Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. This is valid and is a good argument for why Duran would have been a better acquisition. A lot of the trade deadline is about improving the team right now.
  2. Nice, I'm going to go to all 3 Rockies games.
  3. Cannot wait for him to make his Jays debut. Probably one more start in Buffalo? Perhaps debuting at home against the Cubs on the 13th or 14th?
  4. Jays low K rate should play well at Coors. Get the ball in play in this park and good things will happen. Jays' defense should also help. "Stealing" any extra outs can be huge. The Rockies' bats are hot though and they are 7-6 since the ASB. Would love a sweep but I won't panic if we take 2 of 3. I will panic if we lose the series, however.
  5. Truth is I'd probably rather have Duran. Throwing 102 sounds awesome and he's got a longer track record. I'm sure we tried. But he will be making like 17 million or something over his final two arb years. Varland will be getting less than a million each of those years. So that's something like 8 mil a year which can get you something pretty decent.
  6. We landed the best starter of the entire deadline which counts for something. If you compare the individual deals I think we held our own too: Jays gave up #5.5 and #11 for 5.5 years of Varland. Phillies gave up #3 and #9 for 2.5 years of Duran. Mets gave up #5 and #13 for half a year of Tyler Rogers. Some say 5.5 years of control doesn’t matter for relievers and I think that has some merit, but Varland is making the minimum for 2.5 more years and Duran will be getting paid pretty well via arb. The Yankees pulled their usual heist. They traded nine prospects (ranked from #10–#91) for Bednar (1.5 years), Doval (2.5), and Bird (3.5). But those guys are in arb, Bednar/Doval were demoted this year, and Doval reportedly has makeup issues. We gave up #35 for half a year of Dominguez. The Yanks may regret going quantity over quality. Sometimes those lesser ranked guys can pop. Tatis Jr. was a throw in for James Shields 9 years ago.
  7. I actually have it the other way around. I think we had one of the better deadlines of any team and I do have blind faith in their rankings.
  8. That's mostly just one idiot troll that people keep biting on. But yeah this is pretty spot on as we have a ton of guys scuffling. Add in the injuries and it looks like we are running with spring training split squad lineups. Hopefully Springer is back asap and he and Kirk are able to quickly rebound.
  9. Completely perplexing as to why they didn't add more at the deadline. Imagine if they kept Devers too. The projections don't like them very much so they should cool off eventually but a 3rd possible team definitely plays a factor in the division race. At least we own the tiebreaker on top of a 3 game lead so I think we should be able to hold them off.
  10. Never hear the Jays described as a bargain basement shopper before but I guess when we drop a series some fans will lose their minds and IQ
  11. I tried telling everyone the Yankees were in trouble after the Judge injury Add all the relievers you want but if you lose a 12 WAR player it’s going to hurt Maybe someday you people will actually LISTEN
  12. So I take it you’re not fan of Ty France?
  13. He said that they could consider it but he would talk to Varland about it after the year. My general feeling was that it was an option but unlikely.
  14. Good lord we just cannot get healthy right now. Hopefully that clears up soon. I'm cool with 2 out of 3 against the Royals and then let's go sweep the Rockies.
  15. These two go back and forth for a while lol
  16. Agreed. Imagine being upset about us dumping a corner outfielder and infielder combining for a grand total of ONE home run in about 250 ABs lmao. Plus one of them is a nepo baby who skipped important games in the middle of a pennant chase to go party with his dad for a weekend. GOOD RIDDANCE
  17. I haven't heard Atkins say much about France other than he will be playing a lot against LHP. He probably takes Straw's playing time who is somehow even getting pinch hit ABs right now lmao. I think Varsho and Gimenez's defense make them better options vs LHP than Barger right now who makes for a better pinch hitter. LF- Lukes/Schneider (L/R) DH/RF- Springer 1B- Vlad SS- Bo 3B- Barger/Clement (L/R) C- Kirk CF- Varsho (L) RF/DH- Loperfido/France (L/R) 2B- Gimenez (L) C- Heineman (S) OF- Straw 2B/LF- Schneider* UT- Clement* 1B- France* It seems like Gimenez is still a week or two away but when he comes back we will have to figure something out until September 1. Either someone hits the IL or one of Schneider or Loperfido go to AAA for a couple weeks. Probably Loperfido. If Taters comes back then France could hit the chopping block if he's not hitting. If he is then maybe he survives and Schneider or Loperfido don't.
×
×
  • Create New...