Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,100
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. So Grichuk is better v. power pitchers than he is v. others? Where is Kirk? Isn't he our high velocity weapon?
  2. A run scored is a run scored - regardless of what inning it is.
  3. tight hamstring bruh.
  4. Orelvis is going to be special boys.
  5. It's because Snell is good again. Can't have them both dominating at the same time apparently.
  6. We should sign Robinson Cano as a bench coach.
  7. I saw a clip of him grimacing while scoring in his first game back. I think it was on the hit that Bo ran through the stop sign and still scored....Springer was just trotting home with no play and looked to be in pain. I have to hope the doctors have explained he can't do further damage to it and it's simply a matter of him playing through pain or not.....otherwise - this is f***ing stupid.
  8. Might be time to start the "Offseason Discussion" thread...
  9. The good news is it's 2021 and we have much more advance ways to change swings than taking tips from Cito and Murph. Throw him in the lab this offseason and see what happens....now obviously you'd think that if it were that easy, Pittsburgh would have done the same, but there still seem to be organizations out there who simply can't get the most of the talent they have (Cole, Meadows, Glasnow, Musgrove, etc.) are all recent examples out of Pittsburgh. Now that said - I was just trying to make a little joke comparison. There's probably a 98% chance Polanco is pure garbage and nobody can fix him.
  10. C'mon Hurl - Bautista had 1573 PA's before he joined Toronto. He was 27 and had a BB% just under 10 and a K% in the low 20's. We don't have statcast data, but I would suspect he was hitting the ball hard and we know he had a canon for an arm. Polanco's obviously had more opportunity and is 2 years older, but his career BB% is at 8.9, K% 21.6 and he's a toolsy f*** who hits the ball very hard.....oh, and he comes from Pittsburgh to Toronto. The tongue and cheek comparison isn't too bad man.
  11. He's the next Jose Bautista!!!
  12. If you have someone who's a 115 wRC+ bat - there's no reason you can't make him a full time DH and part time first baseman. That's a top 70 hitter in baseball (of qualified hitters).
  13. Springer is back! Blue Jays activated OF George Springer from the 10-day injured list. Manager Charlie Montoyo said he'd leave it up to Springer whether or not he'd return Monday after running the bases again pregame, and evidently the outfielder is feeling up to the task. Springer is in the designated hitter spot and leading off against the Orioles and it wouldn't be a surprise if he remains a DH for a while to ease back into things.
  14. But why juice when you already got (over)paid? Maybe Cano is giving him the advice!
  15. I suspect this is true, but until last year - the man's bat was certainly not worth that type of contract. I haven't heard of him changing his swing - and certainly his approach to swing at everything hasn't changed, but maybe KC knows something we don't (or maybe they got lucky and he became an above average hitter at age 30???). Maybe he's 'working out' with Robinson Cano now in the offseason.
  16. Well I'm dumb. I've disqualified myself.
  17. "This post will be open until 12:00PM August 17" "Last edited by Brownie19; 08-17-2021 at 10:45 PM." If I did something wrong then my bad.
  18. This. I could see the Mets themselves implementing some sort of punishment. I doubt it would be a suspension, but I fully expect an apology. If MLB gets involved and/or issues a suspension - I think that's a joke and a sign they went full snowflake.
  19. https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2193507/what-weve-learned-since-the-atlantic-league-moved-back-the-mound There's a little story summarizing the early findings of a 61'6" mound...IMO the sample size is far too small to draw any conclusions.
  20. If it's affecting him this bad - why the f*** is he still playing? Surely to god if that answer is he can't swing and perform due to his shoulder, they would shut him down and get the surgery now. It's such a sad situation.
  21. Yelich and Bellinger have both essentially fallen off a cliff since 2019. Bellinger more so, but still...
  22. Carlos Rodon is right up there with him. Lower FIP, xFIP, xERA and higher K/9 & fWAR - but has thrown 40 fewer innings.
  23. Does Pujols stick around long enough to get to 700 HRs?
  24. I feel the same way - which is probably a good reason for neither of us to join and water down the league. I will ask though - is it through Yahoo? or are people using better platforms now?
  25. I think what he's saying is that in the fine print - this isn't true IF security wants the ball returned. Obviously that rarely happens (if ever).
×
×
  • Create New...