Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. JP was given the best pitcher of the decade in Roy Halladay.
  2. Well when JP's team were floating above the 80 win mark you could say the same about JP inheriting Halladay.
  3. I think I would too. I'd even eat a little bit of Beurhle's salary.
  4. 3 years, 21 mil for Loney. This one is a bit of a head scratcher for Friedman IMO.
  5. Lol guess I should take my own advice!
  6. The "Thanks" feature should be utilized more, especially when a poster is merely agreeing with a post and not adding anything else to it.
  7. Yep, I went a couple of years ago and you can mingle with plenty of baseball peeps. Matter of fact I saw John Farrell picking up a blonde half his age in the hotel lobby at about 1 am.
  8. Doesn't seem like the A's got a whole lot for Anderson.
  9. -from Twitter The smallest of moves but it does open up a spot on the 40-man.
  10. Can you expand on the pitcher-hitter comparison? Also, how is 186 innings of 3.03 FIP only 12 runs better than the average pitcher? I'm genuinely curious.
  11. If EE is so much better than Price then why has Price had a higher WAR in every single season since 2009? And even if you want to just use EE's numbers since his resurgence over the past two seasons Price has been a full WAR better.
  12. Price has had a better WAR than EE in every single year since 2009, Price's first full season in MLB. Of course, a player's value isn't merely tied to talent alone, you have to figure in contract situations and that's when things begin to tilt more toward EE but this isn't as bad of a structured deal as everyone makes it seem.
  13. Price has two years of control left and EE has three, right?
  14. How can everyone immediately write this off without knowing any of the particulars?
  15. And it's official, Cano to the M's. 10 years, 240 mil. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/mariners-to-sign-robinson-cano.html
  16. I hate to rehash the event of last year but there are a whole host of reasons why the FA route may not have been possible if ownership was pushing for one huge offseason. FA market is slower to develop, FA's don't like signing with losers and often use losers to drive up the price, the whole Canada thing, etc. It all adds up.
  17. On the whole, I like what we've done at C. Replaced JPA and Thole with Navarro and Kratz without really moving the needle budget wise. Should make for a nifty little improvement, even if a lot of that improvement is in the form of addition by subtraction.
  18. Doesn't have to be Kratz. Navarro could catch Dickey as well.
  19. Given that AA had Thole in AAA to begin last season and that Thole did nothing after being brought up, I bet there's a very good chance Kratz is the backup and Thole is in AAA.
  20. Ok got ya. I should have figured.
  21. That's a pretty big statement. Wouldn't Yadier and whatever backup you give him be a better tandem? Or Lucroy? Probably plenty more.
  22. I would consider betting against it if for no other reason than young pitchers more often than not seem to not pan out.
  23. Don't you dare steal my Martin Maldonado suggestion!
  24. Great point. But are we just assuming that a C who can catch and throw is also good at handling a pitching staff, giving pitcher's confidence, etc.? I'm not comfortable doing that. My point is that it was near universal approval that a 3 year deal for Ruiz was a tits contract to hand out whereas one for Salty wouldn't be a good idea. And this is despite the fact that Salty is generally healthier and much younger.
×
×
  • Create New...