Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. That's pretty cool. Maybe one of your next blog posts could be a chart showing how much each pick is approximately worth.
  2. This makes last year's moves look worse. If the team was going to keep increasing payroll, then adding a bunch of big contracts in that fashion was fine with me. And why wouldn't they keep adding payroll? I mean if you had 50 million in one offseason, what's another 15-20 the next offseason? But if they were going to add all that payroll, only to effectively freeze that payroll for future offseasons then you've really limited the #1 way to improve your team. Just a dumb strategy.
  3. I read where he went and got an MRI and had it checked out by Dr. Andrews and it has completely healed. Cannot find link but it's out there.
  4. I appreciate his projections. But he's blasting the FO and saying it's not even debatable that Johnson should have been given the QO. Like you said, we don't have access to the medical reports but the guy has suffered extended DL stints in 3 of the past 6 seasons (as well as surgery this past offseason); that should give anyone pause. But in his eyes, it's not even debatable, Johnson is worth 14 million. On top of it, this team is apparently cash strapped. 14 mil for a guy with Johnson's history is clearly debatable. Personally, do I think the team would be dumb to have offered him 14 mil? Not necessarily but I don't think it's a no brainer either. Also, I appreciate the time he puts in to projections. His model is better than anything I could create if you gave me a decade to do so. But pardon me for being skeptical of it. He does, after all, project Chris Capuano for a career year at 3 WAR. Of the three projections that fangraphs offers, Oliver rates him the highest with 1. Maybe he's right, but we probably won't get the chance to find out, the best Capuano could do is land a job in a bullpen for a couple of mil.
  5. Why is it not debatable "at all"? He has serious health concerns and on the open market he only got 8 million, not even close to the QO. I don't get why you and others think giving 14 million to a guy with his medical history is such a no brainer.
  6. Why is that not defensible? Johnson has serious health concerns.
  7. That's debatable as he signed for just above half of what the QO is worth.
  8. s***, it's less than ideal but Moises is one of our better bench options at this point. We have to keep him. And I like that they are trying him out at first, some positional versatility can only help.
  9. Awesome, you even found the source.Thanks.
  10. I thought I remember a player's contract expressly disallowing his team from offering him a QO before? I think maybe Orlando Cabrera?
  11. This is pretty plausible. I've had back spasms to where I could barely move for 3 days, then pretty tender for another 4 or so, and then it loosens up and feels fine.
  12. That's pretty good. Given the options if Redmond could take the #5 job and leave Hutchinson in AAA that might help out with depth some. We'd need Hutchinson anyway as the #6 SP.
  13. Did he throw any bullpen sessions for scouts or anything? I didn't really hear anything. And assuming he goes straight to the 40 man it might have been hard to squeeze him on to our roster. That said, if Happ and others continue pitching like crap then a move like this (assuming there are any) might become easier to make.
  14. So all the girls on this forum should act like guys and the problem is solved? lol listen to yourself. Instead, how about we all act like adults? And if we don't (you egging him on with "lol" included) then your post gets deleted with some sort of warning or temporary ban?
  15. So the misogyny we've seen so far is her fault for her handle being "BlueJaysGirl"? lol
  16. Oh I agree, this stuff happens all the time on the internet. But this is a pretty tight-knit community rather than a large bloated forum with no rules. The mods have banned, given warnings, or deleted posts before. This seems like as good of a time as any for a mod to do something, especially since this board was started in large part to get rid of all the unrelated BS that plagued the official forums.
  17. It is sad. Not only the initial posts but the follow up "lol" posts and likes that only encourage this type of behavior shouldn't be a part of this board.
  18. This is a pretty good guess. I think you could see Redmond in the rotation and Rogers in the bullpen depending on their performances in ST. And further to that, this board can be pretty lame and immature. You made one of the better posts in this thread (one of the few that accounts for both the options on certain pitchers playing a factor as well as the Jays FO sending Gose down to AAA with some sort of defensive-disaster of Melky/Sierra combo manning backup CF) and instead of anyone giving you an actual reply you are instead objectified for being female. I hate to sound preachy but if I were a mod I'd delete those posts and give warnings (if not a temporary ban) to anyone engaging in or encouraging this kind of behavior.
  19. Alomar Halladay The remaining two are pretty tough. Guys I'd consider are Stieb, Delgado, Fernandez, Bell, and yes, Joe Carter for producing the most memorable moment in Jays history that won't ever be topped.
  20. I agree that Posey getting hurt was what spurred the change. However, that doesn't mean it's a bad change. Once enacted the rule is going to protect all Catchers, not just the stars.
  21. The compensation system is completely regressive. It benefits the rich teams because the penalties lessen with each big signing. It also isn't fair to the players. I'd change that. I'd expand replay and I also like what they are doing with collisions at the plate. The rules on the draft could use work too. There are 3 different systems right now. One for amateur players in the US and PR, one for international players, and one for Japanese players. I'd make changes to each although I'm not entirely sure how.
×
×
  • Create New...