Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Osuna is the closer but then Gibby ranks the rest of the pecking order based on age.
  2. He likes to trot out there and smack the pitcher on the ass with an "atta boy."
  3. Loved the move to Osuna and he delivered as expected.
  4. He spoke really highly of Gibby in that interview on MLB network yesterday so I doubt this turns in to anything.
  5. When Pillar gets back I wouldn't mind Saunders as the full-time DH with Upton and Zeke in the corners.
  6. Seems like Upton is on some of these pitches he just can't square them up. A ton of foul balls.
  7. Not buying it. You get legit crazy when the Jays start losing.
  8. This whole thing is so contradictory. Are you claiming that you aren't one of the sky-is-falling types? But then at the same time you're criticizing the "sit there and be fine" crowd? But then others are "tightly wound up"? Lol I don't understand but I'm pretty sure you're the ringleader of the trolls who say we should start tanking when things are going bad.
  9. I said I hoped they called it so we could save the pen. :-/
  10. I hate the O's but I want them to win. I think the Sox are the better team and bigger threat.
  11. Just get this half inning in and call it. Give the team a half day off and save the bullpen.
  12. You can't go (that) wrong with one year deals! Someone pointed out worst case scenario where Saunders plays 80 games and gives us 1 WAR. Well so what, we call up Pompey or whoever else or maybe even make a deadline trade and try to fix LF for 2018. 1 year deals carry very little risk.
  13. The third ace was converted from the bullpen when a lot of people had pretty much written that guy off as a starter.
  14. 1-6 looks good. That 7-9 is ugly but the OF defense without Saunders is better and at least Zeke can bring his empty .260 BA to the lineup which sadly is an improvement over what Smoak is doing lately. I can't wait for September. I'd bring up a shitload of position players. Montero, Pompey, Goins, and Kratz at least. Probably Burns too. Loup, Shulz and Barnes would all be getting calls too.
  15. Yeah that's true. But the post I was responding to made it an either or scenario. "No on Saunders but use his allocated money for Reddick."
  16. Think about that for a second. Is Reddick even better than Saunders? This year he's not even close to being as good as Saunders. Then factor in cost and Saunders at 1 year 16 million is such a no brainer over Reddick at 4 for 80 or whatever he ends up getting.
  17. Well he was coming off a 2.8 WAR season so they probably weren't too upset at the time. He sucked this year and now they can just not offer it to him this offseason and move on. Minimal damage done really.
  18. You can put damn near anyone in LF and the average fan will think that they are "pretty good defensively."
  19. On a one year deal it's easily worth the risk IMO. There's some truth to the adage that there's no such thing as a bad one year deal.
×
×
  • Create New...