Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Price enforce the Orioles to the point that they can't sign another SP of merit until Valdez' contract expires
  2. So it seems like I'm getting a dash of tar and a light dusting of feathers with my 5/70 idea which tells me that I'm light, probably need to go 5/80 to get it done. And to be clear this rips up his final year of arbitration.
  3. Varsho extension is a tough one to figure. His dad is a former big leaguer and he is making some darn good money in arbitration. He could also be one of the Top FAs on the market next year. So he's not exactly desperate. But teams typically don't pay for defense and his offense hasn't been good lately outside of a half season last year that was completely dependent on the long ball. My guess, at the risk of getting tarred and feathered, is that something like 5/70 would get it done?
  4. Santander/Lukes/Barger in 2027 is a pretty s*** OF. I wouldn't say I'm panicking (remember I was the guy that said last year's team would contend when everyone had already thrown in the towel in May) but it is a concern that we will have to address at some point. And there aren't really any FA center fielders next year either.
  5. Jays fans when it comes to Steven Kwan vs. Nathan Lukes
  6. Oneil Cruz! We can trade them a combo of pieces to both help them compete this year while netting a prospect or two. Lukes is the corner OF version of Whorewitz, I'm sure they'd love him. I'm sure they could use some of our relievers. Maybe they'd be interested in Santander or Berrios if we ate some money.
  7. I wouldn't want him back at that price but I think it's a decent deal for the White Sox. I think his extreme splits make him a poor choice for a CL but it does raise his profile a little bit. If he has a hot first half they could get a decent haul for 1.5 years of a CL who throws 99 mph.
  8. Yeah I think we need a bat-first 2B. Could be a star like Marte (Ernie still gets ABs as a UT guy and in a platoon with Gimenez) or a 1.5-2 WAR bench guy (Ernie starts at 2B). But we need the depth and I don't want to see Kasevich playing much. I suppose Jimenez could be an option but I just don't trust him.
  9. I'm actually starting to come around on Donovan though I am worried what he would cost. I don't even think he's that much better than Clement, but if Gimenez or Clement get hurt,you could possibly be looking at John Kasevich getting some significant playing time.
  10. I don't think it's worth it. It's a small role to upgrade, 300 PA bench role right now as Taters is manning LF I'm not even sure Lars Nootribullet is an upgrade over Lukes. Steamer thinks it's close. Newtbar makes 4 million more Have to give up assets via trade I think if we get another OF, it really needs to be someone who is a clear cut 3 WAR starter, but at that point they might need to do a salary dump with Taters. Now if the added bat is an infielder, I think that would probably be worth it. Our infield depth SUXXX.
  11. Their bullpen sucks really bad too
  12. Pretty good article on adding another bat. The most interesting part to me is that he says any additional bat likely takes Lukes' spot on the roster. Lukes is criminally underrated. Steamer600 says he's a 2 WAR player but they assign him negative value defense. Statcast says he's borderline elite in RF with very good range and an elite arm. So if you massage the projections a bit to account for his defense he seems to be a pretty damn good player. Would be tough to add a bat better than him. The Lars Nootrigrainbar's don't really move the needle.
  13. ☝️ Guarantee you Jim owns him in one of his dynasty leagues
  14. I didn't realize he was a midget
  15. A lot can go wrong but in a vacuum the Jays' contracts for both Vlad and Cease are looking good right now IMO.
  16. And here you have it folks, the captain of the Bellinger Fanclub has officially jumped ship which counts as a tacit admission that I was right about Belli this whole time. Chalk up another W for the Sherriff.
  17. Yanks and Bellinger were inevitable. Their ballpark and his soft flies to RF are a perfect match and he's less useful to every other team in the league.
  18. So what's the rest of the offseason look like? Are we pretty much done? 2+ WAR players across the diamond make it so it'd take a pretty big acquisition to improve the team. Small stuff we could tinker with: Bench looks a little OF heavy but it could still work with Barger being able to move the INF Leo Gimenez is out of options. Late inning arm would be nice but that just pushes a worthwhile arm off the 40-man
  19. That's actually not a bad comparison. Good looking with a full head of hair Devout but misunderstood family man Entrepreneurial mindset Always optimistic Loyal to the boys Likes his smokes I'd say the main difference is that Ricky is usually living in his car but sometimes stays with friends. I have lived in my car on occasion (it's a 2009 Chevy Suburban so it's a lot nicer and more roomy) but I usually stay with friends.
  20. Wow it looks like we got a new Sherriff in town folks Excellent work here
  21. let’s trade for Oneil Cruz, we can fix him takes over for Varsho in CF after the year
  22. Signing Framber raises the projected WAR about as much as Tucker and more than Bo. I will now take my tar and feathering like a man.
  23. Bo's deal also includes $5 million dollar opt out bonus. So if he opts out he's getting $47 million for one year!
  24. That Okamoto signing looks really friggin' good in retrospect too. Bo making 42 mil this year Okamoto making 15 Both are playing 3B Bo will need to put up something like a 9 WAR season to win the WAR per dollar comparison lmao
×
×
  • Create New...