9:08am: The Blue Jays are willing to offer a deal in the $14MM range with no incentives, Heyman writes. The Orioles may be a bit behind the Blue Jays. The Rockies, meanwhile, may be out of the bidding, as Heyman tweets.
You'd want to give up the draft pick for 1 year of this guy when there's probably 0 chance of him turning it down again at the end of the year? I'm not sure I would, even with. A 2 win season out of him.
I'm afraid I have no such conflict. His posts are pointless, pedantic, intentionally contrary and full of his own inflated sense of self worth. It's like having another version of grant.
Having a knuckleball swingman wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. He'd be capable of pitching more innings and more often than your typical guy. Didn't the Red Sox do that with Wakefield a few years ago?
The Dickey effect might be lessened if the entire rotation is full of knuckleballers....
Maybe AA thinks standing pat and not improving your team while signing minor league knuckleballers is the new market inefficiency?