Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,084
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Why did Zeke stop running there?
  2. I don't pretend to have enough information to debate this, but most people would point to the reality that many criminals who are let back into society become repeat offenders (whether that's because of the situation we put them in - or simply because they are a moronic POS who don't deserve to be part of society). What % become repeat offenders? I don't know, but what % is too much? If there are 100 registered sex offenders and only 15% repeat - that's 15 more kids that are molested by some f***ing wacko. IMO, that's 15 more than we should ever allow....especially when the "upside" is to simply let 85 registered sex offenders back into society... I'd say about 2 years ago now, a registered child molester, who's been convinced multiple times, who apparently said in court that if set free that he would molest again, was relocated from Saskatchewan to rural Ontario - some 15-20 minutes from my house. It's f***ing scary and creepy.
  3. Can you imagine the locker room s*** that Heimlich is going to have to put up with (and rightfully so).
  4. Not a fan of this new Fangraph front page layout.
  5. What he did last year is exactly what they should have expected.
  6. Interesting article geared around what Pillar is doing differently this year. Apparently he reads Fangraphs too. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/another-way-to-lift-the-ball-better/ “To be honest, you’ll talk to other people in here and they’ll make a conscious effort to think about their launch angle. I’m just trying to hit the ball hard,” he said. “FanGraphs is the reason I wanted to make a lot of changes.” “I went on and did some homework on myself, and I realized that I was in the top 20 or whatever last year for hard-hit balls, but I was also fourth in the league in soft contact,” Pillar continued. “That led me to think. A lot of that had to do with swinging at pitches outside of the strike zone.”
  7. A pro athlete cheating on his fiance and then trying to hide it? Colour me surprised!
  8. At some point we should expect pitchers to make another adjustment against Smoak and his new approach (just as pitchers are against Judge, who's K% continues to rise). We'll see if he can counter that.
  9. Good question. I wonder if the FO went to him with suggestions on a new approach - or set him up with someone different to help change his approach (which is something you'd do in the offseason). Do they do things like that? or it that type of thing all up to the player? Maybe they just went to him and said they were going to cut him lose unless he made improvements. I'd love to know.
  10. This seems really odd to me for a few reasons. 1. I always assumed he was simply unable to hit curveballs (ala C.Rasmus) because clearly over the past 2 years, he should have been sitting curveball with 2 strikes (adjusting to the fastball). I would have guessed he was simply trying to be more aggressive early when he got the fastball....trying to avoid getting down in the count where they can bury him with curve balls he can't hit; and 2. I suspect it's incredibly hard to sit curveball and "adjust" to the fastball - especially given how much harder pitchers throw these days. I'd expect if this was his approach that we'd see him late on the FB quite a bit. Can't say I've noticed that. Regardless - Just keep doing what you're doing Smoak.
  11. I'm watching Jays in 30. Coghlan can't play LF ever again. Awful. Also - I love watching Rajai Davis run. So exciting, even at his age.
  12. Dick Pole for the win!
  13. Can you not counter sue someone if its proven they falsely accused you of something? I completely agree there needs to be serious consequences for those spreading false claims of this kind.
  14. http://i.imgur.com/j8vhuts.gif
  15. I don't see anything wrong with her picture... http://i.imgur.com/u9LeeDZ.gif
  16. Remember when Derek Norris could hit?
  17. Tossing the salad. Atta boy.
  18. Zeke being Zeke. He sees nothing.
  19. Not going to lie - I want one of those Grilli aprons...I'll always remember the energy and quality innings he provided for a few months last year. Awesome guy.
  20. That is super weird to watch.
  21. .gif of the year material right there
  22. Chad Green looks filthy.
  23. Isn't that Travis in your avatar? (On phone, small pic) ignore of its not
  24. I don't know - but you need another avatar now.
×
×
  • Create New...