Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,074
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. I can safely say that almost every regular disagrees with most of what you say. A lot of people just choose not to engage with you because it's a waste of time. You know that right? You honestly think you're part of some "new guard" group here? From my perspective, you're essentially on your own in most cases - jaysblue used to support you a lot, but even he's distanced himself from a lot of your views.
  2. I hope you're right. I think there's a chance that the league has adjusted. He wasn't good offensively in the minors - so there's a good chance his early offensive success isn't sustainable.
  3. You get so salty when people correctly call you out.
  4. This is a perfect demonstration of the 2026 Blue Jays.
  5. That's awesome - they were talking about this last night - how they had so many family members coming to this series to watch the 2 boys play against each other. I'm so happy they got this opportunity. Pretty special stuff for all involved.
  6. Yeah - I agree. Unless you really liked Bratt - I hope/think the Jays can do better. I just posted it for the sake of conversation. It's wild to think about how awful Druw Jones has been. I know there were concerns about his swing coming out of HS - and injuries have derailed things a bit, but he's the #2 pick from 2022!
  7. That's fair - I can only imagine how difficult the adjustment is. The ball is different too, which must be really challenging for some pitchers.
  8. I haven't heard this - what is it?
  9. I think most understand there's a mental side to the game - I most certainly do. I think the question is how much of a factor it really is and/or how you factor that into your decision making. How much different is it pitching in the 8th instead of the 9th? Over his career, Hoffman has pitched better in high leverage than he has in medium or low leverage and as Term pointed out, he's pitched best in the 8th, worst in the 7th, with the 9th somewhere in between. How do those results suit your narrative that he lacks mental fortitude? Why would he be worse in the 7th than the 9th if he struggles with the mental pressure of closing? The reality is the mental side of things will be different for every player in baseball - and it is something that is constantly changing. Players may learn to handle the pressure more as they age and mature, some people go into slumps and lose their confidence altogether. I think it's also incredibly simplistic to just label someone as being unable handle a certain role. We see players who've failed as a closer for a couple of years suddenly figure it out and dominate for several years. We see players who have dominated as a closer for several years, who suddenly struggle with it. We see closers who are dominate one year, then suck the next, then dominate again. The only consistent thing about relivers is their inconsistency. The reality is there's really not black or white answer. It's similar to the discussion on lineup protection and whether it exists or not - and if so, to what extent does it matter. Anyone claiming their right and the answer is clear is ignorant.
  10. CF is a clear need for the team and I hope we find a way to add one at the deadline.
  11. I believe that's what was reported yesterday. They are hopeful he'll be healed and ready to go in Spring Training. That's the best case scenario I think - certainly no guarantee. We need him to return to full health and develop into a stud.
  12. Fangraphs did an article today with some mock trades. Here is what they suggested for the Jays. The Arizona Diamondbacks acquire SP Kevin Gausman from the Toronto Blue Jays for OF Druw Jones and SP Mitch Bratt. Druw Jones probably sucks, but he does have pedigree and athleticism - and we need a CFer of the future. Bratt doesn't appear to have good stuff, but he's been successful in the upper minors as a lefty SPer. He's near ML ready, with lots of control and options - so that seems like a good fit.
  13. No - but he's on a pitch count as he's returning from injury. He threw 50 pitches in the first 2 innings and thus didn't have enough bullets to go deeper.
  14. He is so superior to us. I will never doubt any of his opinions again. He's the smartest! Maximum fake internet points!
  15. Man it's sad to see Bo continue to struggle with the bat. A brutal season with the stick - although the defense hasn't been that bad at 3rd. Hope he can rebound.
  16. I think he had a perfect game thru 5 on his rehab start. Ready to dominate! LOL
  17. We've been thru this. I supported AA too. I think your expectations are far too high. I fully understand that teams have to move on from GMs and Managers at some point. I'm actually perfectly fine if the Jays moved on from Atkins and Schneider. But I also know the grass isn't always greener on the other side. There are just so many factors into the teams success - and to climb through the playoffs to win a championship. Such is outside of their control that I think it's unfair to hone in on the GM, managers and/or coaches as the reason for failure. IMO, the team has been very successful since 2020. This is one of the best runs in team history - yet you've been b*thing and complaining about everything to no end since they were hired. It's nauseating. To be honest - last year was even more fun since we got to witness you and your few brothers eat a massive slice or humble pie. If we won the championship last year, would you still be calling to fire everyone after this awful season? You think 1 run in Game 7 should make that much of a difference?
  18. I really hope you spend the rest of the season spamming all threads with your belief that everyone in this organization is trash and should be fired - which I'm sure will continue throughout the offseason and beyond until each and every one of them are fired. Then you'll just repeat the cycle with the next group. It doesn't matter what anyone does, they will never meet your expectations.
  19. I'll do it. From 2023 to now, the Jays are: 9th in team wRC+ (104) 16th in runs scored (2630) 6th in team BA (.252) 9th in team OBP (.321) 12th in team SLG (.406) This is still an above average offensive team, so his point still stands - ALL of it.
  20. Losing games and getting a top 6 pick is ideal at this point - so perfect.
  21. Where do those things rank v. having the worst offense in baseball?
×
×
  • Create New...