Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Buck continues to jinx it...
  2. It's a good make up call for the brutal check swing call by Laz Diaz on Renfroe in the 1st.
  3. Wow - that's 2 bad calls on check swings already.
  4. I'm so happy that MLB decided that on a global stage, we need Buck Martinez to talk condescendingly about shifts, launch angles, pitching analytics, etc. We really do need him out there insinuating this new school baseball is trash.
  5. Of course Buck Martinez is broadcasting the World Series and talking about competitive pitches
  6. Laz Diaz - f*** me man - that isn't a swing.
  7. It's a good point and probably strategically aligned to avoid those 2 games - but FFS, nobody should want to watch Giants/Eagles on Thursday night. Barf.
  8. It's interesting that people/players only complain about starting pitchers being removed. Why don't hitters complain when they get pulled for their platoon counterpart? Why don't relievers complain when they get pulled (especially before the 3 batter rule came into effect)? Isn't Zeigler pissed when he's pulled? Say it's 2019 and Zeigler strikes out the first to batters (both of whom are right handed) and there's a lefty coming up (which means statistically, he has a much lower chance of success) - doesn't Zeigler think he's pitching well and can get the next batter out? I suspect the answer is simply because it's more common and players are used to it. Players seemingly understand and accept the reasoning behind it more (ie, Zeigler knows he's statistically shittier vs. left handed batters and accepts why the manager is pulling him - even if he's dealing and struck out the first 2 batters). We just aren't there yet with starting pitchers - it will come with education and time. I have to imagine there were transitions when relievers started to be a thing - and then when 1 inning relievers transitioned into the game (instead of the multi inning reliever). Glory - I think we understand that players hate getting removed from the game. Their competitive nature is a huge component of their success. But there are lot of roles in baseball (and other sports) where players willingly come out of the game (even if they are playing well). That said, I am surprised hitters these days aren't losing their s*** because the number of platoon players seems to have skyrocketed over the past 5-10 years without huge complaints about not being full time starters, playing every day and getting paid.
  9. You know whats the absolute best about the playoffs this year? The universal DH. Nobody misses seeing pitchers hit. Even the old school broadcasters haven't mentioned it. The DH must be here to stay. Thank God...a decision that's about 25 years late.
  10. Pache should have been in a lot better position to make an attempt at that - pretty weak effort
  11. d'Arnaud worked out pretty good for AA this year. Adam Duvall, locked up Albies and Acuna, Chris Martin trade, O'Day - those are all pluses on top of the Ozuna signing which has been huge. Even the Hamels signing was solid (even though it didn't work out). I don't think it's fair to completely s*** in AA.
  12. You shouldn't underestimate how lazy I can be when I want. I'm dumn - sorry guys. also, after reading this: Luis Garcia will start Thursday's Game 5 against the Rays, manager Dusty Baker announced. The 23-year-old Garcia will be making his first postseason appearance after starting once and relieving four times for the Astros this season (he gave up four runs and posted a 9/5 K/BB ratio in 12 1/3 innings). The Astros will probably turn to Chase De Jong if Garcia gets knocked out early. I'm back on the fence on how many days off they get. That is pretty turrible.
  13. That's fair - I probably should have looked it up - but that makes sense with the WS as their is only 2 teams. Does the ALCS and ALDS work the same though? It feels like the AL plays one night and the NL the next night...but again, I could be wrong.
  14. Isn't a 2-3-2 setup with 2 days for travel the happy medium? 7 games in 9 days (if it goes 7). Before this year, we rarely even had games on back to back days. 7 games was taking 11 to 13 days to play. Unfortunately I do think there's some truth to what connorp is saying; however, my counter is that I don't think casuals and viewers enjoy drawn out playoffs. I think the NBA and NHL suffer from this - the playoffs never f***ing end. Maybe that's just my personal view, but if the MLB is going to stick with the expanded playoffs (and every indication is they will) - I think they need to ensure they consider the pace and try to keep the duration to 4-5 weeks.
  15. Yeah I'd really like to see MLB stick with this to the extent possible. 2 off days for travel in 5 and 7 game series would be the happy medium.
  16. Better give yourself a gold star.
  17. Kershaw scratched with back spasms....Gonsolin starting tonight.
  18. yikes - a comparison to the Trop is about as low as it gets.
  19. Is the new park really 's*****'? why so (I know nothing about it)
  20. 7 game series - 2 games at one park, 1 day travel, 3 games at the other park, 1 day travel, 2 games at the original park. 7 games in 9 days with 2 days off. 5 game series - 2 games at one park, 1 day travel, 2 games at the other park, 1 day travel, 1 game at the original park. 5 games in 7 days, 2 days off.
  21. Yeah I like this personally. It brings in the strategies they need to implement throughout the season instead of getting every other day off and using the same 2-3 relievers every night. Moving forward with the permanent expanded playoffs (whatever they will look like), I have to think this schedule setup will remain to some extent (maybe not 5 days in a row, but they won't need 10 days to play 5 games).
  22. Paige Spiranac talks? learn something new everyday!
  23. Game 5 should be a beauty.
  24. OK - she's an attention seeker with a tight bod. Everyone happy? I'm so disappointed at some of your for stereotyping whores as being females though. There are men out there slinging their cocks around trying to make a living too!
  25. Fair enough. Personally, I don't associate the word whore synonymously with women. I call guys whores all the time. You're probably correct that my Dad would be confused if you called him a whore...but guys my age wouldn't be. So much hate because I used a word that you (and others) still consider to be a gendered insult - even though others (including me and the Oxford Dictionary) don't. Question - is Paige Spiranac an attention seeker? or is she also a trailblazer in womans golf? Because she's f***ing tight.
×
×
  • Create New...