a very athletic, talented, hard working guy. Hitting is clearly his biggest flaw right now and he's still young enough to make changes and enjoy a successful career. There are numerous stories out there of guys who making fundamental changes to their swing and completely turn their careers around (Donaldson, Zobrist, JD Martinez, Marlon Byrd, etc.). I acknowledge that even with a big swing overhaul, he still may fail - but for someone with that talent, it's worth a try....unless of course he wants to prioritize himself and his family and pursue his career as a full time douche bag who parades his life on twitter because he craves attention.
  17. wRC+ of 113 with the Cubs last year (although he looked like Ryan Goins while with the A's). 114 in 2015 and 126 in 2014.
  18. Coghlan released by the Phillies. I think he's superior to Zeke.
  19. Forgive those who of us who criticize athletes with all the god given talent in the world to play the sports we love at the highest level - yet can't focus/adjust/mature enough to recognize their opportunities. I think its natural to have a little jealousy. One might argue that Brett's always prioritized himself, which may explain why he is currently unemployed.
  20. He also sounds exactly like the type of guy who gets plastered and zips around at 3am on the highway in his GTR. Can I criticize him because he's Canadian? He needs to work with a swing coach to eliminate his hitch and start getting the ball in the air more. That should be his #1 priority in life right now.
  21. Hey look at me guys - I want attention!!!!! douche.
  22. McGee's knee is healed and he's back throwing smoke again in COL. Expect a nice bounce back for him. Hit the gym Latos - we may need you at some point. Prove everyone wrong.
  23. Most arousal never is Boxy...
  24. I'm with you on this one. I think the issue is a lot of Blue Jay fans are sick of watching people strikeout (Smoak, Upton, Martin, etc.) and feel adding guys who make more contact would help balance the offense - especially come playoff time. I think Upton's awful play after coming to TO last year has also left fans with a bitter taste in their mouth. If you remove all bias - Pagan isn't a lot better than Upton. Between that and the possible emergence of Tellez - I think Shatkins is relatively comfortable where they sit today. If they can add Pagan on the cheap, then great - dump Zeke, if not - oh well.
  25. C'mon Boxy. I'm at work and now can't move from my desk for a few minutes you bastard!
×
×
  • Create New...