Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,069
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. In terms of W-L, it's one of the best stretches in our history. Playoffs are a crapshoot.
  2. I've personally never liked him. His antics, combined with his inability to fulfill his potential or seemingly make any adjustments has always rubbed me the wrong way. This is the nail. I'm appalled at the number of people making excuses for him. He isn't a child anymore. He knew what he said and he doubled down on it. It's no accident. He only apologized because he was told to.
  3. How ironic is it that in his first at bat following some truly moronic comments - Vlad swings at a terrible pitch, hits its 1" and is tagged out while standing in the box. Baseball gods know how to handle this...
  4. I'll take a Red Sox/Yankee matchup all day long. Rivalry series are typically great theatre. Would I rather see it happen deeper in the playoffs? Yes I would.
  5. Well the Jays PR team finally got ahold of him. I think we all knew something like this would happen and he'd say all these things. I hope everyone realizes that he doesn't mean any of it and had to be told what to say to try and save face. Embarrassing stuff. It's too bad you can't organize some sort of walkout. "Now batting, #27, Vladimir Guerrero Jr." and all the fans leave and go stand in the concourse until he's done grounding into a double play... Then return and give Springer a standing ovation...
  6. It's wild how Jo Adell is tied for 5th in the AL with 93 RBIs. He's a 93 wRC+ bat and 0.3 WAR overall. He's the modern day Joe Carter.
  7. Mookie is putting up a massive September. 219 wRC+ so far to raise his season stats up to a 115 wRC+ and 3.6 WAR. I love this, as I was worried that Mookie was "done". His best days are clearly behind him, but he's one of the best baseball players of this era and a surefire HOFer. Simply incredible that he's been able to transition to SS so late in his career.
  8. Don't kill you - kill him. Term, you're more valuable to this franchise than Vlad is.
  9. Completely agree with this. Lowe is almost certainly going to be overpaid (as is Arraez?). I'm curious to see what Suzuki gets. He's a beast and would be a great fit - although age/term will be a concern. PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM FOR WHAT THEY'VE DONE - pay them for what you think they'll do during the contract you give them...
  10. It's alarming the number of media people and commenters who actually agree with what Vlad is saying? A great reminder of how many morons walk among us.
  11. 55K views · 419 reactions | Bringing up your contract like Vladimir... WWW.FACEBOOK.COM Bringing up your contract like Vladimir Guerrero Jr. did rarely has a good outcome #mlb #baseball #sports I saw a clip yesterday - they suggest Vlad is extremely intelligent note that everyone they have spoken to who's close to the Blue Jays agrees. That seems wildly different to absolutely everything fans see - and it's the first time I've ever heard anyone suggest this.
  12. Clement overachieved in the playoffs. But his regular season was very similar to 2024 and what he did in 2026 until he got hurt and tried to play through it the whole second half. I just don't see a lot of overachievers in 2025 - outside of a bunch of bench guys like Heiny, Straw and DS.
  13. Hoffman 2025: 15 HRs allowed, 1.99 HR/9 2026: 4 HRs allowed, 0.55 HR/9 I remember suggesting the HR's allowed were a statistical anomaly. I checked one of my bold predictions was that he'd have <4 HRs allowed. I think John predicted 3 as well. So close!
  14. Who falls into this category for you? I see a whole bunch of bench bats that overachieved, Varsho hit better than he did in the past, but he missed half the season. I guess you can say Springer overachieved. Eric Lauer?
  15. Kylen Mills (@kylenmills) • Instagram reel WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM kylenmills on September 23, 2026: "It’s easy to root for Bo Davidson. Never give up on your dreams kids 👏🏻👏🏻 Some info... Love stories like this!!!
  16. MLB Network (@mlbnetwork) • Instagram photos and videos WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM 4,789 likes, 73 comments - mlbnetwork on September 23, 2026: "In the past week, the Marlins have deployed both... This is an interesting development...
  17. Vlad Jr heads to the IL with a severe brain injury...
  18. This may be the most difficult thing Atkins has to do....manage this disaster. Time to earn your money - unless you're a stupid c*nt who thinks your contract is reimbursement for the work you've already done...
  19. I know what you're saying and there is something to be said about not making it life or death, but I think in general, you don't want these players on your team... As for fans - easy to say, hard to do. If Vlad sinks this franchise for the foreseeable future, nobody will be attached or entertained...
  20. I worry we need to change the title of this thread to 20??
  21. Perhaps because assigning blame on something you know very little about - is stupid. As is assuming that what Schneider tells the public is his honest opinion. It's really that simple. I know everyone wants to blame someone - but right now we don't if anyone else is to blame. The only obvious guy it blame for this is Vlad. He's the POS who gave up on this team and feels no obligation to put in the effort. Deflecting blame away from him and onto another adult is insane. Vlad isn't a child.
  22. You have no idea if he did or didn't. There are other ways besides your position in the lineup. How do you motivate a guy who has that type of attitude anyway? Good luck
  23. I gotta wonder what the players around him think of this. He's basically saying he had no obligation to try hard this year or any year moving forward. That can't sit well with his teammates.
  24. Blaming Schneider for this is the epitome of your stupidity. Are you related to Vlad?
  25. I don't want to ever see him in a Jays uniform again.
×
×
  • Create New...