Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,072
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I believe what you're missing is the probability that at least 1 of the starting OFers gets injured each year, forcing the 4th OFer into starting duties. There may be years when the starting OFers stay relatively healthy and the 4th OFer just plays when they need a day off, or maybe as a semi-platoon player. 4th OFer could also slide in if one of the starting OFers DH's for a day, etc. But there will also be years when 2 starting OFers suffer major injuries and the 4th OFer is going to start everyday for an extended period. I believe this is why they say that on average, the 4th OFer gets 450-500 PAs a year. He's essentially a "starter". I believe it's similar for your utility infielder. That said, if teams are using a lot of platoons and such, that may all change a bit - but it does highlight the importance of the 4th OFer and utility IFer.
  2. I believe the average 4th OFer typically receives 450-500 PA's...
  3. With Barger returning to play RF, it certainly feels like LF is the most obvious place to "upgrade", which would push Lukes back to a bench role. Randy or Seiya are obvious fits, but they are both kinda old and will come with risk on a 4+ year deal.
  4. Don't look now, but he's up to a 110 wRC+. Not bad after he battled thru all the injuries early. Still has some juice in his bat. Love to see it. His wRC+ is north of 120 since June 15th.
  5. And then Turang bunts it foul with 2 strikes. Reminder that other team's do dumb things too.
  6. Frelick and Hamilton with B2B bunt singles to start the 8th. Both gorgeous bunts. I know bunting is stupid, but when executed perfectly, it's pretty to watch. Speed doesn't slump.
  7. All good. Early on the toe seems like an obvious excuse, but now? Sure. Perhaps a better choice of words next time?
  8. Has there been confirmation of that? Not sure I've seen anything. He did break his toe early in the year, so I suspect that lingered and held him out of the field for awhile.
  9. What record do we need to achieve to tank enough to avoid the 10 spot penalty?
  10. My 10 year old loves Vlad (like most kids do). Watching that spark slowly burn out is incredibly difficult. I've generally never liked Vlad, but I've bit my tongue as I didn't want to discourage a young fan. But I've now had to explain to him that Vlad might just suck balls. It's brutal.
  11. Vlad has zero incentive to make changes. He got his money.
  12. All the help in the world won't help unless Vlad accepts that change is needed and is willing to work to fix it. No sign that either of those will happen. Vlad surrounds himself with "yes men" and has a group of people he's willing to work with. We've heard about this and discussed it for years (2022 through 2024). The Jays fly in Wilton Guerrero and others when he's slumping. He needs profession help, not one of the 1294 family members he has.
  13. To be honest - I think that's what they wanted. The renovations were meant to bring in more and more casuals who are just choosing to spend their night at the Jays game instead of a restaurant or bar. I'd guess that 95% of the people attending baseball games would fall under the "casual" label. The number - and the environment the Jays created is similar around baseball IMO. You see these bar type casual viewing areas in almost every stadium now. The trade off is at least it helps drive profits, which allows the team to invest in players, which, as a fan, I prefer. But listening to people around you talk during a game is like going onto a facebook or reddit Jays forum. It's just a bunch of ignorant people who know very little about the game. That's what makes this place so nice.
  14. Someone call the Angels and see if they'll bail us outta this again like they did with Vernon Wells. Hurry before Arte Moreno dies.
  15. Maybe he should be investigated for gambling connections?
  16. So why doesn't he deserve all the smoke Spanky? He's done exactly what we all worried he'd do on a long term deal - completely sh*t the bed. He's now on a path to become the most hated player in Blue Jays history. We all know he'll crumble when fans start boo'ing him every at bat. He's got no jam.
  17. Is it just me, or does he look a lot taller than 5'7" in that video?
  18. It was a great effort SS. For a few weeks there, this season was actually exciting. I think we all knew it wouldn't last though.
  19. That is a great question. Josh Towers 2006 is right up there too.
  20. That would be disappointing. That offensive profile probably doesn't play at 1st or COF.
×
×
  • Create New...