Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,082
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Severino Gonzalez was already picked up or traded for (I forget the team).
  2. Would anyone here have supported a Devon Travis for De Leon trade?
  3. I assume you mean because he can run well and steal some bases, but Kendall's bat was significantly better than Realmuto's...Jason Kendall may finish with more WAR over his career than Yadi....let that one sink in. Realmuto didn't hit a lot in the minors and appears to be that rare case of a player who hits better in the majors than he did in the minors (errr maybe last year will be a career year offensively). I don't think there's anyway to look at Reese and predict a similar outcome unfortunately.
  4. In other news, Herpderp's computer has been seized by authorities...
  5. Stat scouting here - but is J.T. Realmuto a reasonable comparison to Reese McGuire?
  6. Did I miss the discussion on DeLeon for Forsythe?
  7. Nice story - glad he got a cup of coffee and doubled in his first ML at bat after all those years in the minors (baseball should promote those type of feel good stories more). This guy should end his career with 4 hits. Let's move on.
  8. The red on red blue jay symbol on the jersey makes me want to vomit. Art's post is spot on. The White, Grey and Blue jerseys are magnificent and they should stick with them.
  9. I remember reading an article suggesting he was unlucky last year and some of his peripherals (spin rates maybe?) suggest better results. I suspect he wants to start and would improve any number of rotations around the league; however, I'd welcome him to the Jays if that were ever a fit.
  10. 2016 K% was only about 1% below his career. It looks more like 2015 was a spike to me. I think he'd be a solid piece, although relievers with low GB% scare me a bit in the RC.
  11. Yikes - I didn't see that in the photo the first time I glanced at it. Thanks for making me go back and look. At least it's not gory. I thought he'd be skinnier than that TBH.
  12. They also have AJ Reed. I see absolutely no reason why the Astros would choose to trade for Smoak instead of giving Reed the opportunity.
  13. Steroids do a body good.
  14. Strong disagree if guys like Walker and Edmonds aren't going to get in.
  15. Good news on a couple of fronts: 1. This hopefully will be a 1 year thing in celebration of 150 years for Canada. 2. They appear to be using red undershirts. Question - will this replace the blue jersey's this year? The sportsnet app feed I read called the red jerseys their "alternative for 2017" - which is what I thought the blue ones were...or are the blue ones their 3rd jersey or something stupid?
  16. A lot more players would accumulate SB numbers if their managers allowed them to run freely while being caught 33% of the time. Vlady stole 181 and was caught 94 time. He was a terrible base runner and it would be very short sighted to factor in the number of SB's he had without acknowledging he probably shouldn't have been attempting most of them.
  17. http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=14697&position=P Did his fastball velocity really jump from 89.2 to 93.5 last year? wow. Holy extreme flyball pitcher too!
  18. CJ Cron suxxxxxxxx. Valbeuna's going to play 1st most of the time.
  19. NNNOOOOOOOOO. ffs.
  20. Deeper than our bullpen depth?
  21. I hate the look of the blue undershirts with the red jersey. Hopefully they at least get red undershirts
  22. Whoever it is that lives beside Heyman should go over and punch him in the face.
×
×
  • Create New...