Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. No prize necessary. I do it for the love of the game. And Brock already gave me this sweet Dugout Mug for helping name the site which was plenty generous:
  2. Finally getting the props I deserve around here. I knew I liked Brock the second he took over this site. The guy just oozes CLASS and he's a successful businessman who appreciates TALENT when he sees it.
  3. Yeah I went and checked Fangraphs Playoff Odds and nearly had a crash out at the Jays World Series odds for this year. I also refuse to read that new Jayson Stark article that everyone is gushing over. Kill me
  4. And? Congrats to AA on being better than Gord Ash and JP Highly Regardi I guess? Does this mean I need to continue to lick AA's nuts a whole decade later?
  5. Remember when Shapiro sent AA packing and the AA Fanboys thought they ran this board? lmao We don't hear too much from them these days do we?
  6. The Braves are off to a rough start. Kim offseason injury Schwellenbach out after elbow surgery Waldrep out after elbow surgery Strider throwing 93 Profar out for the year
  7. https://www.mlb.com/milb/prospects/bluejays/
  8. Milking Lauer for a million bucks isn't a huge deal in itself, but it's a good thing for the team to win the odd arb case. It shows players that the Jays can and will take you to arb and they have shown that they can win the cases. So players better bend some during settlement negotiations or they may end up losing. Could save the Jays millions in settlements over the coming offseasons.
  9. Lol I would love to see journeyman Eric Lauer demand a trade
  10. And btw I was saying it made sense to bring Max back all offseason. No one really ridiculed me for it so I don't think any apologies are necessary but maybe some kudos would be nice?
  11. I've tried various AIDS jokes over the years with little to no success. I thought for sure that I had a banger this time but only one like?? Most posters would probably give up but I'm determined to make one of these work. Back to the drawing board.
  12. Just phantom IL some of them. Problem solved.
  13. Wow please pray for Matt Waldron. I know modern medicine has come a long way but contracting AIDS is still very very serious.
  14. The thing with Eloy is that even when he was "good" he wasn't anything special. His two best years were just half seasons where he hit around 140 wRC+. When he managed to actually play 120 games or so, he was a 105-115 hitter. So even in the best case scenario you are talking about a 115 wRC+ hitter with negative defense and baserunning. That's still useful bench player material, but for a team with a DH already entrenched it makes it a tough fit. Ideally he accepts an assignment to Buffalo and comes up if Springer gets hurt. I guess if he mashes they could option Lukes and keep Eloy? Platoon Eloy against lefties (regress the splits and it probably works out okay) and then put Springer in the field?
  15. Santander kind of sucks now but whenever he is back he can just platoon in a corner spot or DH from now until the end of the decade and it won't kill us. If he ever sucks enough just drop his ass. 13 mil a year is a drop in the bucket.
  16. 1st day of spring and the Orioles Fanboys are off to a rough start
  17. This is from Fangraphs' Top 40 prospects list for the ChiSox which was released in December:
  18. This would be a huge blow for the O's if he's gone for the year. If healthy, Westburg is a 4 WAR player. They probably replace him with Mayo who might be a AAAA player.
  19. I think Manfred has done a pretty good job. Everyone hates him and I think his PR sucks but maybe he just doesn't care and is glad to absorb the hits for the owners. Casuals seem to hate him more than most. I think the Dodgers spending and his handling of the Astros scandal are probably the two biggest reasons? Maybe the A's leaving too? Moving the All-Star game out of GA over politics (don't worry I just reported myself) was stupid but that's been mostly forgotten. I think the rules changes have been great though. Sped up the game without fundamentally changing it. Modern audiences can enjoy it again. His legacy as commish is going to come down to this next labor deal though and how he handles it. Seems like the owners might finally have some momentum on their side and we will see how they choose to use it.
  20. Ok Steamer does splits now so vs. LHP here is what we are looking at: Schneider: 107 wRC+ Obviously plays. Lukes: 89 He's a better fielder than Barger too so he could platoon here even though he's a lefty. But he has an option and Jimenez is out of options and we need the infield depth so I think Lukes probably starts in Buffalo. Barger: 84 He probably gets a lot of runway here. Varsho: 80 His defense is too good to platoon. Jesus: 78 Obviously sits. Straw: 75 His situation is different than Yariel's and from how he was handled in Cleveland. I believe that since he has over 5 years of service time now I think if we option him he can leave. Someone would offer him a big league spot for the league minimum. So I think he makes the team. Jesus/Schneider is a pretty clear cut platoon situation. Varsho can play vs. lefties. Barger probably plays vs LHP. Lukes to Buffalo and Jimenez makes the team.
  21. I am getting tarred and feather for suggesting Straw platoon but he’s probably like an 80 wRC+ hitter against lefties I’m not near my battle station to fully engage in sabremetric combat here but I know Sanchez has been abysmal against lefties. Barger too. And we can regress the numbers and they probably get closer to the 80 wRC+ but Straw is a superior defender and base runner I'm down to give Barger some rope though. Hes young-ish and we may as well see if he can be a full time player but I’m not convinced that he’s a slam dunk better option against lefties
  22. They could just option Lukes and platoon Sanchez/Straw and Barger/Schneider and then put Jimenez on the bench Sucks for Lukes but doesn’t hurt to have the depth
×
×
  • Create New...