Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,083
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. Kenny is reporting Pagan has turned down 2 major league offers. Sounds like he still wants $5M. Damn him and his gorgeous hair.
  2. I found myself pulling this .gif up on my computer from time to time over the winter. It brought warmth to my heart. It was a long winter. I'm so happy he's back!
  3. Does he still hit the cage from time to time? He showed Tim Tebow promise.
  4. Boom boom boom baby. One of many for the good guys!
  5. Google the "seat view" from that section. There should be pictures on the internet. Have fun. I'd love to see a Jays game there one day.
  6. right - that probably prompted Bobcat to talk about it...which resulted in me turning the f***ing radio off.
  7. Jesus - a lot of us really need to get laid.
  8. Wasn't it like f***ing Bob McCowan who was suggesting he should be sent down?
  9. They had a "name the team" promotion and the Rumble Ponies won... http://i.imgur.com/9x7JPXf.jpg
  10. http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/mixing-fantasy-reality-more-on-velocity-and-miguel-diaz/ Interesting breakdown of Graveman's sinker (as we can relate it to Sanchez in some regards). Also - the GIF's on Miguel Diaz are super sexy and totally worth a look guys. Dirty.
  11. Why is that terrible? You prefer Zeke over Smoak that much? I'd be ecstatic if either Zeke or Smoak could get on a heater for a month or two. Ride the hot hand until reinforcements arrive. Give me a 2006 Chris Shelton April all day long.
  12. Isn't Correa a 3rd baseman playing SS? Seager and Lindor are at another level defensively....and to date, Seager's been the best offensively. This god damn topic is overshadowing the articles and questions I posed. That pisses me off.
  13. apparently it's a bicep cramp! More bananas man.
  14. Couple of interesting articles http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/what-on-earth-happened-with-jake-arrieta/ I wanted to ask: 1. Has Arrieta always thrown across his body THAT much? Maybe it's the angle, but I never thought it was that pronounced. 2. Did I miss the discussion on the new way they are measuring velocity this year? I caught (and participated) in discussions on how everyone (except Greinke) on the Diamondbacks is throwing harder this year and Kendell Graveman's velocity spike was discussed, yet I didn't see anything about how it's measured differently this year and thus all increases in velocity should be taken with a grain of salt. http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/just-a-bit-outside/story/how-the-cutter-grip-can-affect-arm-strength-bumgarner-ottavino-rivera-042015 I never knew some organizations have banned the use of cut fastballs - including Baltimore.
  15. yeah but can he pitch in a pinch? #goinsforever
  16. You can't do that Spank. Pictures mandatory for this type of post.
  17. http://i.imgur.com/NvFq37r.gif
  18. If my son ever becomes a ML ballplayer, I'm probably never going to look at the internet ever again.
  19. Yeeesh - Barry may not want to creep back into some of the old threads... That said, moving forward, a welcomed new member!
  20. Being able to sign David Price instead of selling off top prospects to acquire talent doesn't help keep your farm system stocked? I get your point King. Draft well and you'll always have a strong farm system....there are teams that can contend annual, while still maintaining a strong farm system. That said - there are a number of factors that influence how feasible it is to do that and teams are often faced with the decision to sell some assets to try and win - or to stay the course and hope the development approach ultimately pays off.
  21. Dodgers and Red Sox also spend a lot more money than the Jays do. The Cubs are the gold standard. Every team in MLB envy's them.
  22. why aren't we all sharing an account ffs??? http://i.imgur.com/yQ54pdD.gif
  23. So only the Cubs, Dodgers and Red Sox are better than Toronto. This graph completely ignores depth, which is pretty irresponsible (although predicting how injuries will affect outcomes is incredibly difficult in it's own right).
  24. Back to back ALCS appearances...sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too.
  25. "His approach at the plate is, predictably, epicurean. But embedded deep within his genealogy is an ability to make this approach viable, and even when Guerrero is poking at balls just a few inches above the dirt that appear totally unhittable, his strength/bat speed is so good that the ball still jumps off his bat and into the gaps." Da fuk is that?
×
×
  • Create New...