Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,072
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Little has actually been "good' since he returned July 20th. 2.37 ERA | 2.81 xERA | 3.68 FIP | 3.10 xFIP - even with an inflated 0.375 BABIP 14+ K/9 Walks are still a massive concern and nobody in their right mind "trusts" him yet, but you simply don't DFA Little until he's out of options. This team CLEARLY targets pitchers with great stuff, but control issues. They must believe they can help "fix" the control issues. They won't always be successful - some will fail, but you don't give up on these types of arms until you absolutely have to. It's how you discover the next José Alvarado.
  2. Is it? The guy above me said "about time" and several other people have questioned why this decision took so long.
  3. As crazy as this seems, Sanchez still leads the Blue Jays in wRC+ v. RHP this year. For the WORST offense in baseball, it shouldn't be that hard to see why we kept this guy around so long. The issue is he went from being a below average to average defender straight to being a permanent DH overnight and we already have a DH (who's #2 on the team v. RHP this year).
  4. I think being around Vlad daily ruined him. It feels like they're brothers at times.
  5. That's odd, I thought he didn't play the OF because Schneider is a moron who should be fired? I thought Taillon was back throwing? Taillon, Beiber and Yesavage all are I believe - trying to save us all from another Spaghetti and/or Lorezen outing that will no doubt cost us a playoff spot.
  6. Agreed. To be more clear, I think he has the physical ability to be a star. I just don't think he has the mental ability to be a consistent star. He sucks mentally.
  7. We all said this in 2022 and 2023. What evidence is there that anything is going to change?
  8. Seems like a nice gesture from the organization to reward this lifelong minor leaguer who's been below average in AAA. It's not like we're trying to make the playoffs or anything.
  9. Well this certainly is a fun pitching matchup.
  10. I don't either. I'm sure he has aches and pains - but everyone does at this point of the season. I don't think he's playing through some injury that's going to require surgery at the end of the year, nor do I think he's trying to play hero by playing through some injury. Would he benefit from more days off? Maybe, maybe not? Who knows. He's at rock bottom, so obviously it wouldn't have hurt. I think he just sucks.
  11. He just needed to get away from Popkins to unlock his full potential :)
  12. Ohtani could play with 1 leg, 1 arm and no torso and be better than Vlad.
  13. This playoff "crawl" is costing us a lot of opportunity to evaluate players for next year. I love it and hate it all at the same time.
  14. Bone spurs in the back isn't something I've ever heard of! Wild stuff.
  15. I actually think that might be the best possible outcome for him and Vlad...
  16. It took me like 15 seconds to look that up. I did so because it sounded f*cking insane, which is was. Before I say things that clearly sound insane, I typically pause and think - maybe I should look that up before I put my foot in my mouth and say something dumb.
  17. You know there are ways to measure that these days? It could really help reduce the number of ignorant things you say. Average EV is 2nd percentile. Just think - you probably spend decades of your life saying things that people had no way of fact checking. They probably just assumed you knew what you're talking about. I bet that felt awesome. Unfortunately (for you), those days are over.
  18. Shocking. I think you may observe that because Lorenzen IS horrible. That's why he was released by the Rockies.
  19. That lineup is gross. It's a small miracle we're still contending.
  20. Yes - to AAA starter. Unfortunately, the current alternatives are barf-inducing. It turns out having like 9 pitchers get hurt all at once challenges your depth a bit. Spaghetti has been awful though. Offseason project for the team.
  21. You have to factor in that he's in the process of "popping" and moving when catching that ball and trying to throw someone out. That's going to hinder his ability to determine if it's close enough to challenge or not. That ball is right on the edge - it's not a blatant strike. If he just puts that ball is his back pocket, it's a 1-2 count with the top strikeout starter in baseball on the mound. Even with runners on 2nd and 3rd, he probably gets out of that inning with 0 runs scored like 90%+ of the time. And for all we know - Schneider might have tightened his challenge leash lately, seeing as he's been pretty bad at it. Maybe they have been prepping them more and reminding Kirk that he's f*cking horrendous as challenging? As if Kirk didn't notice that already? Kirk's kid probably noticed he never gets challenges right. Maybe he's influencing him! After that entire plays ends, with the disappointment that Kaz can't catch a 14 MPH lop ball - I don't think it's reasonable for Kirk to immediately challenge the strike call, nor is it any managers fault for not having drilled that mentality into him.
  22. If players can't yell, then there's no discussion on this. It was a borderline pitch at best and would have been a risky challenge in the 2nd inning with your ace on the hill. If I recall correctly, Cease even missed his spot and Kirk was reaching for it a bit. He's not going to challenge that one.
×
×
  • Create New...