Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. Absolutely. Wouldn't be surprised if that's how the D-Backs got them to throw in Gurriel who wasn't someone the Jays needed after acquiring Varsho, but definitely worth something.
  2. Looking back on it though, if we knew we were going to get Varsho I probably would have passed on the Teoscar trade and then not sign KK. That would have been one bonkers lineup.
  3. I'm sure the Jays tried to keep Moreno and exhausted every avenue they could but Jansen is a tricky asset to trade with him never putting a full season together due to injury and then his offense taking a while to catch up to his elite defense. If everything clicks, and there's plenty of reason to think it could, you are talking a Top 5 Catcher. But it's hard to get Top 5 Catcher value from him when he doesn't done it yet. Kirk was probably also very hard to trade. With what he's done so far at his young age he's in the company of Hall of Famers. But he doesn't look anything like an elite player so it's also hard to get full value for him. That left them to trade Moreno. We've dove so far into it that I think we all agree that we got close to full value for him but a national writer might look at it and think we got 80-90 cents on the dollar for him thus it was a bad move.
  4. Lol yeah he's being paid to be a middle of the rotation pitcher, not to have a 2.75 ERA at home.
  5. I get the reasoning but it's definitely a glass half empty take.
  6. https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/35630053/2022-2023-mlb-offseason-grades-all-30-teams Can someone post the Jays blurb please.
  7. Montas, Story, etc. Hopefully this is a lesson for the Jays to stay on top of their injury situations. It could be the difference between getting a half season out of a good player vs. nothing at all.
  8. Nestor has a hamstring issue but shouldn't miss too much time. What's their upper minors depth like? I'm just looking at their roster resource page and their lineup leaves a lot to be desired. That rotation 1-5 is nasty, even after the Montas injury. But another injury or two and they could be feeling it.
  9. I also can't wait to see what Varsho can do. He might be our best player!
  10. There's not much data on Bernard but he was in the top 1% of sprint speed. He had 14 "Bolts" in extremely limited playing time last year. He can basically get a Bolt whenever he wants. For context, our entire team had 27 Bolts last year combined and 23 of those were from Tilapia, Zimmer and Teoscar, none of whom are on the team anymore. So Bernard might be worth a shot.
  11. I like Lopez in the final spot too but he has options and we wouldn't have to lose him. We can just put Ryu on the 60 day DL which opens up a 40 man spot for someone like Bernard and Lopez can play every day in Buffalo. And while Lopez has defensive versatility he strikes me as a jack of no trades type when it comes to that. With Espinal and Biggio slotted in above whoever the 26th man is it's not that imperative to have that defensive versatility anyway. Plus, Bernard could be an elite pinch runner and better defensive OFer which might be better for us than the defensive versatility that Lopez brings. He could be a better hitter too who knows. He had some sort of skill change last year and saw his homers spike.
  12. In a vacuum he would be my choice due to his defensive versatility. But there's no rush with him as he's young, has options and we've basically got all the positions covered as is anyway. We could try out Bernard for a month to see what he could do while giving Lopez everyday ABs in Buffalo.
  13. Yeah a lefty like Eisert could have a chance, good call. If injuries hit he'd have to beat out Pearson and Pop among others but if multiple injuries hit they could easily opt for a lefty. As for hitters, there's a very significant chance IMO. Roster Resource has Lukes on the 25 man team right now and he's an expendable lefty with options. The final bench spot is wide open and Capra and Bernard have a real shot to make the team and neither are on the 40 man. Their 40-man competition mainly consists of left handed bats (which we don't need on the bench) and Otto Lopez. I could see them trying out Bernard to see if he can handle the pressure of being a pinch runner and defensive replacement. If he gets thrown out a couple of times trying to steal they could quickly move on to one of the other contenders.
  14. Good question. I think it will be tough for a NRI pitcher to crack the roster at this point. I don't think Tiedemann has a chance. As for hitters, Jamie Richie is one injury away (to either Kirk or Jansen) so he has a shot. Capra is a good guess too. But I'll go with Wynton Bernard. We've got the space for a right handed hitting outfielder/26th man and he has elite sprint speed as he was in the 99th percentile last year. His stolen base numbers look pretty good in the minors as well so maybe with the rules changes he could be more effectively deployed. I'm not sure if his defense follows his sprint speed or not but if it does he's got a real shot IMO.
  15. I did my best to provide you the info and then when you had further questions I presented you with a link explaining it all. It doesn't seem like it's fully registered in your dome yet but I've done all I can. Keep grinding those gears bud - you're so close to getting it!
  16. Yes it's the actual reason. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_number_(American_football)#:~:text=Certain%20numbers%20may%20only%20be,the%20officials%20in%20determining%20penalties. "Certain numbers may only be worn by players in specific positions, thus assisting the officials in determining penalties." "Players who wear numbers from 50 to 79 are, by rule, prohibited from catching or touching forward passes if their team is in possession of the ball and may not line up in a position that allows them to do so, unless explicitly indicated to the referee during a tackle-eligible play."
  17. With football I think it makes some sense as certain players are restricted to certain areas of the field. Such as lineman blocking downfield.So the numbers can help the ref identify those kinds of plays more quickly?
  18. I like the Padres signing Wacha. Their pitching depth is really bad so they probably needed him more than any other contender. Can't imagine the terms are that bad at this point. But I do agree the overall construction of the team is pretty wild. If you're not in the LoD fantasy league you won't get this reference but Preller runs the team like William would if he was in control of an MLB team.
  19. MUH FReE BaSEBALL
  20. Wow! Now this is a takedown! Reminds of of some of KingKat's epic dress downs.
  21. Lol you cannot be serious
  22. Yanks rotation getting hit early by injuries.
  23. Jays 2023 St. Patrick's Day Spring Training Hat I like the color scheme but I think some of the other teams are better as they went with special logos.
  24. Gage's numbers looked pretty good. I was mildly surprised that he was the one that they DFA'd.
  25. I saw that article. I would also like to see those rankings.
×
×
  • Create New...