Jump to content
Jays Centre
  • Create Account

Brownie19

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    21,084
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

 Content Type 

Profiles

Toronto Blue Jays Videos

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Top Prospects Ranking

Toronto Blue Jays Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

Guides & Resources

2025 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Pick Tracker

News

2026 Toronto Blue Jays Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Forums

Blogs

Events

Store

Downloads

Gallery

Everything posted by Brownie19

  1. wow - I drew in some of the boards finest with that cast...
  2. If find it odd he can harp on a guy for celebrating a CG win, but when a player hits a walk off HR - the whole f***ing team is allowed to scream and cheer and crowd around home plate...the batter can toss his helmet off as high in the air as possible while rounding 3rd...teammates can bring out Gatorade jugs and drench people, etc......yet nobody's ever offended or upset by that? If the whole team acts like they've never won a game in the bottom of the 9th, or in extra innings - it's perfectly acceptable....but if one ballplayer does it (after something less common than a walk off hit in todays environment) - he stands out and thus it's not acceptable. Dat makes sense.
  3. Do you think Grilli has similar bad habits? I mean I don't think Stro is 'developing' bad habits. He's always been exuberant and shown his emotions on the field. I'd render a guess there are players in every team in baseball who have similar mannerisms. At some point will it piss off another team and cause a fight? Probably (in spite of it being extremely hypocritical) - but lets be honest, in competition, men will always find something to be pissed off at the other team about. Baseball players have been getting pissing each other off and starting fights/beanball wars since baseball was invented. This isn't some new phenomenon created by "new age" players celebrating on the field. I thought we were getting to a point where teams were a lot more accepting of the fact that baseball is fun and showing emotion isn't a sign of disrespect (which it's seemingly been forever) and every fist pump or bat flip didn't have to result in beanballs and meaningless bench clearing yelling matches. Does anyone know if bench clearing events or beanballs are actually up or down vs. previous years or decades?
  4. You thought the guy in the pink suit telling Stroman not to bring attention to himself had a point?
  5. Are we sure Vlady is 18?
  6. Might explain why we got him at such a reasonable price...and here we thought all the other GMs were just dumb.
  7. Gotta find more ways to get Salty's bat in the lineup...
  8. I love this s*** more than words can express. It's a beautiful game.
  9. Is he taking over for Pederson in CF?
  10. Oh well yeah. I thought we were talking about getting him on the cheap based on the perception that the Mets were perfectly willing to stunt his growth by platooning him and/or letting him rot on the bench.
  11. Both HR's last night were on off speed pitches. Stop throwing him those - bring the high heat. Pitchers will adjust.
  12. I doubt he was ever one it. He's en fuego right now and should be one of the Mets building blocks for years to come.
  13. Based on the top of Grant's head - I'd say OF is pretty thin right now. Shortstop too (as I think Urena sucks and Bichette will end up at 3rd or 2nd) unless Gurriel can stick there. I'd aim for the best player available in any trade, but finding our shortstop of the future sure would be nice.
  14. It's more likely Barry's getting ATM.
  15. Certainly there must be some compromise (where you can see HR balls, but not useless pop ups). Personally, I think they need more seats with shade. The 100 level is a cesspool of body odour and sunburns in the summer. It's unhealthy and generally unfit for families with young children unfortunately.
  16. +1 Not until recently did I ever go on Reddit, but now that I have, it's really not much different than this place. I expected a lot worse given all the comments on this board.
  17. Ask Me Anything. You're probably thinking of ATM.
  18. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-new-generation-of-ballparks-is-pushing-us-away/ Don't know where to put this - but thought this was an interesting article.
  19. While we're on the fake outrage topic - what you guys think of the stroller-gate? Who the F tries to bring a full sized stroller on an airplane?
  20. Our WAR leaderboard looks amazing. So Pillar learned how to hit, but now he can't run the bases or defend? awesome.
  21. The franchise shortstop tree has fewer branches than the average starting pitcher tree man... Swanson may not develop into a franchise shortstop, but he alone was worth way more than Shelby Miller at the time.
  22. Wow - never realized how much Swanson is struggling. Might need more seasoning.
  23. Holy Christ people read into too much these days. This is what's wrong with society.
  24. gezzz - I wonder why.
  25. That Mexican AAA team must score a lot of runs...
×
×
  • Create New...