Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,082
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Cecil always seems to start slow...
  2. God he's the epitome of a douche bag...
  3. Yep. I'm suggesting that too. You walk in and like a man and a true leader - you admit your mistake and explain you have an opportinity to improve 2 team weaknesses for about $2M.
  4. What would it cost to sign Lawrie at this point? $1M? Pagan likely costs the same. Shatkins has to be able to walk in and explain that for $2M we can significantly improve the team depth
  5. What's wrong with cutting Smoak and replacing him with Lawrie?
  6. Rumours are out the Jays are interested in both Pagan and Lawrie. Those 2 really would solidify a very deep roster heading into the season.
  7. Shockingly - Zaun's a f***ing idiot. Laurie's worst season is equal to Smoak career season (in terms of WAR). Money is the only reason we wouldn't want to dump Smoak and take on Lawrie. Given the health of JD and Travis - this seems like a no brainer. Shatkins said they wanted to get faster, more versatile and younger. Lawrie checks all 3 of those boxes....although he's a douche.
  8. We'll of course not when we still have Goins around...
  9. Speaking of Gibby I took my 6 yr old son to the Jays v. Twins game on Saturday. We went early to try and get autographs....stood behind the Jays dugout before the game...all set up to get some when the players finish warming up....until the Twins usher guy yells at 15 mins before the game to get in our seats (crusty old f***). After the game we fight the clouds and get down to the dugout only to see Reece M. Sign his last autograph and leave. Unfazed we ask someone where the jays leave the clubhouse and are told the bus is over there in a restricted area but there's a 2nd storey balcony we can see them from. We go over, hang the ball over and watch all the jays ignore us (couldn't hear us over the loud buses + couldn't see us up top). At this point my son is very sad/discouraged and begins to cry a bit. I console him...she of the twins officials try and play with him a bit but he's clearly upset. Finally an officer sees us from down below and tells us to throw down a ball and he takes it on the bus....who else signs it but the skipper himself - Gibby. Made my son's day.
  10. Lawrie and Pagan replacing Smoak and Zeke on our roster would be some excellent upgrades.
  11. Based on this side view...Sanchez may be ready to move up the BJMB hot list next year. Looks like he's really filling out. JD looks like a massive douche who tries too hard. Must be taking tips from Pillar.
  12. Good god - I now have inspiration for my "bold predictions 2017".
  13. I could see Alford's swing from the side today...it looked a lot better then from the pitchers view.
  14. Funny John. I'm just saying his swing and swing path look odd. Anyone else think/notice this?
  15. Alford doesn't pass the eye test for me. I can see why he strikes out so much.
  16. Looks like they want to get a good look at Tellez - he's seemingly playing everyday no? I'll be at the game in Fort Myers tomorrow v. the Twins. I really want to see Tellez, Alford and Urena start.
  17. I think the board is simply rooting for a homegrown talent to bust through, recognize his potential and recuse this team from an Upton/Zeke platoon in LF.
  18. This sounds like an amazing year...
  19. This might create some funny situations where the defensive team is rushing to get set and throw a pitch before the other team throws the flag. I could even see them throw a intentional walk style pitch (which now no longer exists) just to avoid the challenge like they do in the NFL. They need to speed up the decision making - but I'm not sure a flag is going to work. No idea what the answer is. Could a clock start as soon as the ump makes a call and ticks down from say 15 seconds and they have to decide before that clock runs out?
  20. Chase De Jong traded to the M's for a couple of low A ball players. He would have been excellent depth to grab given our situation next year.
  21. You mean that cybermetric stuff??? I only listen to Bobcat to hear Stephen Burnt. I love Brunt.
  22. Pillar tried leg kicking last spring to add power and it didn't work. This year - shorten up and slap it around!
  23. I'm down in Port Charlotte Spats (home of the Rays/Stone Crabs); however, it is an amazing stadium. My favourite in the area. I was just telling my wife yesterday how I should take the oldest out and try to catch some of the practices!
  24. Took my 3 sons to the TB v. PHI game today. Sadly the stadium was empty; however, that allowed us to turn our berm seats into prime seats in the shade (as it was 28 today without a cloud in site). The stadium staff were great - showing my oldest boy (6) were to go for autographs. Poor kid stood there patiently as almost every Philly player walked past him (including JP Crawford - who's autograph I really wanted). Luckily Tommy Joseph came over and gave all 3 of my boys game balls. He was very nice, talked to the boys and made their day. Our 1 year old fell asleep on the car on the 20 minute ride to the game and thus his nap was cut short by our arrival. This put him into a groggy, zombie-like state so the wife suggested I take him up into the stands while the other 2 rug rats burned off some energy. With a nice breeze blowing through the stadium as the game started, I had a bit of a zen like moment - holding my 3rd (and last) born son as I watch my first pitch of the season. Nearly brought a tear to my eye. The snap of the mitt was loud today - music to my ears. I will do everything I can to help pass down the love of the game as days like today are simply the best. Jays v. Twins this Saturday. Can't wait.
×
×
  • Create New...