Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. It was tongue-in-cheek and the fact that you didn't pick up on that and instead wrote two paragraphs of analysis is evidence that BTS' half-joking claim may in fact be accurate. Also, what mod deleted my comment telling that dad to toughen up? lol
  2. 4 mil a year for Smoak is not that bad, I agree with you. Steve Pearce came off a terrible year last year, truly just an atrocious year, and he got 4 million. LoMo had a bad year as well. He got 4 million. I imagine Smoak would have got at least 4 million. After Napoli and Moss he's probably the third best 1B on the market next season. Smoak just needs a platoon partner. I think the aformentioned Pearce would be a good fit. I get the concerns about even rostering Smoak and committing 2 years two him like that. But the team has a ton of FAs next year and we won't be able to perfectly fill all the holes that they leave. Patching up one of those holes now makes sense.
  3. "They love him in the clubhouse."
  4. Well Burns will get the boot. Then it will be between Goins and Cola for that final bench spot IMO.
  5. Oh I agree with you. He's fine as organizational depth. I just have a feeling that he'll be up. Hell, he might even be an ok platoon partner with Smoak I guess. I just really hope we pick up someone better at the deadline.
  6. Oh boy. He's coming up soon isn't he?
  7. This isn't a total disaster IMO if the circumstances are applied. The dollar amount isn't that bad but the two year commitment to a player of his caliber is a little alarming. But look at the FA crop next year. EE is the top 1B but after that you've got Brandon Moss and Mike Napoli. Both will probably command far more than 4.25 M a year and I'm not sure this team is in a position to make competitive bids to players like that when we've got our own big name FA's on the verge of leaving. And after Napoli and Moss (who frankly aren't sure bets anyway) it's Lind, LoMo and a bunch of other slop. Smoak is probably better than any of those 2nd tier guys and if he played out the rest of the year and ends it slashing about .235/.330/.405 with 16-19 homers as projected he'd probably find himself a decent deal in FA. For comparison LoMo got 4.2 last year and he was coming off a terrible year. On top of that we had 4 regulars leaving. Given how s***** the FA class is next season we weren't going to find perfect solutions to all 4. Since we were going to have a patchwork guy or two in there anyway I think Shatkins probably just decided to use one of the patches now because he found one he was comfortable with and now he can focus on the other 3.
  8. He's probably a little bit better and he's also not dealing with a foot issue. I think it's safe to say that he's a better bet for RF this year.
  9. Beltran would be nice but getting someone under control for next season would be really nice as the FA class sucks for OF.
  10. He got 22 total million guaranteed. Less than the QO offer on an AAV but he looks cooked. Might be more money overall.
  11. That and not offering top dollar for free agents. When we did, like with Burnett, we were able to sign them.
  12. Yeah when Dickey is s***ing the bed in April this conversation is ugly. When he's in midseason form it's mostly yes with some "qualified no's".
  13. Yeah the backup C is guaranteed to get a chunk of playing time. Having a good one would be nice, I won't question that.
  14. Pretty sure M Maldanado is a top pitch framer.
  15. What exactly makes him so horrible to watch compared to another #5 SP, say someone like Hutchison? I'll agree with you that he hams and eggs it out there but if he's effective he'd be more enjoyable to watch than your normal shitbag #5 wouldn't he? Thole I completely agree with but catching depth in this league is pathetic. Without really looking my guess is that most backups around the league are trash. Having one in Thole who can contribute something doesn't make him good at all, but he's probably equally as bad as a lot of others backstops. I'd definitely look for a better backup next year though for sure. Dickey has used plenty of catchers in his career, we can find one who can catch the knuckleball IMO.
  16. Yep, I've been calling for it all year. And I don't really care what his FIP or xFIP is. He's consistently beaten those numbers the past 7 years. His RA-9 WAR is 10.1 in the three and a half seasons he's been here and when this year is over he should be somewhere between 11 and 12. He's not showing any signs of slowing down really. There is also the "Dickey Factor" which Breaking Blue wrote about. The guy is a very productive player but he also isn't really seen as one so he's prime to return surplus value on an extension. I was hoping for an 8-10 mil extension but I'd be willing to go higher than that or to even give him an extra year.
  17. Yeah I was nervous about the offense. I knew they'd start hitting better but I thought it might not be anywhere near last year. On top of that I was worried that the rotation would fall off. But what's happened is that the offense has come roaring back while the starting rotation is maintaining it's very good start. Gotta like where we are at right now.
  18. Lol I know. But I love when the off topic stuff creeps in to the main forum. I think the hottest Jays rankings was my favorite thread. I think we should pony up some money and get a cheap trophy and mail it to the winner each year. Also, I know why Grant cares about t-shirt sizes as well because I'm a similar build and it's a pain. In my experience the larger sizes accommodate girth moreso than they accommodate length. Some companies make everything for a person who is 6 feet tall and then they just make the shirts wider for those who are bigger rather than longer for those who are taller. At 6'5'' 220 I find I'm in between a large or an XL most times. The XL's just don't add much length over the larges and instead they add width so I end up with something that's still short and now baggy. Size Large from American Apparel is a perfect fit for me and if Grant could get over his hatred of the US they would probably fit him well.
  19. Yeah I wouldn't think he'd cost much. Can play corner OF, 1B and even 3B and 2B.
  20. Out of the boot, seems hopeful for end of the month return is what I read but that timeline seemed very speculative.
  21. In a non-contending year they'd have no problem trading a soon to be FA within division IMO. Probably the better move really.
  22. Last year we got Lowe and Revere for nothing. Two moves similar to that would be ideal.
  23. We may see Cola again. With the deadline coming up we could see a trade as well. Someone mentioned Steve Pearce and I like that idea.
×
×
  • Create New...