Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Terminator

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    22,061
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    113

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Terminator

  1. My bad I missed him. TBH I don't know a ton about other teams' young prospects/players. I knew Walker was bad defensively but I didn't know his defense was so bad that moving him to DH actually increases his value. That's generationally bad defense to the point that Zips thinks he's about a 1 WAR player moving forward. And the list doesn't evaluate players in that way anyway. "Taking everything about a player into account, which players would garner the highest trade value, from any team, if every team viewed players the same way I do? It’s not the average value that each team would assign each player based on their respective competitive windows; just like real trades, in this hypothetical list, there’s a highest bidder, the team most motivated to acquire someone’s services."
  2. What makes you say that? Taken straight from the article: "Case in point: compare his ZiPS projections to Guerrero’s. They’re essentially the same, but Arozarena comes with an extra year of team control and his salary will be meaningfully lower."
  3. Kirk was 27th on last year's list. Walker will probably be ranked somewhere in the Top 30. People forget how good Kirk has been up until this year. His comps were Hall of Famers. Most didn't expect him to be THAT good moving forward but when you are putting up hitting stats like that at that age to go along with good defense (elite framing, good blocking and an average arm) at a premium position you are going to be a damn good player. He's fallen off a cliff this year but surely he'll get it going again soon.
  4. Yeah the extra year of control is everything on these lists and Vlad isn't exactly a bargain anymore after getting a 14.5M arb number this year.
  5. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2023-trade-value-nos-31-40/ Fangraphs' annual Top 50 trade value list is out. Kirk is #39 and Vlad is #35.
  6. That Yankees loss was extra special.
  7. Jays are back in business
  8. Jays schedule continues to be among the easiest in MLB until Sept 15. Look at this 12 game stretch starting on August 28 against the only 4 sub .400 WPCT teams in MLB. Nationals @ Rockies @ Oakland Royals I don't think any of the other contenders have this many games left against the sub .400 teams. Some of them are already done playing them entirely. Those teams might be even worse after the deadline too.
  9. I will not be taking any questions at this time
  10. Gotcha, well then there are conflicting reports but if true that's good.
  11. So I read that Ryu is only topping out at 87 right now. He needs to get that up to 89 or so to be effective.
  12. So all the Yankees need to do is fix their whole team with about 4 or 5 trades and then pray Judge can perform through a toe injury that he needs to get surgery on. Sounds like a great plan.
  13. Yeah I could see that. Overpay for Lane Thomas or something. They need Judge back bad but he sounds pretty injured. Not sure how effective he'll be.
  14. Yeah he does have an opt out. Not sure he'd exercise it though. 43 mil for one year seems tough to turn down. Not sure we have the money for him but he'd be an interesting trade target.
  15. I could see it. I hope they panic at the deadline and buy. Not a very good team at all right now and we are starting to build a lead on them.
  16. The playoffs will be easy to make.
  17. Yankees having a meltdown.
  18. Jays currently have the 6th best record in MLB.
  19. Barger is starting to show a pulse. Slashing .268/.333/.468 in July. I read somewhere that he might need surgery after the season. Hopefully he can at least salvage this year and show that he's ready for a 2024 callup.
  20. Just realized Jim's profile pic is a home made MS paint politics pic. So I'm going to have to report him for politics again. At this point he's skirted the no politics rule in about 100 different ways. Should be a permanent ban at this point.
  21. I honestly can't keep track of all the haters and losers, of which there are many. Dozens of you constantly taking swings at The Sheriff and all of you always miss. Bellinger has a good week and all of the fanboys come crawling out of their hole to try and dunk on me without realizing that KK still is having a better WAR per dollar season. You guys might eventually get me on something, I came out guns blazing on about 10 different predictions this past offseason, but this ain't it.
×
×
  • Create New...