Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,085
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I completely agree. I attended 2 playoff games in 2015 and 2 more in 2016 (including the EE walk off wild card game + a game with my 6 year old son that I'll never forget). I got to be a 12 year old kid again (in a 35 year old man's body) and the winning helped ingrain the love for Blue Jays baseball into my son's soul. I wouldn't trade those experiences for the world.
  2. Even better - stupid Score.
  3. My score app says he's an impeding FA?
  4. Steven Vogt will be DFA's by the A's. He would be a nice upgrade over Maile.
  5. If you look at the current game numbers, it provides an updates on his season numbers right below it. That's what I was looking at when making my very accurate observation
  6. That is one awful lineup. Excited to see what DSJ can do though.
  7. I'm sure that has nothing to do with his attempt to finish the season with the highest FB% in MLB history...
  8. JD - that was an absolute cannon across the diamond...what a boss.
  9. Actually Pearce hit better than Jose last year and as of right now has been better than Jose this year.
  10. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/eric-thames-hasnt-been-awesome/ League has caught up to Thames. High heat...no more offspeed. Your turn to adjust Eric.
  11. If Pearce continues to hit (like he did last year) I think he should bat leadoff...at least until Jose shows signs of hitting again.
  12. Thanks Term. What can he be offensively? I like his swing, he's athletic, bit of speed, bit of pop and good plate discipline. It's a quality package.
  13. What's the word on DSJ's defense? He's played some CF in the past (and will be tonight), but I suspect he doesn't have the chops to play there regularly. But based on the fact he can play some CF, is he above average in LF? Does he have the arm to play RF? He's an interesting little player and a guy I'm rooting for. I'd like to see what he could do on a regular basis. Is there a chance he could be a 115 wRC+ hitter with plus defense and base running in LF moving forward?
  14. http://i.imgur.com/4szAOts.gif
  15. IMO - it's about maximizing value. His value has nowhere to go but down. I'd certainly be seeing what I could get for him. Osuna too if I'm being honest. Fans would lose their minds though.
  16. I was looking at him the other day on Fangraphs. That bubble is going to burst harder than an amateur who wins a night with a pornstar.
  17. I fully expect to see Saunders join Lawrie on the all-canadian ketchup chip party wagon soon.
  18. Actually looks like he might post a positive WAR this year...dispite some truly awful baserunning.
  19. Looks like he made a conscious decision to change direction to create contact - never sliding - instead leading with his knees. That looks pretty dirty IMO. Maybe it all happens so fast that it's a reaction thing. I just don't get why he thought to move from the outside of the baseline to the inside of the baseline (something you rarely do - only when the catch has to move up the line to catch the ball).
  20. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/anthony-rizzo-clearly-violated-the-posey-rule/ There are some good slow-mo gif's in that story. There is absolutely no debate. Rizzo violated the rules and it was a dirty play (he changes direction to then drive both his knees into Hedges while completely avoiding the plate - and the baseline if keggy is reading). I'm not 100% sure what the ruling on that s*** is though. Would he simply have been called out if he was ruled safe on the field? or should he have been kicked out of the game? subject to suspension for intent to injure?
  21. +1. Remember when people though Jose would come in angry and torch the league?
  22. ahhhh - might as well leave Pillar there if that's your solution to the problem.
  23. I'm just curious. Vlad Sr. seemingly gave zero f***s about learning the language, which irks me for some reason.
×
×
  • Create New...