Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Come on you senile old shits. You can remember to call him Melvin it's not that hard.
  2. Travis is a star player. I love having that guy on the team.
  3. Ceciliani already giving lip to the umpire. Looks like he'll fit right in with the rest of the guys.
  4. No probably not. He was a 6'6'' black dude.
  5. Good to be home. Looks like the guys were missing the man in white.
  6. That is interesting but Lenny Dykstra is a piece of s*** as well so take anything he says with a grain of salt.
  7. That certainly has something to do with it. He's been a star for so long he doesn't even know what it's like to be a normal person anymore. Kind of like Justin Beiber. But like Grant said Griffey was a star from a young age and he's not nearly the ******* that A-Rod is, as far as we can tell.
  8. We need two more OFers for next season and the FA market sucks. I could see him being on the team, perhaps in some sort of platoon role with Upton.
  9. Yeah that tweet from Davidi seems kind of weird. Torn thumb ligament and out 4 to 5 days don't really seem to compute.
  10. Well why does Shi Davidi thinks it's not that big of a deal then? Surely someone from the team indicated that to him.
  11. A torn ligament sounds really bad but I guess it's not. Could have only missed 4-5 games but with the 3-man bench they needed the extra roster spot. I can't wait for September with expanded rosters.
  12. Lind had an incredibly bizarre career in Toronto. He had a great offensive year in 2009, then was below replacement level for three straight seasons, then became good again. Looking back on it I can't believe they gave him that much rope.
  13. I agree. Upton in a corner OF spot over Saunders or Bautista is worth over a full WAR by itself. Smoak's bat (projected 96 wRC+) over Upton's (83) doesn't make up the difference. Also need to factor in EE's defense vs. Smoak's but my lying eyes can't really tell the difference. EE probably better range but Smoak has better footwork and glovework around the bag. I guess the one argument for Smoak getting PT is that he and Upton's platoon splits might make it more beneficial to have Smoak play against righties and Upton play against lefties.
  14. They want him to get ABs and he hasn't really had that many this year. He'll get a September callup I'm sure.
  15. It's really strange. Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire were titans of the sport in their day. Some of the most famous athletes of any sport. Not Michael Jordan level but one notch below. Now they are just hitting coaches and they don't really seem all that revered at all. I went to some Rockies games this weekend when they played the Marlins and other than watching Ichiro get 3000 I was probably most excited to catch a glimpse of Bonds. But no one else cared at all about him.
  16. Offense needs to break out of this mini-slump and we need to beat the s*** out of Mike Fiers. I think it will happen. Jays win 7-4.
  17. Ideally they'd just keep Sanchez in there and then decide on what to do with Dickey and Liriano. But right or wrong they are concerned about Sanchez's health and want to limit his innings. This is a good way to shave 15 to 20 innings off. They could even skip a start once in a while. My guess is that Estrada's back may have played a factor as well. Happ isn't a spring chicken and even Stroman isn't free from innings concerns. I think I'd probably make the same decision.
  18. Salt Lake City or Park City are great places. You'll find Jack Mormons there The rest of Utah I would not consider.
  19. I grew up in Wyoming. It's alright if you like being left alone. Really desolate and the weather is really bad. Cold and very, very windy. Canadians can probably handle the cold though. Utah does have really hot women. They are all uptight Mormon chicks though.
  20. Pitcher injuries play a huge factor in MLB never allowing its players to play in the Olympics.
  21. What is that? Is that like the NFL and Hard Knocks? That would be awesome. The Jays might be the best team for something like that too.
  22. Yeah I remember a team doing this before. They put a pitcher on the DL and it was tagged a "phantom injury". I think it was the Braves with Kris Medlen which isn't the best example as he's hurt all the time. What's it called when you stack two starters on top of each other again? Has anyone mentioned starting Dickey for 4 innings and then letting Sanchez go 3? Just throwing it out there.
×
×
  • Create New...