Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Curious what the board experts say to this, but it certainly looks more like Jansen could have been the MLB player centrepiece. Gimenez was MLB's 60th best propsect in 2019, so maybe our comparable is Groshans (who's currently listed as the 70th). Wolf and Greene are both recent 2nd round picks, so we'd be looking at Van Eyk and maybe Dasan Brown Jansen, Groshans, Van Eyk and Brown...or something like that. I'm sure someone is better than me at this.
  2. 1. You have no idea whether the Raptors were managing that way. You can't be naïve enough to really think Masai put all his eggs in one basket. 2. Most big splash moves don't work out - that's typically the excuse for not making them. You don't have to like that (I don't either), but you should acknowledge it.
  3. You keep judging while having about 1% of the information Gruber. Great job.
  4. You've been setting yourself up for disappoint this whole time man.
  5. To be fair - he was really good last year (some bad luck with the ERA) and was on pace for 4+ WAR
  6. OK that's fair. I think someone's offering Sugano $14M. We'll soon see.
  7. Is it though? Treinen just got a solid contract. Grossman got 2 years $10M. I fully expect Springer is getting $125-$150M. I don't see the big discount people expected (which would be a wet dream for the Jays).
  8. We gave Roark 2 years $24M last year. I'm not sure why 4 years $56M seems out of the question for someone like Sugano. COVID doesn't seem to be reducing FA pay days as much as some expected.
  9. what's wrong with "free lappers for Harden"?
  10. Yeah I totally knew that I'm also hedging my bet a bit!
  11. Yeah that seems insane.
  12. I'm going with the Giants. If they are offering 4 years with an opt-out option each year - that's tough to beat.
  13. Giants offering a 4 year deal with an opt-out option after each year is interesting.
  14. I highly doubt a team is choosing turf due to the maintenance costs of grass. That sounds f***ing stupid.
  15. You think they'll go into next year with both of them in a battle? I doubt it. If they can get a late 1st pick for Wentz they are taking that all day long. I kind of expect a 4th will be the best they can get.
  16. I agree I'd rather watch Alex Smith and the WFT carry on....but I'm kind of confused on how winning or losing that last game tangibly affects the job security. Would another catch or 2, or even another touchdown by Ertz change their decision on whether they extend him or cut him loose this offseason? I f***ing hope not. Nobody makes decisions on a LB based on the teams win/loss record. Everybody on that field had the choice to continuing playing as hard as they possibly could. If they chose not to because they were upset with a coaching decision, then that's on them. Fair point that most of the players won't give a s*** about the teams draft pick as they may not be with Philly next year. I don't really like all the yearly movement in the NFL personally.
  17. That's fair and the Wentz situation complicates the situation. If Wentz isn't the equation, you can't simply reinforce that Jalen is your guy, but the staff wanted to see what Sudfeld had to see if they needed to address the backup QB position this offseason. I don't think anyone should or would be butt hurt about that. I fully expect that's the situation and they'll trade Wentz before or during the draft. Wentz was f***ing horrendous this year. The fact there was anyone in their locker room still backing Wentz speaks volumes to the stupidity of players in the NFL. It really makes the entire discussion about the players reaction pointless and I'm sorry I even brought it up. My bad.
  18. Did he completely revamp his swing? Massive jump in power last year.
  19. Call me crazy, but Hurts leading the team to a win over the s*** ass Redskins doesn't have any impact on the 2021-22 Eagles season. It's essentially irrelevant. The people on the field always have the choice to play to win and nobody is suggesting they shouldn't. I just think it's such a slap in the face to their teammate. They could have rallied around Sudfeld knowing he's fighting for a job next year too - knowing this might be his chance to prove he can be a backup QB in the league. Knowing that if he succeeds, it's a great moment for him and if he fails, as least an effort was made and the team will get a much better draft pick next year. End of story. This type of s*** happens all the time in other sports (especially baseball). Carolina played Phillip Walker in a meaningless game - nobody gave a s*** and I'm sure if you looked, there were many players in other positions getting a 'shot' to prove what they had in the final game (but nobody cares or notices because they aren't QB's). Then you had teams resting players. Do players on those teams hate it because the coach isn't putting them in a position to win that game? How's Miami feel that Pittsburgh rested started, playing both Rudolph and Dobbs? There's the cries for the lost integrity of the game there? They basically gift wrapped that game to Cleveland to grant them a playoff birth. Do "good" teams earn the right to throw the last game of the year, but s***** teams looking to rebuild their franchise can't?
  20. Bills v. Pack Super Bowl would be unreal.
  21. This whole Philly situation is hilarious. "Two defensive players had to be held back from approaching Pederson after the QB change. Hurts was reportedly distraught about the decision to yank him in favor of Nate Sudfeld with the team trialing Washington by three points. The Eagles lost 20-14. Pederson defended the decision to bench Hurts so Sudfeld could get some playing time in a meaningless Week 17 game. He revised his reasoning the following day and rambled about offensive struggled with Hurts under center. Miles Sanders expressed frustration with Pederson's decision in a Tuesday interview. "If I'm being honest, nobody liked the decision. Nobody," he said. Having alienated his players at the tail end of a disastrous season, it's reasonable to question whether the team can bring Pederson back in 2021. Unless, of course, Pederson was told to lose the game. The Eagles have the sixth pick in the 2021 NFL draft; they would've had the ninth pick if they had beaten Washington." Players are f***ing stupid. I know they are wired to 'win' and play hard and whatever, but they have to acknowledge that losing that game and moving up from 9th to 6th is potentially huge for the franchise. They should be able to acknowledge that enough to keep their emotions in check. Pederson benched a QB who was 7-20 for 73 yards and an INT in a game that didn't matter one bit to them. I'd love to see Nate Sudfeld issue a statement that his whiney ass **** teammates can suck his fat cock for showing absolutely no faith in him. Point out all the s***** games they had and all the mistakes they made throughout this horrendous year and remind them that nobody publicly shamed them it. f*** the Giants - if they wanted in, win more than 6 games or STFU. Teams can play whoever the f*** they want at any point to 'see what they've got'.
  22. CD - the Jays have already investigated and concluded it's not feasible to grow grass in the dome. This isn't a thing.
  23. You're suggesting the Jays should install grass this year to protect their investment in Springer and improve the ROI? FFS man, they have already exhausted their efforts to install grass in the dome and concluded it's not feasible. No one player is going to change this evaluation.
  24. I read Turner is looking for a 4 year deal. We all read a ton of stupid rumors and I can't imagine a world in which he gets it, but I think we all assumed he'd be a 1 or 2 year commitment, which may not do it. Turner is a f***ing beauty, but there's a ton of risk in a 3 year deal for him.
×
×
  • Create New...