Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

He said that the Jays have been smart about not effecting the future with big contracts. I wasn't aware we were just talking about this offseason, my fault.

 

I was just stating that Martins contract and Tulo's contract will effect the future whether it was AA or not.

 

And yes we did need a legit catcher and Toronto does have to overspend to get big name players to play here I get that.

Posted
It was worth overpaying for Martin

 

We needed a legit catcher something awful, and guys of his caliber don't hit free agency every year

 

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/29287.png&w=350&h=254

Posted
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/29287.png&w=350&h=254

 

Is this where we post pictures of FA catchers who are nowhere near the caliber of Russell Martin???

Posted
Is this where we post pictures of FA catchers who are nowhere near the caliber of Russell Martin???

 

Pardon?

 

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/3948.png&w=350&h=254

 

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/5902.png&w=350&h=254

Posted

With second base now open, the Rays' primary plan is to move Brad Miller to the keystone, according to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. Miller, who made the move to first base last season, is no stranger to second, where he started 18 games from 2013 to 2015.

 

The Rays have a few options to fill first base, if desired to do so externally. Perhaps the best free agent option remaining is also one they've been linked to in recent days, Chris Carter. Jon Morosi of MLB Network said Friday that the team is interested in the 30-year-old, who hit 41 homers this past season.

 

Other options include fellow free agents Mike Napoli and Mark Reynolds, and Topkin lists C.J. Cron and Billy Butler as possible trade targets. With a glut of outfielders and a pitching staff that could still stand to lose an arm, more trades could be in the offing before Opening Day.

 

Potential landing spot for Justin Smoak!!!

Posted
With second base now open, the Rays' primary plan is to move Brad Miller to the keystone, according to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times. Miller, who made the move to first base last season, is no stranger to second, where he started 18 games from 2013 to 2015.

 

The Rays have a few options to fill first base, if desired to do so externally. Perhaps the best free agent option remaining is also one they've been linked to in recent days, Chris Carter. Jon Morosi of MLB Network said Friday that the team is interested in the 30-year-old, who hit 41 homers this past season.

 

Other options include fellow free agents Mike Napoli and Mark Reynolds, and Topkin lists C.J. Cron and Billy Butler as possible trade targets. With a glut of outfielders and a pitching staff that could still stand to lose an arm, more trades could be in the offing before Opening Day.

 

Potential landing spot for Justin Smoak!!!

 

That's some wishful thinking. I can't see any other team wanting Smoak.

Posted
That's some wishful thinking. I can't see any other team wanting Smoak.

 

Yeah I think he's just kidding but you raise a good point, with this many 1B/DH type bats still out there on the market there is no point in trading for Justin Smoak.

Posted
Yeah I think he's just kidding but you raise a good point, with this many 1B/DH type bats still out there on the market there is no point in trading for Justin Smoak.

 

Yeah I'm just kidding, but its surprising to read they would consider trading for Cron or Butler. I mean Chris Carter and Napoli kinda suck, but there's no need to trade for bums like Cron, Butler or Smoak when they are on the market for next to nothing.

 

TB should finally maximize Miller's value by moving him to 2nd (and he hits like he did last year he might be a 3-4 WAR player).

Posted
Yeah I'm just kidding, but its surprising to read they would consider trading for Cron or Butler. I mean Chris Carter and Napoli kinda suck, but there's no need to trade for bums like Cron, Butler or Smoak when they are on the market for next to nothing.

 

TB should finally maximize Miller's value by moving him to 2nd (and he hits like he did last year he might be a 3-4 WAR player).

 

Isn't Butler a FA?

Community Moderator
Posted

Twitter humans are saying the punishment is light.

 

I do think there's a wink-wink going on between STL and MLB. There's no way Chris Correa was the only person in on this 2.5 year scheme.

Posted
Yeah I think he's just kidding but you raise a good point, with this many 1B/DH type bats still out there on the market there is no point in trading for Justin Smoak.

 

Or just play anyone there and promote Bauers in June

Posted

 

Posted
Soooo... the Cards were allowed to sign Dexter Fowler why?

 

The MLB were waiting for information on the matter from the Supreme Court... whom released said info last week. Still doesn't make much sense, nor does the Stros getting the picks.

Community Moderator
Posted

Yeeesh. Cards probably only signed Fowler because they knew their first couple picks would be gone anyway.

 

Did this saga hurt the Blue Jays?

Posted
I don't understand why Houston is being rewarded in this. It sounds like this guy basically just knew (or easily guessed) some of the passwords, and/or his were never removed when he left. That's terrible process and policy. Any reasonable person with an inkling of security knowledge would never let that happen. Should Correa be banned for life, and should the Cards be fined / lose picks? Absolutely. Houston shouldn't be rewarded for stupidity though.
Posted
I don't understand why Houston is being rewarded in this. It sounds like this guy basically just knew (or easily guessed) some of the passwords, and/or his were never removed when he left. That's terrible process and policy. Any reasonable person with an inkling of security knowledge would never let that happen. Should Correa be banned for life, and should the Cards be fined / lose picks? Absolutely. Houston shouldn't be rewarded for stupidity though.

 

Exactly, maybe this guy used the same password... with the Stros. (jk)

Posted
Maybe the Astros had to spend money to change all their databases and processes or something.

 

If their processes and policies were that weak, they should have been changed/updated a LONG time ago. The Cards probably did them a favor, before some real hacker got in and started changing things for fun... The picks should just go away, and the Cards should lose all international bonus pool or something for a year or two.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
The Jays Centre Caretaker Fund
The Jays Centre Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Blue Jays community on the internet.

×
×
  • Create New...