Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Well I read that he was on the verge of being traded. Perhaps as early as tomorrow. But him starting probably means they don't really like their offers right now.
  2. You've had a lot of caffeine today.
  3. I'm a little surprised that the Padres are letting Cashner go through with this start.
  4. From what I've read on Twitter Gibby's plan is to play him against lefties every time. He'll also give Saunders and Bautista days off at DH by putting Upton and EE in the field together. And Upton likely plays pretty much everyday as a pinch runner or defensive replacement as well according to Gibby. He's like a win to a win and a half improvement on defense over Bautista or Saunders so I'd prefer he just play everyday but if they want to stroke Smoak by playing him once in a while it's whatever. At least he won't see lefties anymore. Zeke is pretty much redundant at this point. I guess he can be the poor man's Upton but buried further on the bench. He can pinch run for one of the slow guys and in some circumstances if Upton is already in the game and could pinch hit/defensive replacement if necessary. He's out of options though I think and he has no trade value. Would be nice if they could trade him to an NL team who views him as a 4th or 5th OF who has 3 years of control and would be willing to give up a rental RP for him.
  5. What the f***. lol That's like an easily-identified troll post that we see from new accounts on here about once or twice a month.
  6. From what Atkins is saying they make it sound like Upton will be a 4th OF. We'll have to see how it shakes out though.
  7. Yeah I don't mind him when used like that.
  8. Well if we fleece them for Cashner as bad as we did for Upton why not?
  9. Yeah but maybe their offers are s*** right now and they figure if he has a good game they can move him for something.
  10. We need bullpen help badly IMO. I trust 2 guys out of our 8 right now.
  11. I think it's a rather large downgrade actually. Even with a s*** bat Pillar is close to being a star player.
  12. They are probably ok with it. Buck Showalter is going to use his Baseball Holy Water to keep Nolan Reimold's OPS above .750 from here on out.
  13. This trade makes that extension look even more weird now I agree. But he could have a role next year with all of our free agents. They must just think Smoak is acceptable as a starter should they whiff in the offseason. But if they can find an upgrade paying Smoak 4.25 million to be a bench player is a role they find acceptable at that price as well. Seems like with both Smoak and Upton they are hedging their bets for next season. Both could start, although not ideally, and both are paid like bench players.
  14. SSS Alert: According to UZR/150 this season Upton (+5.6) has been 20.7 runs better in LF than Saunders (-15.1) has been. That's a 2 win upgrade right there. Geezus.
  15. Yeah I don't understand how the Orioles don't outbid that offer. Upton a clear upgrade over Nolan Reimold.
  16. I'd probably just play Upton a pretty fair amount full-time, install EE as the starter at 1B and then use the DH to give regular rest to Saunders, Bautista and EE the rest of the season. Smoak can play every so often when EE needs a rest and he can also be used as the primary pinch hitter. This deal also helps a lot in case of injury.
  17. Vs. right handers I would say he clearly does. Vs. lefties Upton is better offensively.
  18. Is Upton's defensive advantage over Bautista/Saunders greater than Smoak's offensive advantage over Upton? It might actually be.
  19. Eh I think you were making some good points when we all thought that we'd have to pay Upton 12 million or so next season. But at 5 million for a season and a half? That changes the dynamics a lot.
  20. Wow. This seems like a really good trade if they are throwing in 17 million.
  21. Ehh I mean if he's a fulltime player batting in the bottom 3rd of the lineup is he really that bad?
  22. They haven't really made any bold moves yet but you could argue that after AA it was for the best. They've made a lot of mid to smaller moves that have worked out really well thus far. Resigning Estrada. The Happ signing looks pretty good, especially if they've identified an xFIP beater. Bringing back Barney and giving him a big league job looks pretty nifty. Tendering Saunders. Donaldson extension is going to save some money.
  23. Let's say Upton costs us a C prospect or two and they pay some of his salary. Who on that list would be better for 10-12 million?
  24. Why do you think he sucked so bad those two years?
×
×
  • Create New...