Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,082
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Avg base running? He was the 4th most valuable base runner in baseball last year!
  2. um....that was my point. -4.4 is incredibly good for 1st basemen (I think he was the 3rd highest qualifying). I thought it was skewed because he played some OF last year - but it wasn't. It appears he's an excellent defensive 1st baseman (which I was unaware of). I still find it very odd that he's been relegated to 1st base though (given his youth, speed, etc.).
  3. You'd just put him at 1st and stick Pearce in LF. I love Valbuena. Hope we get him.
  4. You aren't factoring in his arbitration years...
  5. Can someone explain why Myers DEF value was only -4.4 despite only playing 55 innings in the OF? Is he phenomenal defensively at 1st base? It's alarming this kid was playing CF in 2015, posted remarkably good BsR value last year (4th highest in the league!) while stealing 28 bases - yet is now a full time first baseman. He kind of reminds me of Todd Frazier.
  6. you and Jeff Blair would get along I think.
  7. Sorry Hurl - I'd rather run the 100 m dash in a 90 m gym than read anything by Bob Elliot.
  8. Blair has the mental acuity of a thumbtack. Just another day at the office for Shapiro.
  9. I think you grossly overestimate how predictable the FA market is. I wasn't surprised by there answer at all.
  10. Personally, I think it's time to see what Pompey can offer (over Zeke) - regardless of whether he's getting full-time at bats/playing time or not.
  11. Actually - that's exactly what it's like.
  12. It does if we're more than 4 years away from being in perennial championship team....right now is when their value is at it's peak. FWIW - I'm not sure I fully support the pursuit of being perennial contenders...it's a very difficult and possibly unrealistic goal.
  13. I could see them spending $8-$10M on relievers $3-4M on a backup catcher $15-$20M on 2 OFers and/or Valbuena.
  14. I've recently decided I'm going to read more and was looking for some recommendations on good baseball books. I love the history of baseball, so obviously that would appeal to me, but I'm open if there are good ones on more of the new age topics. Thanks guys.
  15. I think you underestimate my devotion to the Blue Jays.
  16. Coco Crisp hasn't been hit by a pitch in 2,742 at bats. That's unreal. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-man-who-hasnt-been-hit-in-almost-six-years/
  17. To provide me with something to FAP to during the cold, harsh winter.
  18. Here's hoping Connor Greene turns things around this year and makes the next step.
  19. We probably should have just non-tendered him and invited him back on a minor league deal.
  20. When are we going to 26 man rosters?
  21. Perhaps you should go explore what Vince Carter and a couple of years of winning from the Raptors (which was followed by a decade of losing & mediocrity) did to influence the number of kids following and playing the game of basketball in Canada. Baseball Canada reported a 14% increase in participation in 2016 (vs. 2015) - primarily related to the blue jays fever. http://www.baseball.ca/baseball-participation-on-the-rise-across-canada Memories like 2015 & 2016 can have LASTING effects on children. It's the f***ing lame duck casual bangwagon adults who turn their backs as soon as the team sucks again. Adults are the f***ing worst - as is your negativity.
  22. I think you underestimate how f***ing difficult that really is...and how many year in a row does the team have to win to qualify? Let's keep in mind the Red Sox finished LAST in the division in 2014 and 2015.
  23. I find it difficult to judge a GM without understanding all (or most) the circumstances behind his actions. There was a stark change in AA in 2014, which resulted in him building one of the top teams in baseball in the 2015 season. It wasn't built to be sustainable (which I think is something the naïve casuals don't seem to understand), but jesus, it provided the most entertaining 2 years of baseball I've ever experienced. My son (and likely thousands of kids across Canada) has developed a passion for the game because of the Jays recent success (one I can hope lasts a lifetime). To suggest you hate AA with a passion for his efforts here is one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read.
  24. I appreciate being corrected. The best part of this board is learning from those who are wiser than I.
  25. Isn't that one of the things people are impressed about with Vlad Jr.? Perhaps that's just the people who aren't as smart as NJH (such as me).
×
×
  • Create New...