Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Lol nice. I turned the game off but I do recall the two hits off Santos were ground balls. If that first one was hit closer to a fielder it would have been the end of the inning.
  2. Gibbons is fine. He's not perfect but he's rarely the reason we lose a game.
  3. I wonder if the Padres will even exercise it....
  4. Best he could get was 8 mil on the open market. Why should the Jays have given him almost double that? Especially with his injury history. I just wish all those on the JJ QO bandwagon would admit defeat so we can move on.
  5. Yeah I mean for a starter going down he's not the worst replacement to have. The difference between him and Lind for two weeks is negligible.
  6. I agree, it's completely reactionary and over the top just as this whole fail of a thread is. We've got respected forum regulars acting like we couldn't give Dickey away and others saying he should have been gone a long time ago, whatever that means. This on top of the usual knee jerk comments we get after every loss. Everyone needs to keep in mind that it's 23 innings in April of 4.70 FIP baseball. He'll be fine.
  7. Good lord people, he's def struggling right now but to say he sucks is a little strong.
  8. It's for 4 million I believe. I wonder if the Pads will even exercise it at this point? haha
  9. Well thank god they finally smartened up. No one was willing to give him more than 8 million, 14 would have been a huge overpay and and as we now know would have blown up in their face. Plus, a lot of those guys were already under contract before they started showing signs of being prone to injury or their injury history just doesn't even compare to Johnson's whose arm is made of glass.
  10. That's an assumption of a player's health! And do you really think that past injuries play no part in a player's contract? I can't believe you just won't admit you were wrong on this one. It happens to the best of us.
  11. Well yeah of course. But I don't think Rasmus' injury is all that serious.
  12. Sounds like it might be Lind at this point.
  13. You are probably right. Best JJ could do on the open market was 8 million. I'm sure health was a factor.
  14. If Lind hits the DL they should bring up Gose and play him in LF and move Melky to DH.
  15. Why do we have to assume that a pitcher with an injury-riddled career is all of the sudden at age 30 going to be healthy going forward? Your average fan can look at a player's medical history (especially one as extensive as Johnson's) and age and factor that in to whether or not they think he is worth X million. It's going to be far from an exact science but I think it's more fair than just assuming everyone is going to be healthy all season.
  16. Ok the impatient little boys showed up to the GDT because we are down 1-0 in the 2nd inning. Time for me to log out.
  17. How the hell do you miss the bag before tripping over it? lmao
  18. Supposed to be 38 degrees Fahrenheit at game time with 0% chance of precipitation. It's going to be cold but they'll play.
  19. Oh I don't disagree. He was awful last year. But I'm going by the projections for this year, which factor last year's disaster. Maicer is about .2-.4 WAR higher than Diaz. Even more than Goins. As for my comment about not having enough replacement level players, that doesn't really hold water. We have Getz and Tolleson in AAA, they aren't any worse than Diaz and Goins.
  20. I don't really get how this is "funny" to everyone. You all are twisted. And it hurts a little bit. The guy was the best of our crap infielders for one. And second, if we lose any more infielders then what? Replacement level players are pretty plentiful but not every org has a bunch at every position.
  21. You sure about that?
×
×
  • Create New...